ThinkGeek Giveaway: 7 $100 Gift Cards

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • 1 2 34520
  • Page
  • Text Only
I tried to Bedazzle my Wii controller ...major fail...was not a pretty sight... and is now back to it's original appearance.

looking for ANY key on keyboard

Dont know about funny.. Buying computer

The day when I realized I can take the free AOL diskette, erase it and use it for other purposes.

Losing my virginity while watching Star Wars... I'll never forget those ewoks

the geekyness flows within me since the begining... ringtone heavy metal imperal march and yoda notifying me of any notificaions. Heck my work lunch box is ANH (star wars IV a new hope) lunchbox. CoWorkers think its a bit odd.

Magicchef said:   Losing my virginity while watching Star Wars... I'll never forget those ewoks Getting boned by a Star war geek?

I dress up as Darth Vader on Black Friday.

i am in

shook hand with stan lee.. nerd-gasmic!!!

Geekiest thing I do that astounds my husband - being able to reach back into my memories as a child and recognize comic book characters/storylines from the first 5 seconds of a movie promo.

For the kids, reciting the Star Wars (IV-IV) dialogue along with the movies.

i set up all ringtones and notification messages on my old phone to be old school mario tones.

When you find yourself sitting around the campfire while camping and streaming movies to your laptop.

I remember getting excited about getting parts to build my first computer. I'd check UPS tracking every 5 minutes the day the stuff was supposed to be delivered!

Building and "tricking out" a computer with my neice.

Programmed Mineswipper in a Casio 9800 when it first came, back in ... 1993? copying it manually to other people so they could also enjoy with this game.

Had to adapt it also to other models.

showed mom how to use copy/paste and after 5 years she still can't get it right.

Oh man. On the day the first Lord of the Rings movie came out, midnight showing, I was on a blind date. Great looking girl but kinda prissy. Well I brought up the movie to her to feel her out, see if I can spot her inner nerd and catch the show...no dice "kids movie" she said. The date was going very well and I was invited in to "watch some tv". The signals were definately there. This was around 10:30pm. I had friends in line texting me that they had an extra ticket. I suddenly had a bad case of the Hershey squirts (wink wink) and had to leave the date. Good part-the movie was AWESOME! Bad part-she drove by the theatre and caught me in line. A geeks gotta do what a geeks gotta do.

thanks, i am in.

Trying to win a $100 gift certificate to Think Geek

Staying up all night to program on my Atari 800

I used to play Dungeon & Dragons for days on end with no sleep.

Needing my 12 year old to set up the blu-ray player to Netflix.

My favorite was telling my totally geeky sister about Dr. Who. I was shocked that she had never heard of him since she is such a sy/fy fan and I will always remember her face after watching her first show. She looked like she had just found the "Holy Grail"! The very best part? We're not younglings. She's my oldest sister and I'm in my latish forties! I'm glad I could show her a quality show since she started with "Lost in Space". Ha!

Guy @ work asks me what kind of PC to get... he is upgrading from windows 98... in 2009...! Anyways, I tell him to check reviews on line... I built mine, I don't rly do prebuilt PC's... He's like what? I'm like ya, you can build them now..lol.. and then I tell him, ya and mine is liquid cooled so it runs faster, kinda like the radiator setup in your car... His eyes get really big... and he says "your kidding me!?"

Thx to ThinkGeek, your site has some great stuff & good luck all.

My favorite geeky moment has to be attending the first Star Wars Celebration in Denver in 1999, the month before Episode 1: The Phantom Menace came out. It was the first new SW movie in 16 years, so we didn't mind standing in line in a downpour getting utterly soaked, with our shoes and jeans caked in mud, completely ruining our clothes. STAR WARS WAS BACK! That's all that mattered... (and I've been to every Star Wars Celebration ever since--and even brought my Taun-Taun sleeping bag to the last one!)

typing this from back dated old un-time-synced mobile device without a stylus or keyboard

I don't get bored playing old school Nintendo games especially the Ninja Gaiden series. The sound tracks from Ninja Gaiden 1 are awesome. I even have them in my phone as ringtones.

My favorite is when my then 2 year old daughter starting flipping through some old Wizard magazines I had laying around. She came across a picture of the Superhero Squad toys and instantly became obsessed with "baby Spiderman" as she called him. She's been a little geek ever since

Polarize the hull plating....

I was having a serious conversation with a coworker about Steve Jobs' accomplishments, strengths, weaknesses, humanity, etc. just after his passing, when I looked around and saw our other coworkers looking at us like "really... really?"

I pulled an all-nighter on a new game server just so I could be in the number 1 spot.

I had Pac-Man fever all summer long in 1984.

I would have to say my geekiest moment was during Halloween when I was in middle school, I dressed up as a Star Trek fan: I was wearing a blue long sleeve shirt, for the Star Trek symbol on the shirt I took the base of one of the old Star Trek: The Next Geneneration action figures and taped it to the shirt, I had an original series tricorder toy I wore on my shoulder, then I was wearing a hat with the Original Series 'Star Trek' words on it.

Another one of note from the same timeframe was my buddies and I making a Star Trek 'movie' which was about 3-4 minutes long using a friend's garage and ship models to show space battles. Makes me laugh looking back at it now.

Probably being chess club president.

Building a device to detect sunlight and open and close my window blinds.

My geekiest moment was when I became the science club president.

help others to build computers

Not sure if it is geeky enough, but fighting Mike Tyson in Mike Tyson's Punch Out on a big screen at a big family party with everyone watching. I lost. I was like Fred Savage's kid brother in 'The Wizard'.

my geekies moment, after changing the computer code but forget to re-compile it, so get the same result and report to boss...be pissed off....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.