• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Kohls Cash can now be combined with discounts!
The last time I was at Kohls and used my Kohls cash and our 20% off MVC coupon, they told me they now take apply the discounts to the entire order. They previously deducted the Kohls cash and applied the discount towards the previous order.

Example: $100 order - $50 Kohls cash with a 30% off coupon = $15 off before... now it's $30 off

lebronville / op / sd

Kohl's
Need a Kohl's coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Kohls
Thanks aaronfatwallet
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
you will pay $50 and will have $10 left on your KC.
You get no discount. Correct me if i am wrong experts.

itsme13 (Nov. 29, 2011 @ 9:45p) |

No correction needed.

aarzi (Nov. 29, 2011 @ 10:29p) |

You could get much more for your money if you did this:
1: convert KC to MC (buy a $60 item with your KC then return it w... (more)

uafgrad (Nov. 29, 2011 @ 10:40p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can anyone verify this? I don't want to take a bunch of KC to the store and find out this isn't true.

WishingOnAStar said:   Can anyone verify this? I don't want to take a bunch of KC to the store and find out this isn't true.

You could always call your local store and ask....

or place a mock order online when the cash goes live tonight/tomorrow and see if it changes. I hope this is true, I prefer online shopping but drag myself to the store to use my KC to not lose the $.

Nothing's officially changed despite OP's claim - "Kohl's Cash will be applied PRIOR to percent-off total purchase discounts."

I used a $5 email signup bonus on Friday and it rings up as Kohls Cash. It deducted that $5 first and then applied my 15% off coupon. Unless something has changed in the past 48 hours, I don't think so, but who knows?

LetsGoMets1 said:   I used a $5 email signup bonus on Friday and it rings up as Kohls Cash. It deducted that $5 first and then applied my 15% off coupon. Unless something has changed in the past 48 hours, I don't think so, but who knows?

Same here. I used one today and rang up like that.

Butcherboy said:   Kohls Cash can now be combined with discounts!
The last time I was at Kohls and used my Kohls cash and our 20% off MVC coupon, they told me they now take apply the discounts to the entire order. They previously deducted the Kohls cash and applied the discount towards the previous order.

Example: $100 order - $50 Kohls cash with a 30% off coupon = $15 off before... now it's $30 off

lebronville / op / sd

Hold on ! I thought we couldn't redeem the Kohls cash from this weekend until tomorrow ?

LetsGoMets1 said:   Butcherboy said:   Kohls Cash can now be combined with discounts!

lebronville / op / sd

Hold on ! I thought we couldn't redeem the Kohls cash from this weekend until tomorrow ?

True. Makes this post very suspicious. More people would have noticed I would think. But who knows, maybe everyone converted their KC to a MC first, and as such nobody knew.

Used a $10 coupon Monday, in store, w/ a 20% cpn. Price reduced the old way, not Butcherboy's way. Would be great if all Kohl's did adopt Mr. B's store's policy, though!

can he not use Kohls cash earned earlier....just saying!!

Local store says they apply KC BEFORE discounts.
Sorry OP - no luck !

Butcherboy said:   

lebronville / op / sd

Ok
Now everyones elses failures make sense
I didnt notice it is third hand info from my mothers brother sister at slichdeels

It's always like that. Based on my experience with Kohl's % OFF discount always applies to price/sub-total after application of all other coupons and in fact those $10 GC's, unless OP patched POS software over the weekend

gandhis said:   Local store says they apply KC BEFORE discounts.
Sorry OP - no luck !

Placing another order this morning......still same "old" way, not as reported in first post above.

Sorry for the stupid question. To start earning Kohl's Cash, do I need to sign up for it first and get a Kohl's Cash account number? I don't know why I can't figure this out on their website (customer service tells me to call back later due to high call activity). Thanks.

RJG said:   Sorry for the stupid question. To start earning Kohl's Cash, do I need to sign up for it first and get a Kohl's Cash account number? I don't know why I can't figure this out on their website (customer service tells me to call back later due to high call activity). Thanks.- You can earn KCash only during advertised periods. The last one ended yesterday, so no-go today.
- These promotions come around every 3-5 weeks, depending on the time of year. They are more frequent around this time. There will definitely be one in December, possibly two.
- Anyone can earn KCash. You don't have to sign up for anything.
- Sometimes, the KCash is in offered in conjunction with %off coupons or codes. Usually, to get the better discount, you need to use a K charge-card. The entire amount of your purchase does not have to be on that card.
- The KCash is earned on your total AFTER deducting coupons and discounts. It is given whenever you cross a threshold of multiples of $50, that is after you have spent $50 or $100 or $150, and so on. There is no theoretical limit.
- KCash is almost always $10 for every $50 spent. The $15/$50 recently was an exception.
- Spending $40 (or $90 or $147 etc.) is not good strategy. You need to add a little to your purchase to get to the next "level", even if you don't need the "extra". The "extra" can always be returned after the KCash period without incurring any penalty if you are willing to accept store-credit for the value. This store-credit never expires, and can be used by you or a friend, in-store or on-line.

If you still have more questions, ask away!

When you buy an item using Kohls cash a CC, what will happen if you return it with receipt?

https://cs.kohls.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/876/kw/876

Cyber20 and Kohl's Cash

When using a percent off promo code and Kohl's Cash with your Kohls.com order, the system will deduct the Kohl's Cash first and then apply your percent off promo code (Cyber20) to the new subtotal. The order you enter your Kohl's Cash and promo code does not have an impact on the order the system applies these discounts.

DirtCheap said:   When you buy an item using Kohls cash a CC, what will happen if you return it with receipt?If you return it during the promotion period, you will lose any KCash earned because of it.
If you return it after the period is over, you will have 2 choices:
- Deduct any earned KCash value, and take the rest in the original form of payment (CC in your case).
- Take a full refund on merchandise-credit, and not lose any KCash earned.

Thanks aarzi!

What if i have $60 KC.And 20%off coupon. and my total shopping is $50.
what will apply first?

you will pay $50 and will have $10 left on your KC.
You get no discount. Correct me if i am wrong experts.

upadhyesonali said:   What if i have $60 KC.And 20%off coupon. and my total shopping is $50.
what will apply first?

No correction needed.

upadhyesonali said:   What if i have $60 KC.And 20%off coupon. and my total shopping is $50.
what will apply first?

You could get much more for your money if you did this:
1: convert KC to MC (buy a $60 item with your KC then return it with receipt to get $60 MC. If you spent a little more, tell them you want the return all on a MC)
2: now choose an item that is $75.00 and apply 20% off coupon (total is now $60)
3: pay with your MC

You just converted your $60 KC to a $75 value.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2015