• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
2TB HITACHI Deskstar 5K3000 HDS5C3020ALA632 (0F12117) 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive
Green drive, CoolSpin Design, 5900 rpm

$89.99 with free shipping @ Newegg
Limit 1 per customer.

Was checking hard drive prices and saw this... Dunno if this is a price mistake or temporary price drop. All the other 2TB internal hard drives seems to still be around the ~$200 range, but this seems like it's more reasonably priced.

You probably can get cheaper external drives from Staples with a PM and coupon, or from some other BF external deals.

I think it's a so-so deal if you need a drive now, and good for those who don't want to loose the warranty by removing the drive from an external enclosure.

Hoping these will drop back to $60AR or lower, so I can buy more, but probably not going to happen anytime soon.

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

5K3000 (1.93kB)
Thanks aaronfatwallet
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:

This drive is back down to $109.99 (regularly $159.99) with FS. I know that's not as good as the OP, but it's better than most prices these days. Granted, this is an OEM drive with reviews that include DOA and dead after several months. (Caveat emptor.)

Maybe HD prices are creeping back down. I bought two of these drives a few months before the Thailand floods. One drive arrived DOA and the second was fine. The replacement drive was fine and dandy. YMMV

This drive is back down to $109.99 (regularly $159.99) with FS.

I got two 3TB drives for the same price a few months ago.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014