ThinkGeek Giveaway: 7 $100 Gift Cards

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • 1161718 19 20
  • Page
  • Text Only
I was fired from a job for knowing too much about computers. The IT guy didn't like me fixing them, so when we switched from Macs to PCs, he tasked me with moving everything over, neglected to mention a key task, and called corporate to get me out of there.

My older son just got back from college for Thanksgiving break. We had his younger brother run up to him and give his XBox 360 a hug since he hadn't seen it in three months! They're not the closest of siblings...

looking inside a computer for the first time and falling in love.

Bought a new smartphone for my parents for Christmas 2010. I didn't know that they were not able to send or receive phone calls for two weeks after, because they didn't know how to operate the phone.......They got rid of their old phone for the new one, but were too embarressed to ask how to use it....ha ha

One of my co-workers starting messing with my mini desktop galaga during a conference call - of course he hit the on button and we had to explain to the client what that noise was!

lindylady said:   uhm the pie I made for a friends birthday that had 3.1415928.... on it .
Or the cookies of catan
or bi weekly game night
or
or

hopefully that was a typo and you meant 3.1415927, which is correct

i watch all brady bunch reruns!

I'd like to have one of these cards too!

when i began successfully fixing my friend's computers for fun

I had to teach the secretary responsible for taking ID pictures at the VA how to use her dSLR. That was a moment filled with a lot of facepalming on my part.

My best friend also marveled about his own nystagmus while drunk, does that count too or is that more of a nerdy moment?

Getting up and waiting in line really early Friday after Thanksgiving but ending up not finding the right location in the store...

talking to girls about the nuances of Star Wars in bars
scared away quite a few that way lol

triple post! sorry

triple post! sorry

I once had a dream consisting nothing of pages of scrolling assembly language code

two words: punch cards!

When I got done wiring cat5e to each room in my house, I thought i was so geek! That was more than ten years ago.

I used to attend several role-playing game conventions a year.

8008 on the calculator in elementary school

My friends and I thought it'd be cool to have fibre cables that light up so we can see where they're going since they're always so long.

This is first of my BF shopping, lets see how it goes, shopping list includes laptop, kitchenware, furniture and a bed
my memories of BF include days when i was stuck in lab and went around hunting for food with all things closed so
lets see how it goes, this time round

I enjoy building computers; haven't grown tired of it after twenty years.

waiting for one....

Bought a sansa clip+ and thought it was broken, because the screen was dim and frozen. I finally figured out the screen was covered with a protective sticker that made it look like it was on.

they day I realized I was not a geek (not)!

Sitting here with my unlocked iPhone, Touchpad and laptop while watching TV and reading FW. Geek.

Thinking back to grade school, I remeber spending recess' inside the classroom playing chess.

I'm 33 years old, a working professional and I host a weekly Dungeons and Dragons game. Nuff said.

trying to automate everything with a software program..

Not sure it's a geeky moment, but it was a strange feeling when my mom emailed me to ask how to send an email...

Not sure it's a geeky moment, but it was a strange feeling when my mom emailed me to ask how to send an email...

After seeing the geeky R2D2 mailboxes, went to town with some paint on our very own R2D2 garbage can!

Spending hours and hours looking at fatwallet deals!!

Some paper and pencil roleplaying - according to a prophecy our characters had different roles assigned. One of them was the sceptic. Everyone concluded that would be me - my comment: "I am not certain about that"

Going Christmas shopping for other people then seeing the brand new DVD ROM drives with "talking encyclopedia" included instead of buying other people things I ended up spending $500 on the DVD ROM drive because I wanted to be the first of my friends to have one.

I guess it was the time I dressed up as an armadillo for Halloween so that I could
be "roadkill on the information superhighway!

I still have my K & E slide rule.

Two words -> Pocket protector.

D&D in high school...good times.

When my coffee mug warmer died, my coffee got cold, and I had to leave the office to go buy a new one.
Made perfect sense to me and still does. To a few others, not so much. Oh well.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014