• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
What is the deal wrt car buying??? Is there any such thing by costco

Another tip for using Costco Travel is to test out with different times. I am renting for 5 days in Vegas and when i put in my drop off time as 7:30am it shows a price that's $30 cheaper than if i list drop off as 7am or 8am

Alamo Rent A Car: Save up to 25% and Receive a Free Weekend Day
and a free second-driver!

Thanks OP and Costco!

am i the only one who's been having trouble renting a car from Costco Travel? i can't seem to get anything below $157 for 3-5 days of travel

Just rented a small SUV out of NYC for 10 days for $245 using the costco site. This is a really good deal, especially considering the least expensive full size car was $550. I almost missed it, since I never get the more expensive SUV's. Make sure to scan down the page further when looking at your results!

Glad I found this! I just saved about $40 booking through Costco rather than direct through AMEX for a 7 day rental in Maui. Got a jeep compass/ford escape for $169 OTD! Awesome!

why it does not work for me?

Do you guys know if you have to have your Membership card with you during the rental? Thanks everyone

jbfx21 said:   Do you guys know if you have to have your Membership card with you during the rental? Thanks everyone
I booked via costcotravel and picked up the car at Phoenix airport and did not have to show any card etc.just my print out which had the reservation # and he just looked it up in the system and was good to go .

seekfox said:   why it does not work for me?

Because you're retarded.

Just used the COSTCO site to get a better price then I could bidding last minute on Priceline (i.e., ended up with a COSTCO price less than a failed Priceline bid . As I was flying into my destination, I checked the pricing again through COSTCO and found a new option that was $30 less (on a weekly rental). So, be sure to check back through COSTCO to see if the prices drop!

Will the AMEX Car rental protection be invalid if I book through Costco versus directly with the rental company?

Wow...I get $65 for a 3 day rental in Fairbanks. Thanks OP.

3 days for <$40 at OMA. Saved $2-3 over direct at enterprise.com

$24 rental. $16 tax. Yay for big government!!!

If booking Budget through Costco travel, call and ask to apply MUGZ029 for $30 off a five day rental. Make sure it applies to your rental location and it will be applied to your final invoice when you return the car at the budget location.

coupon is already applied online

"For reservations made on Costco.com, dollars off will be applied at time of reservation. For reservations made by phone, dollars off will be applied at the completion of rental"

Just wanted to say that I've used the CostCo rental about 5 times since I first saw this post. This is now the only reason I keep my CostCo membership (moved away from our local CostCo).

I know u probably keep Costco card out at pick-up. But if u didn't, would u be asked for one?

I always rent my cars at Costco and sometimes you need to print the ad to present when renting. I do not recall having to show my card but it's worth the membership fee not to be stuck at the rental place if they do ask for it. You get two cards per membership. There's always the option of splitting it with someone to save some cash.

I have used Costco with Enterprise many times and always got the best deal. (No one ever asked me for my card, but be sure to take your receipt. Sometimes they do not accurately reflect the discount, though when you mention it they have always given me an even better deal! I love Enterprise!)

But I have noticed that lately since Enterprise instituted their rewards program, I have often received better deals with the emails they send.

Blessings...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014