• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
1. Go to Peapod.com
2. Sign up. (you have to be a "first time" shopper).
3. Order usps forever stamps. (I ordered 7 booklets - total $61.60).
4. Enter promo code "TV".
5. In the delivery time options page - you may be able to get further stackable discounts for certain delivery times. I got $6 discount due to this.
6. If you are willing to sign up for their "e-check" payment - you will get another $5 discount.

I ordered $61.60 stamps for around $46 delivered.

<edited to add>
Only available in Chicagoland, Milwaukee, S.E. Wisconsin, Madison, Indianapolis Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Southern New Hampshire Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC Philadelphia, S.E. Pennsylvania

Thanks respdoc.

The credit for this go to
1. A current SD thread alerting me of the "$20 off first order offer".
2. A fatwallet thread from a couple of years ago which had originally mentioned the postage stamp deal at Peapod.

Member Summary

Delivery Area
Thanks wakemaker
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Couldn't sign up as a new customer, they say there's no service in Vegas.

monkeypee (Jan. 19, 2012 @ 1:33p) |

Was schedule for a delivery tomorrow and just got email saying.Its cancelled wtf...did anybody received it??

ecosaturn (Jan. 31, 2012 @ 11:29a) |

Dammit, so the 4 $0.44 stamps I have left are useless unless I buy a set of $0.01 stamps? Great. I tried checking the co... (more)

bytem3 (Jan. 31, 2012 @ 2:35p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sounds like a sweet deal. Unfortunately for me:
Peapod said: We're sorry, the Peapod grocery delivery service has not yet reached your area. Please enter your e-mail address so we may contact you when service is available in your area.

Thank You.. I got 7 booklets for 50.53

You need to add key info to your post, OP:

only in:

Chicagoland, Milwaukee, S.E. Wisconsin, Madison, Indianapolis Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Southern New Hampshire Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC Philadelphia, S.E. Pennsylvania

Thanks!!

Nothing happen in Oregon?

got 7 for 49.53 NJ, thanks. comes out to 35 cents/stamp

respdoc said:   You need to add key info to your post, OP:

only in:

Chicagoland, Milwaukee, S.E. Wisconsin, Madison, Indianapolis Connecticut, Massachusetts, Rhode Island, New York, New Jersey, Southern New Hampshire Maryland, Virginia, Washington, DC Philadelphia, S.E. Pennsylvania

For those in included states, is the deal in addition to the $10 CashBack http://www.fatwallet.com/Peapod-coupons/ from FW ?

I got me 7 book's and i'am in Chicagoland and i used the 20 dollar off coupon and i did get the 10 dollar FatWallet CashBack
hope that helps

I ordered 7 books, plus some groceries that were on sale. If you get $75, the delivery fee is actually cheaper. I couldn't get the $5 discount to work with paying by Direct Check though. It kept only taking off $1 instead of $5, so I said screw it and used my c/c. Better protection that way. Plus I saved another $1 by selecting a delivery window that offered a discount. I could have had a $2 discount in a different time. But you damn well better make sure you're home for the delivery, or there is a $15 redelivery fee, or a $50 delivery cancelation fee.

EDIT: I decided to change my delivery to Unattended, since I didn't want to chance any fees. I lost the $1 discount, but suddenly the $5 paid by check discount appeared, even though I was still paying by credit card! So for $51.24 (after $10 back from FW), I got 7 books of stamps, and 6 boxes of Cap'n Crunch!

They should list it as "Washington DC" and not as "Washington, DC" as it is NOT available in Washington State.
Not the fault of the OP since it was listed the first way in Peapod's own info and webpage.

Just a FYI for anyone else that may try it from Washington...the state....

Did you pay a delivery fee? I was charged 9.95 plua a fuel surcharge. I'm considering cancelling since the $20 discount only works out to about $10.00. If you bought only stamps would Peapod not charge a delivery fee?

deneeese said:   Did you pay a delivery fee? I was charged 9.95 plua a fuel surcharge. I'm considering cancelling since the $20 discount only works out to about $10.00. If you bought only stamps would Peapod not charge a delivery fee?

$10 discount on $61.60 stamps is 16% discount. And this "discount" (i.e. "return") is inflation protected since these are forever stamps.

I think 16% inflation protected return is good in any kind of "investment".

I personally was lucky to have a "delivery window" discount of $5. That made my net discount to $15 (i.e. closer to 25%).

deneeese said:   Did you pay a delivery fee? I was charged 9.95 plua a fuel surcharge. I'm considering cancelling since the $20 discount only works out to about $10.00. If you bought only stamps would Peapod not charge a delivery fee?

The fee for delivery is:

For orders over $100.00 the delivery fee is $6.95.

For orders less than $100.00 the delivery fee is $9.95

And fuel surcharge would vary everyday..

kenbenobi said:   I ordered 7 books, plus some groceries that were on sale. If you get $75, the delivery fee is actually cheaper. I couldn't get the $5 discount to work with paying by Direct Check though. It kept only taking off $1 instead of $5, so I said screw it and used my c/c. Better protection that way. Plus I saved another $1 by selecting a delivery window that offered a discount. I could have had a $2 discount in a different time. But you damn well better make sure you're home for the delivery, or there is a $15 redelivery fee, or a $50 delivery cancelation fee.

EDIT: I decided to change my delivery to Unattended, since I didn't want to chance any fees. I lost the $1 discount, but suddenly the $5 paid by check discount appeared, even though I was still paying by credit card! So for $51.24 (after $10 back from FW), I got 7 books of stamps, and 6 boxes of Cap'n Crunch!

Just a heads up on review page if you select pay by check it would show $1,however once the order is placed on the confirmation page you can click return to shopping and then if you review your order it will show $5 direct check discount + $1 direct check...

Green for op..final bill

Subtotal: $61.60
Delivery Fee: $9.95
Fuel Surcharge: $0.98
Delivery Discount: -$2.00
Tax: $0.00
$20 off first order!: -$20.00
PDC Sign Up Bonus $5: -$5.00
Peapod Direct Check: -$1.00
Total: $44.53

YOU SAVED $28.00

puddonhead said:   The credit for this go to
1. A current SD thread alerting me of the "$20 off first order offer".
2. A fatwallet thread from a couple of years ago which had originally mentioned the postage stamp deal at Peapod.
LMAO, that deal was 10 years ago.

kenbenobi said:   I ordered 7 books, plus some groceries that were on sale. If you get $75, the delivery fee is actually cheaper. I couldn't get the $5 discount to work with paying by Direct Check though. It kept only taking off $1 instead of $5, so I said screw it and used my c/c. Better protection that way. Plus I saved another $1 by selecting a delivery window that offered a discount. I could have had a $2 discount in a different time. But you damn well better make sure you're home for the delivery, or there is a $15 redelivery fee, or a $50 delivery cancelation fee.

How do you change the delivery to Unattended? I did not see the option.

Great deal if you can use it.

My order was just cancelled... anyone elses get cancelled too?

another site mentions that when you receive a Peapod delivery, it comes in some plastic bins. If they do not receive those plastic bins back on the next Peapod delivery, they will charge $5. I guess the unanswered question is, what happens if you never order again, or can we just take the bins to our local stop&shop grocery store.
source

I also cannot find this "unattended" option in spite of scouring over the pages and account settings multiple times over.

lesliejs said:   another site mentions that when you receive a Peapod delivery, it comes in some plastic bins. If they do not receive those plastic bins back on the next Peapod delivery, they will charge $5. I guess the unanswered question is, what happens if you never order again, or can we just take the bins to our local stop&shop grocery store.
source

I also cannot find this "unattended" option in spite of scouring over the pages and account settings multiple times over.

About taking it back to stop n shop i had a word with associate who said its completely two different companies,hence you cannot return anything to stopnshop. If something is wrong with the order withing 30 days you can return it after scheduling the pick up

Please note Mod Comment in OP concerning deal

My order was cancelled as well

FYI, if you use a lot of stamps (i.e. for packages, not just letters) one can usually find lots on Eb-ay for 80-90% of face dlvd buy it now.
I don't bother with auctions usually because they end up going for that % anyway, unless the seller is right in my area.
Search the word "face" in us postage with a minimum price of least $50. Make sure they are sorted and have full gum or are new booklets.
Mixed lots including low denominations go for around 80%; higher denominations (like $1 and up) or forever stamps cost around 90%,and they are easy to keep track of.
It's basically free money. If you spend more than $500 a year on postage it makes sense.

Order cancelled as well.
++++++++++++++++++++++
Please be advised your order submitted for 1/19/12 has been cancelled due to promotional code item restrictions. The promotional code offer used on this order is intended for the purchase of grocery items only. As with all of our promotions, certain restrictions apply. Stamps and alcohol are items included in product restrictions and are excluded from any promotional code offer and or discounts. Peapod reserves the right to limit quantities in orders to prevent misuse or abuse of promotional offers. We apologize we are unable to fulfill this order. Thank you. If you have any other concerns or questions, please feel free to call us at 1-800-573-2763 (or 1-800-5-Peapod).

Just as an aside...the next Postal rate change is this Sunday 1/22 when first class postage [stamps] goes to 45 cents.
Check the USPS website for other increases, or 'highlights' as they call them.

No HDMI.

Couldn't sign up as a new customer, they say there's no service in Vegas.

Was schedule for a delivery tomorrow and just got email saying.Its cancelled wtf...did anybody received it??

forthill said:   Just as an aside...the next Postal rate change is this Sunday 1/22 when first class postage [stamps] goes to 45 cents.
Check the USPS website for other increases, or 'highlights' as they call them.

Dammit, so the 4 $0.44 stamps I have left are useless unless I buy a set of $0.01 stamps? Great. I tried checking the cost of S&H on those stamps on usps.com (not that they sell packs of 4 $0.01 stamps :/), but it says I have to create a complete account to see that. When I went to a PO to drop off a letter about a week and a half ago (I needed to make sure it was stamped with that date), I thought the guy behind the counter was joking when he said that I was lucky I made it that day because the rate was going up the next day :s. I guess it's a good thing I found out before I mailed out a form out to the bank with a $0.44 stamp.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014