• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
LINK

Old thread from 3 months ago when it was $214.50 + shipping!

The description says 3.3" barrel, but it should only be 2.83".

Specifications and features:
Taurus model 738 TCP semi automatic handgun
.380 ACP
3.30" barrel
6 round magazine
Double action only
Checkered polymer grips
Black polymer frame
Blued finish
Low-profile fixed sights
Fish-scaled slide serrations
Loaded chamber indicator
Ambidextrous magazine release
5.19" overall length
10.2 oz

Taurus 738 TCP is the lightest Taurus in the handgun lineup Featuring a 6 or 8 round magazine, a durable polymer frame, and low-profile fixed sights. Blued, stainless, black stainless, and titanium. Also featuring loaded chamber indicator and ambidextrous magazine release.

Member Summary

Gun
Thanks Dotbody
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I love this gun. It is my main CCW weapon and I trust it. The reviews are very positive, but some reviewers do not like the pseudo 2 stage trigger. If you shoot a box of ammo the trigger guard bites under the trigger finger due to the recoil from this light pistol.

Very nice price!! But Fatwallet has lead me to purchasing 2 guns in the last 30 days... must use my free self hypnosis book to stop the urge and quit reading these great finds!

Nice find OP

I wouldn't just buy this gun on price. I did a long, hard search for a .380. Had several people mention this gun has had cycling problems. And look at the oversized trigger guard. It's apparently real easy to have a finger slip upward towards the barrel.

I like most Taurus', have a great one, but this one seems to have issues.

Agree I have this gun too and see the same issues -- At first it had a bad clip from factory and jammed then I sent it back to Taurus waited 4 weeks then They sent the same one back with the same jamming issue then I returned it again to Taurus and finally they fixxed it. I think Taurus as A Co. Sucks.

Ruger is much better --- If your using it for a ccw you can depend on a ruger -- Taurus is Trash!!

These very small 380 and 9mm carry guns that follow Kel Tec's designs are always right on the bleeding edge of reliability. Parts are shrunk to the point where they can't be shrunk anymore. Combine that with Taurus' reputation for iffy quality control, and you have a recipe for high rates of failure. I love a bargain as much as the next FW'er, but for this type of product and the purpose it serves, you'd be better off with a Kel Tec P3AT, or the Ruger LCP, both of which have had the bugs worked out.

I have had two of these and neither cycled properly.

I paid $275 for this in June 2010 so the price is good. I have had no problems with this firearm and prefer the small size over my Glock19 when hiking or for concealed carry. It operates very similar to the Glock which is an aded bonus.

380 is an elevator gun. More of a deterent.

usadaytrader said:   380 is an elevator gun. More of a deterent.

Do I hear a volunteer willing to catch one?

usadaytrader said:   380 is an elevator gun. More of a deterent.

It is not about the caliber but about shot placement. Anyone can die from a .22 bullet...

Not a big fan of .380, but thanks. I'm a .40 cal gal.

dogmeat said:   I wouldn't just buy this gun on price. I did a long, hard search for a .380. Had several people mention this gun has had cycling problems. And look at the oversized trigger guard. It's apparently real easy to have a finger slip upward towards the barrel.

I like most Taurus', have a great one, but this one seems to have issues.

Cycling problems happen because of the type of ammo. Being these very small weapons the angles inside the feeding chamber are very steep and not as forgiving as larger pistols. With that being said, I recommend non-brass ammo with this pistol. If the brass casing expands too much the casing will stick to the barrel. I personally use Federal Law Enforcement Hollow Points in my TCP with zero issues. Easy to have finger slip towards the barrel? That is a very ignorant "observation"... You have to always use caution when firing small pistols since the finger tip to end of barrel distance is much smaller.

Well I bought one shot six times had six jams and now the factory has my brand new gun in for repairs. Should've bought a Ruger lcp.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014