• Go to page :
  • 1 2 34
  • Text Only
does not work in seattle

does not work in seattle

Thanks

worked thanks op was less than the sub-compact car, also note rent from Avis for 5 or 6 days is the same price for 7 days. so taking a 7 day rental is the one to pick.

Thanks OP. Got a weekly rental for $250 which would have been over $400 normally.

doesnt work in NY, NY couldnt help me at all.

Got $116 with tax included for 2 days for a Ford Escape out of Newark Airport.
So I guess it doesn't work for NJ or NY.
Maybe title should say "Airports only" n/a in NY/NJ/WA/HI/AK...

Great for a roadtrip, have reserved at a suburban location so didn't use the coupon -- decided to go for convenience vs. the airport

THANKS FOR THE INFO...I GOT 213 AFTER TAXES & FEES, THE DETAILS YOU ADDED WERE HELPFUL...SPELLED OUT BLACKOUT DATES IN THE FINE PRINT

This thread saved me $100 and I reserved a better vehicle. After reviewing both deals I chose the budget deal because their suv was described as an explorer and Avis was an edge.
Standard cars were $100 more than this rental and without the codes in this thread would be $300 more for my 9 day rental.

FYI, I used these codes back in February to book the SUV in West Palm Beach this last weekend. When I got there, they didn't have any mid or full size SUVs. So for $93 with taxes, I got a decked out Chevy Tahoe LTZ with Leather, 9" LCD in the rear for the kid, navi, XM, everything. ANd since I only had 74 miles or less on it, didn't have to add fuel back to top it off. Killer deal!

FatsoMike said:   FYI, I used these codes back in February to book the SUV in West Palm Beach this last weekend. When I got there, they didn't have any mid or full size SUVs. So for $93 with taxes, I got a decked out Chevy Tahoe LTZ with Leather, 9" LCD in the rear for the kid, navi, XM, everything. ANd since I only had 74 miles or less on it, didn't have to add fuel back to top it off. Killer deal!

Was this the airport location ?
Trying to score a similar deal

this is a great deal. i got a week in san fran for $235 and it shows the $35 off will be taken at the time of rental in the confirmation. thanks OP.

I am trying to use this on Avis' website, and the website is trying to validate the "MUWA130" code against my last name, with no luck. Anybody have a tip for getting the code to work online?

greep for the OP. Just wished it working in Canada. But the OP never claimed it did

Awesome deal, totally works. The look on the agents face was priceless..
I rented a Jeep (Standard SUV) in South Florida and paid $95 for 3 days after Taxes during the spring break weekend. Green for OP

The guy at the front desk was shocked at my rate.
He actually tried to make me feel guilty after I tried to find out if I could choose the car model/colors..

They had just 2 Standard SUV's in their parking lot and someone was picking up a similar car for $800/week a little later. He wanted to reserve the "newer" white car for them and at one point even threatened to cancel my reservation since "He wanted me to rent elsewhere ,they had several requests for this rental" .
I just let it pass and enjoyed our weekend in the silver Jeep which drove very well for the 500 miles we used. The car made a good choice for the wet weather conditions we had on the way to the destination.

Not working for me in PA, out of a local airport. I'm wondering if it's because it's not PHL. Could also be because it's for a week that includes Easter weekend. I'm getting about 319 for five days for the cheapest SUV.

Anyone know what's the mile restriction on this deal? I got $169+fee/week for this deal. I'm planning on driving it from GA-NJ round trip ~1700mi.

azboy2die4 said:   Anyone know what's the mile restriction on this deal? I got $169+fee/week for this deal. I'm planning on driving it from GA-NJ round trip ~1700mi.

It is unlimited miles... If they ask where you are headed just tell them sightseeing...

didn't work in NJ

Nice, thanks

buzzhd said:   didn't work in NJ

not so: fyi, I've confirmed a few NJ locations. Let us know which ones you discover!

newjerseymax said:   azboy2die4 said:   Anyone know what's the mile restriction on this deal? I got $169+fee/week for this deal. I'm planning on driving it from GA-NJ round trip ~1700mi.

It is unlimited miles...

I checked and can get the $169 price on the SUV.
I am not seeing any mention of the mileage.
Can you tell me where to find the verbage about unlimited mileage?

during on-line process, UNLIMITED miles will be DISPLAYED

SinglePapa said:   during on-line process, UNLIMITED miles will be DISPLAYED

Grrrrr. I finally see it on my reservation receipt. Thanks!

$192.25 with all taxes and fees for a week for the Ford Edge. The $30 coupon was a no go for me since at a non airport location.
Sweet deal!

Does Visa cover the intermediate SUVs with secondary insurance if you PIF with Visa and decline Avis's daily insurance?

thanks! works in sfo

Still alive. Saved $86 at Panama City Fl (ECP). Thanks OP!

NO good for an upcoming Aruba vacation. 415 for 5 days std SUV.

still alive, though i am hoping a deal like this exists later in the year, as I am needing a rental car in miami for a week in november.

wishful thinking. can anyone document a deal like this - ever?

Avis at my area gave me an extra $50 discount today. Wow mine came out $295 (LDW fees included) - $50 for a week rent. I'm surprised I get even more discounts. Thank

how did it come about? how much was LDW?

Thanks for the Post OP. I had booked thru Avis initially but after buying air tickets thru Southwest, their car rental promotion seems a bit better with CORPORATE ID 7015933 for ALAMO.

If you can stack, other coupons, it's a better deal. Standard SUV Grand Cherokee is $225 for 7 days including all fees.

Just booked a Tahoe (full size suv) for $320 9 days @ MIA through Costco travel with Alamo. This is normally a $600-$1,200 rental

Please, members:
1. what dates? (dates mean plenty for rates)
2. what's included in $320? (is anything else mandatory, like insurance?)
3. where any coupons stacked?

WS6TA said:   Just booked a Tahoe (full size suv) for $320 9 days @ MIA through Costco travel with Alamo. This is normally a $600-$1,200 rental

Just booked a Intermediate SUV for 9 days @ cincinnati OH for $245

i was able to book using this AWD code at a non-airport location.
it would not allow me to apply the coupon code MUWA130,
but was able to apply coupon code MUGA164 which is $30 off a weekly rental.

SinglePapa said:   Please, members:
1. what dates? (dates mean plenty for rates)
2. what's included in $320? (is anything else mandatory, like insurance?)
3. where any coupons stacked?

WS6TA said:   Just booked a Tahoe (full size suv) for $320 9 days @ MIA through Costco travel with Alamo. This is normally a $600-$1,200 rental

End of April, weekly I check the site and the prices have been getting better every week for the last 6
Cost $210 rental $110 taxes and fees
Costco travel has a car search like Travelocity, there are all kinds of discounts and the search finds what is applicable. No extras like ins necessary

Thanx4detail, ws6ta! This is an exceptional rate as is - but have you tried to apply any Alamo coupon on top? There is price difference sometimes, depending on starting day-of-the-week and even time of pick-up. So let us know if you see cheapest time...Also, when u pick-up at low rates - some companies are notorious about forcing u to purchase LDW, if u can't positively prove own insurance. Let someone mention their experience...

$162 for 5 days in San Diego in June. Thanks!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014