• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Home Depot
Need a Home Depot coupon that earns 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Lowe's
Need a Lowe's coupon that earns 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary
Most Recent Posts
yes, that's what I used to do (edited). you must do it in store at customer service.

edit:
I just tried and noticed terms... (more)

psxzombie (Jan. 20, 2012 @ 3:23p) |

I was looking at ABC gift cards.com. Their current promotion is additional 3% discount to the discounted gift card if pu... (more)

shopper711 (Jan. 20, 2012 @ 10:35p) |

Usually you get refunded in the same form as the purchase so you'd get another gift certificate.

money2011 (Jan. 21, 2012 @ 4:45p) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

is this site ligit?

sshavo said:   is this site ligit?

Yes.

Bought over $1000 in Home Depot gift cards two weeks ago to pay for some blinds I had ordered. I was worried when I placed the order, but was able to confirm values of 4 of the 5 cards right when I got them. The 5th one checked out as well when I made the purchase. Saved $200 when I stacked it on top of a coupon I had as well!

Same here, bought a bunch of cards when Mistercheap posted them a few weeks ago. 2 of the 3 cards have been used already with no problems.

cardpool.com also has HD at 9.2% and has some egiftcards available. less than 24 hours email delivery and that included a personal call to verify that i purchased the GC.

good service. cant speak for giftcardrescue.

what happens if someone sold the giftcard, gets the cash from GiftCardRescue.com and you buy that card, and the original seller goes online and buys stuff uisng the same giftcard number (he would know the number and pin)?

lsekar said:   what happens if someone sold the giftcard, gets the cash from GiftCardRescue.com and you buy that card, and the original seller goes online and buys stuff uisng the same giftcard number (he would know the number and pin)?

then u contact giftcardrescue and they will charge the seller that originally sold them the card. I sold a gift card through cardpool and they asked for my credit card info and say they will only charge my credit card if that balance goes down.

lsekar said:   what happens if someone sold the giftcard, gets the cash from GiftCardRescue.com and you buy that card, and the original seller goes online and buys stuff uisng the same giftcard number (he would know the number and pin)?

This might not be much of a problem if you buy a gift card with a low balance, but in my case I need to spend $3000.00 at Lowes or Home Depot. If you have problems with gift cards that have high balances I doubt any of these gift card resellers would come to your rescue.

i haven't encountered any problems myself, but i usually buy the $25 cards
i have purchased cards and store credits from giftcardrescue, abcgiftcards and eBay

giftcardrescue appeared on ABC show Shark Tank

if you sign-up for e-mails thru abcgiftcards, they will send you a coupon for an additional 2+% off certain merchants
--this week's code is save6 for extra 6% off JC Penney, childrens place, Ann Taylor and Michaels thru 1/19

PlasticJungle and giftcard granny are other sites recommended by All You magazine

just a correction (thx slackerace)

the TJ MAXX gift cards are also GOOD AT MARSHALLS AND HOME GOODS

(not Ross as originally posted, my error, sorry for any incon.)

Lowes/HD and Kohls are out of stock.

Just ordered a Dave and Busters for 15% off -- green!

Sorry, we don't have any TJ Maxx cards in stock.

JJordan said:   Lowes/HD and Kohls are out of stock.

They must have reloaded recently

i just saw plenty of HD cards, but they were all $190-250 range

freakinout said:   JJordan said:   Lowes/HD and Kohls are out of stock.

They must have reloaded recently

i just saw plenty of HD cards, but they were all $190-250 range

just be aware, the % discounts do fluctuate from day to day. This deal was posted yesterday, the 9.2% off can change at any time.

Thanks!!

Thanks!!

I'm new to the gift card world--Can I order the card the use it online for the store (kind of like a promo code) so I can still get my FatWallet CashBack? I'm guessing maybe it varies from store to store?

I couldn't use a Staples giftcard online. It probably does vary.

I just received a Home Depot card I purchased through this website after seeing this promotion. It was a pretty standard store credit card–the sort Home Depot gives out when a customer returns products without a receipt. I just used it to make a purchase, no problems.

That said, because this website allows you to purchase cards sold by other people, there is always the possibility that you can purchase a card the other party acquired through some sort of fraudulent or illegal means. For example, I know of a case where employees of one major business figured out how to process fraudulent 'returns' on customer purchases to give themselves high-value gift cards. The company found out, terminated the employees they could identify, and invalidated most of the gift cards involved. There is probably some possibility that such circumstances could impact a customer who ordered a product on this website.

I love the idea of saving money through this website, but I'll make sure I use my gift cards not long after receiving them, and I'll be buying them with my American Express so if something goes wrong I know I'll be able to get my money back.

Green for OP.

LovesABargain said:   I couldn't use a Staples giftcard online. It probably does vary.

Staples does not accept GC online.

twitchyotter said:   I'm new to the gift card world--Can I order the card the use it online for the store (kind of like a promo code) so I can still get my FatWallet CashBack? I'm guessing maybe it varies from store to store?

yes (with some rare exceptions), you still get Cash Back if you pay with a gift card online.

Does anybody know if I can use this Kohls' giftcard to pay for my Kohl's credit balance ?

newintechno said:   Does anybody know if I can use this Kohls' giftcard to pay for my Kohl's credit balance ?

no you can't

newintechno said:   Does anybody know if I can use this Kohls' giftcard to pay for my Kohl's credit balance ?yes, that's what I used to do (edited). you must do it in store at customer service.

edit:
I just tried and noticed terms have changed on the giftcards. You can no longer use GCs to pay the bill. Mr. C was right ...

I was looking at ABC gift cards.com. Their current promotion is additional 3% discount to the discounted gift card if purchased in bulk. Their terms are minimum 1K purchase with ACH payment. I was looking at airline gift card and was thinking if I purchase refundable plane ticket with gift card, would I get a check for refund?

shopper711 said:   I was looking at ABC gift cards.com. Their current promotion is additional 3% discount to the discounted gift card if purchased in bulk. Their terms are minimum 1K purchase with ACH payment. I was looking at airline gift card and was thinking if I purchase refundable plane ticket with gift card, would I get a check for refund?

Usually you get refunded in the same form as the purchase so you'd get another gift certificate.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014