• Text Only
I was able to get the 5 month for $25 deal extended for a further 5 months today.

Told them that I wanted to cancel cause the renewal rate was too high for my use of the service. Was initially offered the 12 months for $86 half-price deal. Countered that I would continue service on same terms as current promotion I'm on at 5 months for $25 which they happily accepted with their $2 royalty fee tacked on. All done in like 3 minutes.

My subscription is due to expire this week. The best they were willing to do was 6 months for $47.35 which didn't include online listening or the NASCAR channel. I'm letting it expire.

billrubin said:   Has anyone been able to get this deal on a radio that is not currently subscribed? I keep meaning to call to get the service (I had a 3 month trial when they replaced my car radio) but never have.

I was able to get what seems to be a "retention rate" for a year when I started a brand new account with a new radio in December. I might have tried for this deal, but they were doing their slight price increase in Jan. and I was worried they would also nix the current list of promos with the start of 2012. I just did what others have said. Called retentions, explained I needed to setup an account (Oops, guess I used the wrong number...was no problem with my particular American CSR) and then pointed out that some friends of mine have subscribed for the discounted rate and would like that for myself. My guy put up zero fight, confirmed the rate existed and ran down the charges.

Just called 866-568-0364 and got premier 6 months for 37.44 all in. Thx OP

I got a free year with my new car, but had the most horrendous experience trying to cancel that I promised myself never to sign up again. I was on the call for almost an hour, and the CSR offered me a free 3-month extension but I told him NO. I have no desire to waste an hour of my life every few months just to ensure I don't get auto-billed by a company that uses such underhanded tactics. Had they made it easier to cancel, I probably would have renewed, but after that phone call no way.

My 1-year free trial is up May 1st, so I called the number here:

http://www.siriusxm.com/listen3

1-866-568-0364

i didn't even have to threaten to cancel. The guy (really nice, by the way) asked for my radio ID, then went right right into "you can renew for 6 months for $24.99" and i just went along with it.

5 minutes, tops. Seriously.

I was already on a promotional 6 month rate and was up for renewal this week. The rep was all set to give me the $24.99 6 month price until she noticed I already was on that promotional rate. Ended up paying $51 for 6 months, tax and fees included. I did have to say I wanted to cancel.

I didn't have the same luck. I spent 45 minutes on the phone, on two different calls trying to get either the 6 months for $24.99 or $70/year that I used to get. I wasn't able to get either, but got a '1 year, half off' promotion for $86/year. I didn't feel like being passed to someone else, so I took that promotion.

Just got an email from them because my 4 month trial expires in a few days. The email offers me 6 months for $4.99 per month ($29.94). Not sure if I should take it or try and get it down to $24.99 haha. The email said to call 1-877-646-0418...

Just renewed mine today they sent me a renewal notice for $159.39, no thank you! I told them I saw a promotion online for 6 months for 24.99, they gave it to me, with tax it was $26 something!

I ended up renewing mine for the $29.94 offer they sent me... seemed reasonable enough and didn't feel like fighting them for $24.99. I used a virtual credit card number that I generated with my Citi card so they can't keep charging me when I decide to cancel.

My subscription ended. Called to cancel - was offered the 6 month deal - or half off year at $86. I didn't want to bother with renewing a few times a year. Mentioned I was suprised the year was more $ per month - and I would rather do a year than have only a short deal. She 'looked around' for a deal - ended up doing a service credit that got it to $68.72 for a year. (total - tax and fees included) Still more per month - but I like not doing this for another year.... Wish they would just pick a $ per month and make it resonable. (ie - $5 per month) You would think they would get more subscribers..

I just renewed for the "Premiere package" for 6 months at $24.99 + some music royalty fee which brought my total to $27.44.

I was previously on a 1 year offer which expired on Apr 20th. They auto-renewed me at a rate of $209.41 which I refused during my call (I told the rep I wanted to cancel). The phone rep then asked me what they needed to do to keep me as a subscriber and I mentioned the 6mo/$24.99 deal. She honored that promo and waived the auto-renewal (including comping the service from Apr 20-May 11).

So my $27.44 package clock started today May 11th.

I still don't understand why people chase these deals. I got two lifetime subs many years ago and have been listening free ever since.

Just seems like a hassle, IMO. It's well worth the upfront cost.

um, maybe cause Sirius doesn't offer lifetime subscriptions anymore?

Got the same deal today. Called the 1-877-646-0418 and they offered it right off the bat (in the past I had to complain about the price and threaten to cancel, get transferred to retention depart and then they'd offer me the cheap price.

I got a promotional flyer in the mail for 24.99 for 6 months, did I just went to the website to re-enable my 6 month lapsed account.

expired said:   I got a promotional flyer in the mail for 24.99 for 6 months, did I just went to the website to re-enable my 6 month lapsed account.

Did you have to put in a promo code?
How were you able to do this online?

buwhite said:   um, maybe cause Sirius doesn't offer lifetime subscriptions anymore?
Oh. Didn't realize that. Glad I have two!

Hi all I frequently receive the 6 months for $25 offer in the mail but it's says it's for my existing radio. I got rid of my old radio away a long time ago, if I call up will they give me this offer for the iPhone app? Thanks!

There is no Howard Stern for any of these deals.

knyventura said:   There is no Howard Stern for any of these deals.

You say that like its a bad thng?

Each to their own i guess, never have understood why he's popular.

I called and got 1 year for a total of 100.80. Something like $82 and then some extra fees. I told them I didn't want to keep calling every 6 months so she offered a year.

After getting sent to the third person and giving all the same information, I finally got the 5 months for $25.00 today. Watch the dates of service. They get you good on that. My bill said it was for 3 months, but was 2 or 3 weeks short of that. I am sure they think you won't notice. Made the man on the phone fix that! He had no excuse for it.

shopaholik said:   After getting sent to the third person and giving all the same information, I finally got the 5 months for $25.00 today. Watch the dates of service. They get you good on that. My bill said it was for 3 months, but was 2 or 3 weeks short of that. I am sure they think you won't notice. Made the man on the phone fix that! He had no excuse for it.

Thanks for bringing that up.

The last time I canceled, I thought I had 2 weeks left, but according to them there was only 1 day left.

Will need to see all my statements and see how the time frame was coded and when the start and end dates where.

shopaholik said:   After getting sent to the third person and giving all the same information, I finally got the 5 months for $25.00 today. Watch the dates of service. They get you good on that. My bill said it was for 3 months, but was 2 or 3 weeks short of that. I am sure they think you won't notice. Made the man on the phone fix that! He had no excuse for it.

I'd say let them do it. Then call the Customer Advocacy number and raise holy hell about it (nicely). I actually managed to get a year of free Internet/iPhone service out of them as a result, which is next to impossible.

So, I just landed a deal getting the following for $60 flat:

1. XM Select Package
2. Nav Traffic
3. Nav Weather

That is only $10 per month for all of the above!!!

Livid!

Called to check on status of account as no invoices etc re: account- my own reminder was about Bastille Day.

They tell me they are set to RENEW automatically but only send the INVOICE 7-10 business days AFTER that renewal.
So they can renew at any rate they choose!

I'm really pissed that they have these stupid promos at 2x the usual volume kicking in between program.s

drtrouble said:   Livid!

Called to check on status of account as no invoices etc re: account- my own reminder was about Bastille Day.

They tell me they are set to RENEW automatically but only send the INVOICE 7-10 business days AFTER that renewal.
So they can renew at any rate they choose!

I'm really pissed that they have these stupid promos at 2x the usual volume kicking in between program.s

Same here. I decided to bite the bullet and pay the $2 "service charge" so that they wouldn't auto-renew without me knowing the price. Forgot about the date, and two weeks later I receive an invoice for $400+ (about 2 years ago) for one year of service on regular XM (no extras, just the standard music and talk). I had to pay the pro-rated portion ($1+ per day) and changed to a promo they offered then.

I've never had a problem with my credit card number being on file, and they've had it for years (at least 6 or 7). On the rare occassion when I've forgotten and they've renewed me at full-rate, I've just had to call, and they've reversed the charge for me right away, and given me the $20 or $25 deal for 5 or 6 months. Don't count on them to keep track of your promotional period for you - and tell you when it's ending. You do have to mark it in the calendar yourself or you will be charged when the time period is over. I've NEVER received an invoice from them. Or anything else indicating my promotional period is ending. I look at it this way: This is the little bit of inconvenience I have to agree to in order to get this low price. I figure that it's worth it.

About 2 weeks ago I sold my old car which had my XM radio in it, and bought a new car, which also has an XM radio in it. So I called them today to cancel service to the old radio (just had a week or 2 of subscription left on it, but I wanted to be sure the old radio was removed from my account). The gentleman I spoke to was based in the US and right away he offered to cancel the service to the old radio, transfer the remaining time left on the old radio's subscription to my new car's radio (which presently has a free 3-month trial on it), plus he gave me another 6 months of service to the new radio for $25 plus taxes/fees ($27.44 total). So now my new car's XM subscription is good till mid-April of next year. And they won't charge my card until the free 3-month promotional period for my new car is over. I didn't even have to ask.

This is the phone number I called: 1-866-568-0364. Since I wasn't transferred and was offered the deal immediately, I suspect it's a direct line to the retentions department rather than to the sales department.

IMO it's a good idea to set up your account so you can look up the status online through their website. You might have to call customer service to have them set this up for you (they won't charge you anything to do so). I would never renew my service on their website (they only offer the regular high-priced retail prices), but it is nice to be able to look up when your current deal is expiring and the amounts you've previously paid for your service.

I just renewed my 6 for $25 by calling 866-568-0364 on my two non-lifetime radios with no issues. I just asked to renew my rate and they gave me no hassles at all.

I only use the XM traffic information in the past few years. Previously, traffic was $10 if I only subscribe it by itself, and $4 if also subscribe the radio service. So every year, I had to call them to renew my $76 promotion and then add $4 a month for traffic. When I called today, they said I can start getting traffic only without radio for only $4 if I pay for the full year. So yay, I will be paying only $48 for a year now instead of $124. And I don't need to keep calling them every year from now on.

I just called the 1-866-568-0364 and stated I wanted to cancel, got transferred to 1-866-539-7474. Was offered $103.81/year. Told her that was still to high and she finally gave me $26.97/5 months...

bons said:   I just called the 1-866-568-0364 and stated I wanted to cancel, got transferred to 1-866-539-7474. Was offered $103.81/year. Told her that was still to high and she finally gave me $26.97/5 months...

Your 2nd no. Is for Dish Network. Did you mean 1-866-523-7474?

I received a renewal notice for $189. I called an requested the account be canceled. I was offered a reduced rate of $115.61 for 12 months. I accepted it, later called back and asked about the 6 month promo for 25 was convinced I have a better rate considering what the renewal charge will be after 6 months. Was I just duped? Text

I see people worried about the auto renew and just wanted to share that you can get it taken off if you push. I told the CSR I didn't want to leave a card on file and apparently he needed a mgr override or something to do it, bit did do it.

I am disgusted with them. I asked to renew at a low rate and was told that because I had a previous offer, I was not eligible for a better rate than the full price of $86.94 for 6 months. When I said I wasn't willing to pay that, I was given a lower price (still too high for my radio usage). Then another price was given. After 4 different prices I was pretty aggravated so I've just cancelled the whole thing. I will probably get a letter before too long with a cost I can agree on. I'll check out books on CD at the library until then.

SirriusXM great stations lousy corporate policy. Got hit by the "auto renewal" con. Thought I had it straightened out but got another bill. Will pay it but these policies drive me nuts. Gain a loyal customer or ex-customer by handling things correctly or lose 10, 20, or 100's, given the Internet, by screwing over the one customer.

Called the number, asked if they are running any promotions, and they gave me the plan right away.

Am I the only one who uses virtual account numbers with Sirius? I had one year where they auto-renewed me due to my oversight on the date. At the time I had my normal full credit card number on file with them, but that card had expired and I got a new one in the mail. I saw the Sirius renew date coming up but was busy with other things and figured they'd have to call me because the old card was expired. Nope, it renewed on that card. So I called and they told me that "as a service to customers they go ahead and submit the renewal anyway" and mine went through. So I called Citi and the rep confirmed that yes they will typically approve charges if it is for an auto-renewing item and the only problem is the expiration date. That answer was dissatisfying to me, to say the least. And yes I was able to get Sirius to reverse out the charge and apply a promotion instead. But I decided that I didn't want the possibility of auto-renewal at full price again but I'm certainly not paying extra money for the privilege of writing a check, so each year I set up a new virtual credit card number with a low available credit and an expiration date a few months out from when I renew. And voila! now I get set up on the promotions as an auto-renew customer but I never actually get auto-renewed. Works like a charm.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014