Vitamix 5200 New at Costco $374.99

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This is expensive for a "blender" but its a hell of a deal for a hell of a product! I picked one up to replace my juicer (same effect, without losing any of the fiber/nutrients that you get from juicing!).

Costco:
Vita-mix High Powered Blender
$374.99

Next lowest on Amazon:
$579.99
http://www.amazon.com/Vitamix-5200c-WARRANTY-Variable-Countertop...

Attached is a pic from the display
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y3/nvanaman/0b092870.jpg

thanks chino3

Member Summary

Vitamix 5200 New at Costco
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

blendtec is soooooooooooooo much better

dmitriy2000 said:   blendtec is soooooooooooooo much better

There is lots of room on F/W for you to post your blendtec deal.

Anyone who recommends a blendtec over a Vitamix has certainly not used a Vitamix.

If all I'm looking for is something to blend juice/make smoothies, this is probably overkill right? How does this compare to the Ninja blenders?

what locations did you see this at? I bought one for 399 a few weeks ago.

i have used vitamix for over 2 years

briand29 said:   Anyone who recommends a blendtec over a Vitamix has certainly not used a Vitamix.

+1

Blendtec certainly has it's fans, but there are WAY more dedicated evangelists for the Vitamix than Blendtec including many who own or have used both.

skymatty said:   If all I'm looking for is something to blend juice/make smoothies, this is probably overkill right? How does this compare to the Ninja blenders?

There really is no comparison. The vitamix or a blendtec is so much better that is is not funny. If you want a smooth drink, the ninja just isn't going to do it. I tried blending some seeded grapes in my ninja and it would not blend the seeds. I had to spit them out. Tried the same drink in my new blendtec and there were absolutely no seeds. It pulverizes them. I might just buy this vitamix to do my own comparison with the blendtec and sell the one that loses, along with the ninja.

n/t

Don't know why this tripple posted

I am surprised there are not a lot of chinese knockoffs made with similar RPM & power for cheaper. The Vitamix is amazing, but I definitely don't have a budget to spend $400+ (incl. taxes) on a blender.

I'm biased. I don't have a Blendtech or Ninja, but frankly, I dont trust them.

I ended up getting a VitaMix in part because I killed so many regular blenders. And yes, you dont need a juicer with a VitaMix. The Variable start will help if you are trying to get chunky rather than smooth. It's impossible to burn out a VitaMix with the automatic shut down and reset.

To give you an idea - all those cooking shows, all those restaurants, all those smoothie places: what do they use? Yes. A VitaMix. (Basically the same thing, possibly without the variable start.)

Recall seeing a comparison by Consumer Reports a few years ago. For dealing with ice and getting it smooth - nothing compares with the VitaMix. The others were "ok" for other tasks.

I havent tried the VitaMix for "grinding" grain and nuts. It does a fantastic job of turning almonds into almond milk, though.

My family are Vitamix fans. My parents have it for 2 yrs and they use it daily. Any other sub $50 blender would have died by now. It really does last a lifetime. The blending power is awesome. I hate the gritty feel from blackberry seeds (the fruit not the phone), so I put in the blackberry with a small bit of water first and run it on high a min or so, then add the rest of the ingredients. The seeds virtually disappear into the smoothie.

Unsure which is better between V and B. Diff websites say different things. I think the difference comes down to longevity rather then performance. I did read a few blogs saying the Blentec jar tends to leak just after the warranty period is over.

drtrouble said:   To give you an idea - all those cooking shows, all those restaurants, all those smoothie places: what do they use? Yes. A VitaMix. (Basically the same thing, possibly without the variable start.)

I actually posted above in support of the Vitamix myself above, but to be fair the Blendtec is used in the 10's of thousands by Starbucks all across the country as well as most smoothie chains. It is exactly those that are constantly available as refurbs posted all the time here with the sound shields.

Performance of the two is actually nearly identical, with each performing slightly better than the other in different tasks.

Used to be that the warranty kept Vitamix in the lead but BT finally upped their warranty to match.

For me the Vitamix advantages are:

- Vitamix not being quite as loud as the BT without a sound shield. (which doesn't come with non-commercial models)
- Vitamix customer service and warranty service is reported to be more responsive and easier to deal with.
- Inclusion of tamper which is helpful with nut butters
- I prefer a manual dial to control the variable speed and have no need for the pre-programmed settings on the BT

i'm looking for a vita-max 1710 pro in the next few days and pull da trigger..

I love my Vitamix. I've had it for over 15 years and it's still powerful and like new. The motor is like no other.

If, however, you are buying it to use instead of a regular juicer, you might be extremely disappointed.

Example: Initially I thought I could make great fresh orange or grapefruit juice. After a few tries, I realized I could not, as the Vitamix does not remove the fruit's pulp. It blends whatever you put in it, and if you put a thick pulpy fruit, you will get a thick pulpy drink (not at all what you'd want).

Still, highly recommended. I've used my Vitamix to make great soups...and even frozen yogurt.

VitaMix. But the one posted is only 48oz. Wife just bought me the 64oz one for $399. Love it. I have been researching for a couple of weeks. Love the vita-mix more. Its a tank.

Actually they are very similar in their performance. The problem with the BlendTec is longevity. Starbucks stopped using Vitamix for a period of time and switched to BlendTec for the convenience of having buttons as opposed to dials. A problem, however, developed with the BlendTec's microchip within about 2 years. In that short amount of time, about half of the machines had failed. Now, they are switching back to Vitamix. Vitamix does not need a microchip because its controls are manual, not electronic. The Vitamix consistently lasts for a very long time without any issues.
And again, as far as performance, they are almost identical. So I would say the Vitamix is better.

Greetings - I'm in search for a Vitamix deal, such as the ones I've seen quoted between $375-$399, including shipping, cookbooks, etc. Can anyone guide me to a seller who I can purchase this from?

Thanks!

NuMystic said:   I prefer a manual dial to control the variable speed and have no need for the pre-programmed settings on the BT
The Blendtec electronic controls will be the first thing to break, trust me. There's absolutely no need for such things in a home kitchen. For such an expensive investment, it's better to keep things simple and reliable.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014