• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
http://www.walmart.com/ip/Element-40-Class-LED-1080p-120Hz-HDTV-...

Element 40" Class 1080p LED HDTV 120Hz, ELEFW402:
16:9 LED panel - With a 1920 x 1080 Full HD resolution
40" class screen size - 40" screen measured diagonally from corner to corner
Built-in digital tuner - Watch digital broadcasts, including HDTV programs where available
High brightness of 450cd/m2 with 4 ms response time - Place your TV anywhere
4,000:1 dynamic contrast ratio
HDMI Inputs: 3 - Enjoy a superior HD experience with HDMI one cable solution
Wall mountable - Detachable TV stand allows wall mounting

Strongly considering this one. LED-LCD, 4ms response, 1080P, <$400, 3HDMI

Reviews mention weak speakers, but otherwise its sounds pretty good.

What do you guys think?

It is either this or one of the 720P Plasmas on Black friday (Samsung 43" WalMart or Panasonic 42" Kmart)

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Element 40" Class LED 1080p 120Hz
Thanks HappyCamper08
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I bought this, and so far, I am not impressed, especially because of very very weak sound quality. If you plan to buy th... (more)

walletLess (Dec. 12, 2011 @ 7:44p) |

Is there any help for the weak remote.?
I boughtthe 40" westinghouse LD-4055 LED TV, $400 + tax at Target.
the picture is... (more)

roxntix (Dec. 30, 2011 @ 12:38a) |

He He... The Element 40" 120hz LED HDTV is the same TV as the Westinghouse 40" 120hz LED TV, produced in the same facto... (more)

bargainexpertpirate (Jan. 13, 2012 @ 5:04p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

looks good to me! in for 1

Not a bad setup at all. 120hz and enough HDMI ports. 450cd/m2 is a PLUS! Thinking really hard...

hmmm...that or the 40" 120Hz LED Westinghouse from Target for the same price:
http://www.target.com/p/Westinghouse-40-Class-1080p-120hz-LED-LC...

this is not a HOT deal at all, this thing is at Target for 265 on black friday, and 2 days ago it was on target.com for 48 hours for the same price (265) plus shipping, why on earth would this be an expert pick at 400$??

rickt86 said:   this is not a HOT deal at all, this thing is at Target for 265 on black friday, and 2 days ago it was on target.com for 48 hours for the same price (265) plus shipping, why on earth would this be an expert pick at 400$??

The Element HDTV being sold at Target is the ELDFT404, which has CCFL backlighting and 60Hz.

The one at Target is now $379.

$379.00 Online Price

Reg:$499.99- Save $120.99 (24%)
Westinghouse 40" Class 1080p 120hz LED LCD HDTV - Black (LD-4055)

SidFarcus said:   The one at Target is now $379.

$379.00 Online Price

Excellent Find my friend. WOW!!! We are on our way to look at this; in stock at every store in our area.

SidFarcus said:   The one at Target is now $379.

$379.00 Online Price

Shipping isn't free at target though, and is at WalMart. With $30 shipping that brings it to $409, versus the $399 for the WalMart one.

I just called my local target and they have 8 in stock at a price of $399.

Jedi, if you are open to a Plasma then there is a thread on how to get a 51" 720p Samsung Plasma from Dell for $425.

There is a lot to debate between the two technologies and spec sheets which I will not muck the thread up with. Suffice to say if you are open to Plasma that is a very good deal as well, you may want to consider it.

also there is another deal at Dell the 42 inch aquous that you can get for around 405 but you will need to use a discover card and go threw discovercard.com they give u 10% back and the coupon code 4LH1GSG6KJ9J4B. I just did this it shipped free and because i live in the country I only had to pay state sales tax so this made it cheap then the one at WalMart

Is this one any good? Vizio E371VA 37-inch 1080p 120HZ LCD TV (Refurbished) $410 ?

http://www.overstock.com/Electronics/Vizio-E371VA-37-inch-1080p-...

FranksandBeans said:   Jedi, if you are open to a Plasma then there is a thread on how to get a 51" 720p Samsung Plasma from Dell for $425.

At 51", I would prefer a 1080P as little as our room is. But for someone looking for something bigger and cheap it might be one for them to consider.

conjur said:   hmmm...that or the 40" 120Hz LED Westinghouse from Target for the same price:
http://www.target.com/p/Westinghouse-40-Class-1080p-120hz-LED-LC...

I went the WalMart route. TV comes tomorrow.

Prefer the LED over LCD if I'm not going plasma so passing up other deals for LCDs that are out there.

Target had a simular 40" Element for $265, I got it the night before the black friday crowd as they were just putting them out in the aisles, and they had already changed the price to black friday prices in the system

As mentioned earlier in the post the TVs are not the same. This one is LED and 120hz while Targets is 60hz and not LED. I personally won't buy an lcd that isn't at least 120hz. To me there is a very noticable and annoying judder when watching sports or any fast moving scene in a movie on a 60hz lcd tv. I hardly notice it at all on an 120hz lcd. But it is still not as good as it is on a plasma. Plus while it is not that great of a difference the LED is thinner and has a better picture quality. So that is a bonus.

Any of these are good for gaming use? PS3/Xbox360?

extra 5% back through shopdiscover.

I bought this, and so far, I am not impressed, especially because of very very weak sound quality. If you plan to buy this TV, I strongly advice buying a good set of speakers to go with it. I sit about 8ft away from the TV, and can barely hear anything.

I connect my PC using HDMI input, and that works alright - the picture quality is decent, although the blacks are more gray towards the edges (I think that is a problem with most edge lits though). I switched to VGA so I can use my laptop's speakers instead of the TV speakers though. I recommend turning off the "Home Power" option since it dims unexpectedly.

Also, there is an input for cable TV (the round coaxial), but I also use over the air receiver - so I can only hook one or the other, but not both since they both need the same input slot. This is purely my fault that I did not see it before ordering.

The TV is pretty slim, and easy to assemble. The included remote works well (have not tried the universal features yet), but I plan to return the TV - primarily because of the sound quality and fewer cable inputs.

Is there any help for the weak remote.?
I boughtthe 40" westinghouse LD-4055 LED TV, $400 + tax at Target.
the picture is Ok, the speakers are tin cans that no one has opened.
The REMOTE is terrible, I'm 8' from the TV, if I don't point and shoot
strait at the little blue dot, it will not do anything, point and shoot
takes me several tries, Now I ready to throw the remote at the TV.
Is there a fix for this weak remote, if not I may take it back to Target,
another 150 miles round trip.
I love traveling shopping with fuel going back up again,
I'm thinking" why do I need a TV, there isn't anything on them but filth and football,
I don't watch either...God bless...

He He... The Element 40" 120hz LED HDTV is the same TV as the Westinghouse 40" 120hz LED TV, produced in the same factory in China, just under a different brand. Even the remotes are similar, but the Element has the VCR/DVR buttons. It's an OK TV for the price, good picture but poor integrated sound. Add a good pair of powered computer speakers that have some bass and it sounds a lot better. Picture is pretty good with HDTV input, a bit blurry with normal NTSC signal. Much of the video quality depends on the TV channel signal, so it really isn't the fault of the Element brand HDTV. Colors are rich, but the contrast and brightness needs adjustment for each different signal source. There is still some visible motion shimmering even at 120hz. There is no access to the tint control, but it does have a cool/normal/warm color selection option. It really needs a control to adjust the brightness of the backlight, as sometimes the backlight is just too bright when watching in a darkened room. I bought this HDTV for use in my master bedroom. Overall, I'm happy with my purchase from WalMart for less than $400. However, if going for use as a home theater centerpiece, I'd consider a name brand.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014