• Text Only
I called yesterday and got the 6 months for $25 deal. Called 866-302-7474

I also argued with the auto renew until she did a "future cancellation" on the date the six months run out.

Called 866-568-0364 - they tried to sell me 1 year with internet for $131, then 6 months for half of that. I settled for the 5 months for $25 with an additional $21 for the internet. With the On Demand Feature, you have to have the internet version. The app is really good!!

You have to call back before they hit you with the charge. Put in a calendar reminder.

I called to "cancel." after getting the 1 year at ~90, the guy told me that it'd renew in a year for the full rate and to go ahead and call back at that time to "cancel" again.

For some reason I haven't been able to get the 6/$25 that people have been getting. They always offered me 5/$25 though.

Just re-upped again until July 1st for another 5/$25. I guess it's better than nothing.

I specifically asked for the 5/$25 rate and was told that it was unavailable for my account. They seem to have separate sets of rules for different kinds of accounts. In any case, I convinced them to give me the same rate I had the previous year of $86 plus fees. It was necessary to ask for someone with whom I could cancel my account before I could even get that. The original customer service person refused to budge a dime from the outrageous renewal price quoted online. Apparently Sirius, like so many other companies, will only respond to threats of cancellation.

Called today, listend to the pitch, said it was too expensive, asked explicitly for 6/$25, CS asked if I received a mailer with this rate, I said yes, $28.11 out the door for 6 months. Thanks OP.

I just got 1 year deal spcl right now for $86 per radio.

I'm good with that

SPoke with some customer service drone and rec'd the $86 for 1 year. Now, I just have to remember to call back in a year to threaten to cancel. I don't much care for their game.

I was able to extend my previous 6 month for $25 that was going to expire this week. I spoke with the drone and she said "no" I was transferred to the cancellation department and was offered 6 month for $25. My total was 27.22 with my 0.89 credit.

Baba booey and okwa-tanzinwan

Good luck all.

Thanks for reminding me of the free preview and great renewal rate. Dealer never setup our 2008 car, I just never tried to activate after the original trial subscription. For $4/month, its worth it.

In for 5 more months on all three radios.

called yesterday, person was american, got the $86 for a year immediately whole call took under 10 minutes. didnt bother negotiating since summer is busy for me and now i know every year around valentines day to call to renew.

Called in to today to cancel my service. Was originally offered a year for $86 + Taxes and fees would bring it up to the $102 range. Then offered $43 for 6 months. She said my 6 Months for $30 was a once time deal but finally offered the 5 months for $25.00. I'll need to mark my calendar for 5 months from today to remember to call back again.

Sounds like some good deals (6/$25, etc). How's the channel lineup? IE do you get KIIS FM, WSIX FM, and the like?

5 months/26.77 out the door. Would not extend my 6 months/25 even after going to retention department. Ok with the 5 months.

goto http://www.siriusxm.com/listen3

then get the 6mo for 25$

mark your calendar.. cancel before autorenew.

Renewed 2/13 for $25. Credit card billed for $119. I have talked to three reps and currently on hold.

Update: $90 credit to be processed in 1 to 2 weeks. Check your credit cards.

jcplay said:   Sounds like some good deals (6/$25, etc). How's the channel lineup? IE do you get KIIS FM, WSIX FM, and the like?

http://www.siriusxm.com/channellineup

I already have a XM account with my Buick that is already on a 5/$25 plan; just got a Chrysler with a Sirius Radio; instead of paying on my current account $9.99/month, I would like to get the current 5/$25 deal after the preview. My question is that since I already have an active account in MY name would they give me this second radio on promotion? Or should I do it in my wife's name as separate? It's easier if it is on one though. What are your thought and experience as how I should approach this...

Dang, missed out. I was on the phone with them as I saw this post. Was on the 5/$25 plan and they wouldn't let me do that again. I took a year at $86 with a $10 credit. Would rather have taken the 6/$25 plan.

Foo, I just realized that I missed the renewal date for this by about 3 weeks. Has anybody had any luck getting a drop in price after they've already charged your card for the full price renewal?

Missed it also, just took the 86.00 for one year.

Yes. I would definitely call. Said I wanted to cancel and get a refund. They offered me the 5/$25 deal that time.

rocklobster said:   Foo, I just realized that I missed the renewal date for this by about 3 weeks. Has anybody had any luck getting a drop in price after they've already charged your card for the full price renewal?

Called: 888-635-5142, confirmed phone #, then said "Cancel"
Was transfered to "Listener Care Dept"
Reached CS Rep, who immediately asked if I was going to cancel if I couldn't find a cheap enough rate (to which I replied "Yes").
A very helpful guy, spoke English as well.

Offered:
1) 5 mos $29.08 ($6/mo)
2) "3-for-1": 3 mos $16 ($5/mo)
3) 1 year: $102.08 ($8/mo)

Signed up for the "3-for-one", total $16.53, renews May 25.
Note that I called about 45 days b/f my current subscription was to expire, so I actually lost 5 days on my old rate (about $1 worth).

Easy-peasy.
A breather until may, when I do this all over again.

My 6-month for $25+fees was expiring and I called tonight to cancel. They offered the bad 1 year and 6 month deals, followed by 5mo/$25+fees. I took it this time. They usually don't offer this to me and I normally have to cancel, then wait 1-2 weeks before they send the "we want you back" email for 6mo/$25+fees. I'll take one month less to keep my radio on.

randi4ni said:   goto http://www.siriusxm.com/listen3

then get the 6mo for 25$

mark your calendar.. cancel before autorenew.

Keep in mind that your link is for "XM Select". If you want, for example, Howard Stern, you won't get it through this deal. Need to haggle for the 6mo/$25 with retentions...

Thos.

I got the six month deal, seven months ago. They assured me that I wouldnt be automatically renewed after speaking to a supervisor. Fast forward to a couple of days ago, and my radio service cuts off. I call them up and they say I have about a $30 balance from auto renew. After about 15 minutes of transfers and complaining, they finally said they would renew me at 5 for 25, in addition to the $30 I supposedly already owed. At the end I just told them to cancel it (I was serious) and do whatever they wanted with the "balance" since id just dispute it anyway. Lots of typing noises later, and they agreed to waive the "balance" and renew me at 5 for 25.

These guys are shady.

If it helps anyone.

I just happened to see that my invoice was to be mailed tomorrow so I called in to cancel and they first offered ~$45 for 6 months I declined then they went straight to 5 for $25 saying they could not do the 6 for $25 as I had it last time so I took it. All in it was $27.40 for 5 months and I paid with a prepaid $30 card so they don't have my credit card information. And it was almost exactly 12 minutes from the time I dialed until I hung up.

Awesome post, just renewed for the 5 for 25 deal.

Thanks!

Way easier to deal with Sirius now. Got throuh to Listener Care (via cancel option) told CSR that I wanted same rate ($38.05/6 months) as before and she said OK. In the interim I added internet radio for an additional $3.95/month but in this renewal she through in the internet for free!!!!

I wonder why some people pay $13.95 per month. Guess the don't read FW. It is likely that the amount people pay for this service is inversely proportional to their educational level.

scottsd said:   Called: 888-635-5142, confirmed phone #, then said "Cancel"
Was transfered to "Listener Care Dept"
Reached CS Rep, who immediately asked if I was going to cancel if I couldn't find a cheap enough rate (to which I replied "Yes").
A very helpful guy, spoke English as well.

Offered:
1) 5 mos $29.08 ($6/mo)
2) "3-for-1": 3 mos $16 ($5/mo)
3) 1 year: $102.08 ($8/mo)

Thanks for the exact instructions, I took offer #1, will have to call back in August for the next round of negotiations...

is there any deal which also offer xm weather and traffic which I have in my Prius HDD radio ?

Another date point....I followed scottsd's instructions and took option #1.

Called last week ,asked for 6 mo for $25.00. CSR said no.I said I would not be renewing.She then offered me 2 months for free to make up my mind before cancelling.Free is good!

Offered $101/12 months or $50/6 months. Went for 6 months. Not as good as others but good enough.

Used the 888-635-5142 number. Said cancel for transfer to "Listener Care", said that I wanted to cancel unless there was a way to lower the bill for renewal. Immediately offered 1 year for $101, which is fine for me. I hate dealing with their customer service that I'd rather just do it once a year. Asked for my CC to be removed and sent an invoice, no push back on that this time.

I was coming off a 6/$25, and when I called a few months ago for my other car, they really tried to insist they could do back to back promotions, but eventually caved. Glad this one was easier.

Called OP number to cancel, they offered the 5 month deal right away. No muss, no fuss.

I just canceled a long running vehicle in anticipation of a new one being built (which would come with 6 months free) and managed to add another car that never had in place for 5 months for $25.00. She said she couldn't do that deal but would do it for the vehicle I was canceling until I got my new one which I didn't think made much sense. I think they'll take whatever they can at this point. A little bit of something is better than a whole lot of nothing!

Disgusted at their persistant pushiness. Instead of allowing me to transfer my 6 months subscription to a "replacement radio" I've purchased over the phone with them, been on the phone for 40 minutes now being escalated up the ladder to battle for a transfer, not a new subscription.

they are so pushy at getting you to agree to a monthly subscription or else face a cancellation fee of $75. so not cool.

whats wrong with just being open and fair. $25 for everyone. maybe theyd make more money and we wouldnt enjoy practising our sales BS.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.