• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I didn't see this posted here on FW so I ripped from that other site for those that don't visit that Slick site...

Amazon has matched Newegg's price on the Panasonic HDC-TM900K Black 3CMOS High Definition HDD/Flash Memory Camcorder for $599.99. If Newegg charges you taxes, save on the tax and order from Amazon. Either way to good buying options on a great, high-end "Prosumer" camcorder.

Amazon link

Newegg link

Newegg
See Newegg promo codes that earn 1.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Panasonic HDC-TM900K
Thanks aaronfatwallet
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks! You beat me to the Newegg sale post and I didn't notice Amazon matched it! BTW this camcorder is rated extremely high practically everywhere, but not without a few shortcomings like, obviously, the YMMV fan noise, and low light not as good as Canon HF G10 or M41, or editing difficult with 1080/60p files.

Back up to $699.99. Yes, fan noise can be an issue with this camera. But if you turn AGC off and set the mic levels manually, it's not a problem when filming in quiet environments.

I've been watching for a good deal on this camcorder for awhile and this is the best price I've seen. No tax and free shipping sealed it. Thanks OP!

Yelp, Amazon's price is gone, it's like a lightening price or sth. Newegg still stands.

Heres another reasonable low priced camcorder at Amazon (Panasonic HDC-TM41H HD Camcorder with 16GB Internal Flash Memory) for $179

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B004I43MGS/ref=nosim/?tag=fatwalletcom&...

rupter said:   Back up to $699.99. Yes, fan noise can be an issue with this camera. But if you turn AGC off and set the mic levels manually, it's not a problem when filming in quiet environments.

Rupter, I am getting this camera, and am curious about the noise issue. You seem to know about these things. Can you explain better what needs to be done to control the noise? What is AGC, and set the mic levels manually to what?

I had gathered from reading all the reviews I could find, that the noise did not come into the recording. You sound like you have actually used this camera, and found the noise to be an issue. Can you really hear the noise in the recording?

I got a tm900k in Aug from Newegg for 699. It has no fan noise issue. I think the infamous fan noise issue was corrected long ago. The TM900k is the best I've used. The only flaw is shooting in dim light.

Newegg's Panasonic hdc-tm900k price is back to pre-Black Friday levels ($979)
It is still available for $699 at Amazon (via j&r)

$599 lightning deal on Amazon right now. 3 more hours to go.
http://www.amazon.com/Panasonic-HDC-TM900K-Compatible-Camcorder-Internal/dp/B004I43MJU
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1147923/?fwcs=ta499228

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014