ThinkGeek Giveaway: 7 $100 Gift Cards

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • 123 4 520
  • Page
  • Text Only
As a young teen, my brother and I would spend hours each day entering machine code and assembly language to program games for the commodore 64

Getting into the top 10 in the English language contest among non-language departments in my college back in Russia. I was at the Math department there and my English professor did not expect it at all. Anyway, that is why I study in the US now, I guess

Posting here/

My awful car broke down (again), this time in the middle of a long trip, stranding me 100s of miles from home in a city I knew nothing about. Despite this, I STILL managed to find a way to walk/bum a ride to a movie theater for the purpose of watching a movie I had waited 16 years for on opening day:

The Phantom Menace.

Wait, maybe this wasn't my favorite geekiest moment.

never win anything from fw except T-shirt.

So many to choose from...

Dismantling hard drives for the magnets.
The wind chimes made from hard drive parts and electrical conduit.
Resurrecting a shedder with a screw from a hard drive.
Being invited to a beautiful woman's house that had a crush on me and actually fixing her computer.

Honey, Honey, come here! Look at this, It's Jupiter.................Door Slam

I could use this

Building my first computer from scratch!

Wish I can win this an buy a new computer for my Dad!

Build my hackintosh

I'm a long time geek. I was online before AOL even existed! The company that became AOL was called QLink for Commodore64 computers. I remember using that. Everybody was pretty excited about their graphical world interface that had something to do with Lucas. It was Second Life decades before that existed too. So little acknowledgement of QLink these days but it was the forerunner of a LOT of stuff that hit mass appeal in the 90's and after.

idk - making my own mp3 ringtones?

I would love to get in
I used to do support for a popular word processor back in the 90's
I had a client call in who was having problems with the program. after spending 10-15 mins with her. I found out that her computer wasnt even turned on or plugged in.

going to Return of the Jedi the week it came out with a bunch of classmates in highschool

So one more change to win some thinng.

My geeky moment will be stayed home during vacation for 4 weeks playing computer and pizza

I got married on the bridge of the starship Enterprise at the Star Trek Experience in Las Vegas.

I ran into a glass door at a friends house and got floored. the laughter from my friend and his family hurt more than the red spot on my forehead.

4w350m3!

I'm in.

I save my old computers in case my current computer breaks I have spare parts to replace.

Pick ME! I'm the ONE!

Highschool + Trombone = Geek years!

Saving all my old computers for parts.

In for giveaway !!!

Funniest geeky moment? None of them are funny, they are all rather sad

Going to movies with friends and see teaser poster for "The Fifth Element." All of us say at once "who would see a movie about boron?"

Passed out in the middle of a huge ceremony in front of everyone

good intention

chess club

Playing doom over the netwowrk after hours on all the bigwigs' computers

I'm an IT guy, not a week goes by that I don't have a new geekiest moment. I spent all of yesterday parsing text files using a batch file and had a good time doing it.

band camp!

in ......dr who night with my kid!

Probably being known as being the one to go to if it has lights and is shiny to figure out how it works.

When I first got my nintendo which by the way was my first console ever!! played super mario bros 3 for almost a year before I got my next game.

thumbs up for random selection! gives me a chance too

when i was the first person to go into a Trade Show, submitted an entry to guess the number of computer chips in a big jar, got a funny look from the person in the booth when he saw my entry, and then later found out i won with the exact number.

My geekiest moment ; at least according to my daughter was buying the retro- atari game at the local Drugstore. Is she kidding!!! It comes with 60 games!!!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014