• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Best deal I have seen on one of these. Sub $50 and free ship.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Little-Bambino-Retro-2-5-Oz-Tabletop-Ket...

Member Summary

Little Bambino Retro 2.5 Oz Tabletop Kettle Popcorn Popper
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

These things work great. I have one like it and it works well. I use extra virgin coconut oil to pop and not only is it a healthy snack with that type of oil, but it has a great taste that everyone loves.

One thing to keep in mind is that this size machine only makes about 2 cups at a time.

Amazon has one that is a larger unit, but is about the same price. Says it makes up to 8 cups but reviews seem to indicate about half that.

Waring Pro WPM25

http://www.amazon.com/Waring-WPM25-Professional-Popcorn-Maker/dp...

That being said, I'm not sure this smaller option isn't the better choice for the wife as she is really the popcorn fan between the two of us.

I use peanut oil and it also has a great flavor. I'll try the coconut oil next.

suezyque said:   One thing to keep in mind is that this size machine only makes about 2 cups at a time.

"what you talkin bout Willis?" It says •Makes up to 1-gallon of popcorn per batch. I have one and with the 4 ounce pack, I believe that to be correct.

carpetcleaner said:   suezyque said:   One thing to keep in mind is that this size machine only makes about 2 cups at a time.

"what you talkin bout Willis?" It says •Makes up to 1-gallon of popcorn per batch. I have one and with the 4 ounce pack, I believe that to be correct.

Uh I beg to differ.. It's a 2.5 oz unit which makes very little per batch.

Wow... Amazon just dropped the price of the bigger unit to $49.95 shipped, by far the lowest I've ever seen on the unit!

ash =o)

I have a West Bend Stir Crazy popper http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00004RC6R/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=132259...
that's over 25 years old. It makes "up to" 6 qts.
Thinking about replacing it.
Any advantage to the one in this post over it?.

ohkeedohkee said:   I use peanut oil and it also has a great flavor. I'll try the coconut oil next.

Just make sure it's the extra virgin coconut oil. New research indicates it has beneficial health effects even though it is chock full of saturated fats. I have heard it recommended to spritz over your dogs food also. Not easy to find. It's solid at room temp, but easy to scoop.

I guess I have the Waring model. I use 2 cycles of 1/3 cup corn per cycle. 1 tbs. oil each time. I pop 2 times because I am a pig! Most may be able to get by with one popping cycle.

suezyque said:   carpetcleaner said:   suezyque said:   One thing to keep in mind is that this size machine only makes about 2 cups at a time.

Uh I beg to differ.. It's a 2.5 oz unit which makes very little per batch.

The Amazon one says it holds 1/3 cup, which is 2.66 oz.

And is says it makes 8 cups of popped popcorn, which is half a gallon. I think they must be pretty similar in size and popping capacity.

Almost identical machine at Menards on Black Friday. Very small machine and very cheaply built.

The Waring looks like a better machine for the money.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014