• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
tembenite said:   3DMan said:   Ok dumb question I just ordered the Nook Color.(the refurb deal) Would any of these be compatible? I plan to root the device, but I don't have it yet.

If you root it you can install the Kindle app. With that app you can access all the books you "purchased" here.

Rooting is unnecesary:

Size-agnostic SD card Image

I have a dumb question: can I download the books to pc and then transfer to my Blackberry Playbook?...getting in a couple of days. Thanks.

You can if you have the free Kindle app from Amazon. They make it really easy to read your stuff. If you don't like the app, you can always go the way of Calibre. If you are not familiar with it, do a quick search. It allows you to convert any non-DRM books easily and upload them to any device.

Thanks OP!

shank said:   Toddler said:   Calibre makes it easy to download all these free Kindle books and put them on my Nook. Thanks guys, keep 'em coming!

Has not been my experience - Amazon adds some type of restriction on at least some of their Kindle books, requires their reader to access.

You need to find the older version of the Amazon Kindle for PC app and the Calibre plugin that automatically strips the DRM from Amazon MOBI files.

ryryfree said:   busnut said:   Can I read Kindle Books on a Nook? I just ordered a Nook Tablet for my wife for Christmas.

Nope, but you can read Nook books on a Kindle.

Not true, see my previous post. I sideload Kindle books on my kids' Nooks all the time. And no, their Nooks are not rooted or modified in any way.

No need to spark any theologicical or philosophical debates, but this is a fantastic book for anyone interested in the Christian faith. Not sure why it's free, but right now, it is:

R.C. Sproul - The Holiness of God

perfect vday gift for my gf

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014