• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
spotted this at SD and didn't se it posted here.
i was able to get a std suv at MIA (miami airport)in may/june,
Standard SUV Chevrolet Equinox or similar,
Base Rate and Charges
$259.67 USD for a week,
used code MUWA130 which should get me another $35 off

Get an Intermediate SUV for $159 per week/$22 per weekend day or a Standard SUV for $169 per week/$25 per weekend day. Use Avis discount AWD S767700 for rental pickup by 6/30/12. Valid at airport and off airport locations, may require Saturday night keep, blackouts apply.

adding coupon MUWA130 is suppose to get me an extra $35 off and they state that will happen at the counter.

Terms & Conditions

Intermediate SUV for $22 a weekend day or $149 a weekly rental
Standard SUV for $25 a weekend day or $169 a weekly rental
AWD # S767700

Offer can be reserved now for pickup by 6/30/12 at participating Avis locations in the contiguous U.S. excluding New York. The offer is valid on Intermediate SUV (group F) and Standard SUV (group W). Offer applies to weekend and weekly rates; weekly rates require a five consecutive day minimum rental and a 14-day maximum rental. A Saturday night keep is required. The weekend rental period begins Thursday at noon and car must be returned by Monday 11:59 p.m. or higher rate may apply. A Saturday night keep is required. To use this offer, reservation must be booked 24 hours in advance of pickup. Please use AWD S767700 to take advantage of this offer. Offer subject to vehicle availability at the time of reservation and may not be available on some rates at some times. Offers may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods; rate surcharges apply during peak periods. Blackouts include, but may not be limited to the following: Boston, FL, CO. 2/1 2/5: Indianapolis. 2/9 3/18: Ski Locations in DEN, COS, ASE, EGE, GJT, GUC, HDN, MTJ, DRO, CYS, RKS, JAC, SLC, BOI, IDA, PIH, SUN, TWF, BTM, BZN, GTF, HLN, SAF, ABQ, FMN, RNO, DN2, SL1, MU2, UT1. 2/9 2/15: Ski Locations in PDX, RDM, SEA, SE4, B3S. 2/16 2/27: Fl, AZ. 2/23 2/26: Orlando, FL. 2/16 2/21: Denver, Salt Lake City, Reno. 3/29 4/2: New Orleans, LA. 4/5 4/8: Florida 3/29 4/8: Fl, AZ. 4/16 4/26: Raleigh. 5/3 5/5: Louisville Dist. 5/24 5/28: Boston, Indianapolis, Charleston Dist. 6/28 7/1: Fl, Seattle. 6/28 7/5: BOS OPS, Charleston Dist Chicago, Minneapolis, Pittsburgh. Rates are non-discountable; they may not be combined with any other AWD number, coupon, discounted rate or promotional offer. Renter must meet Avis age, driver and credit requirements. Minimum age is 25, but may vary by location. An additional daily surcharge may apply for renters under 25 years old. Offers are based on US currency. Vehicle must be returned to renting location. Taxes, concession recovery fees, vehicle license recovery fee, customer facility charges may apply and are extra. Optional products such as LDW ($29.99/day or less) and refueling are extra. Rental must begin by 6/30/12.

Avis
Need a Avis coupon that earns Up to 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Avis SUV
Thanks MVP9596
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
(deleted) sorry, wrong forum

jodtmo (Sep. 27, 2012 @ 11:48a) |

I just used this at SMF during labor day weekend, no problem at all.

divnamite (Sep. 27, 2012 @ 12:04p) |

Just tried it online and it didn't work. If I want to pick up on a Sunday does that mean I have to pick the next Saturd... (more)

Duke94 (Oct. 26, 2012 @ 12:14p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Perfect timing. I needed an SUV for an upcoming ski trip and this makes it cheaper than even the economy class of vehicle. Thanks OP.

The coupon the OP mentioned only works at airport locations but in my case the airport fees were way more than the coupon so it was better to pick the car up at my local office. The special rate is good at both airport and off-airport.

tried it for myrtle beach in april and its price is way higher than you stated you got....dont know why

Spring break or Easter time period jacks up rates...

Had to use the AWD to get this code to take.

The taxes kill the deal for me. Everytime I select the smallest car, they end up giving a free midsize car anyways. Actually. I guess Dallas costs more. I cant get the SUV for $25/day

Man!! You totally saved me almost 150 dollars! I got a standard size SUV for 169+ tax, comes out to 238 or so in San Diego. Regular price for this was almost 350 bucks and that was with my USAA discount! You are a lifesaver. Thanks for the deal!

glad i could help.
for me to get it to work, i had to go to the Avis site. www.avis.com
under the Avis Worldwide Discount (AWD) Number or Rate Code box enter S767700
click the Add a Coupon link and a box will pop up, enter MUWA130
Coupon CodeNotes: Coupon deductions are not included in the estimated total and are calculated at the rental counter.
i've think the MUWA130 code requires a Saturday night keep and not sure if it works for off airport sites.
as noted Offers may not be available during holiday and other blackout periods; rate surcharges apply during peak periods.

Thanks OP! I got a 3 day rental for a standard SUV for $105 w/ tax at LAX

not sure why this was moved to expired deals...think it's still on

A week in April at LAX come out to $169 + $55 in tax. Thanks OP. Great deal. Not $129 but lower then anything else I could fine.

Still live - just booked a rental in June for an SUV got a rate of $169 using the codes above. Got a $22/day rate for same class this weekend in DC. Thanks OP!

Good deal if you can get it. All locations near me only have full-size cars, no SUVs or anything else.

seems like it must be picked up and dropped off at the same location. too bad.

What company is AWD S767700 intended for?
They do ask for ID at times...

strange that "group W" SUV's were supposed to be Chevy Trailblazer. But no matter what location I try, it says Chevy Equinox - which kills the deal for me as I need third-row seats. Any suggestion??

peste386 said:   ...I needed an SUV for an upcoming ski trip and this makes it cheaper than even the economy class of vehicle...
Depends on how much driving you need to do. Gasoline costs will eat into your savings or worse case end up costing you more. At the very least you will have more room / comfort in the SUV.

Thanks! - this saves me a bundle on a week-long rental I'm planning for April in Colorado.

I was just about to make the reservation when I realized that these two Avis SUV categories are not 4 wheel-drive vehicles - does anyone know if this is a correct assumption?

Even though terms say nothing about Hawaii, the rates are not valid in HNL.

This station does not participate. Valid at corporate/participating licensee AIRPORT locations in the U.S. (excluding Hawaii) and Canada.

Interesting when I excluded code MUWA130 and used the wizard code I got $159. However when added the discount code it was upwards of $400

At $159 a week was pretty close to daily rate of others at same time. Spectacular deal!

Thanks op. just booked a weekend suv.

why am I not getting these rates out of any NY airport for early march or early april?

I tried using it at Ft Lauderdale during one of the busiest weeks of the year in Miami, and it worked. Not bad. Ridiculous airport tax/fees dilute it a little, but thats no fault of the promotion.

Thanks OP... Booked a two day weekend in Phoenix during Spring Training. Got the $22 per night rate ( with taxes the whole thing was $80).

Green for you!

Great deal-- just got Intermediate SUV for five days in Ft Lauderdale for $225. Green for you.

These car deals never work in NYC...

Just booked an SUV for 2 weeks in June from BWI (Baltimore) for $169 a week! Thanks OP!!!

WOW! This is such an awesome deal and TOTALLY live. I just booked for Friday pick up Monday drop off from SFO.

Total came out to $102.02 for a standard SUV.

THANK YOU OP!!!

sorry - its for a weekend in March 2012 and its an INTERMDIATE SUV (Ford Escape or similar)

Worked for me at SFO as well, just shaved $50 off the best deal I could find elsewhere, thanks OP!

Excellent saved me over $100 compared to what I had reserved at RSW. Thx.

Not bad - great deal for memorial day weekend travel - Thanks OP

Base Rate: 7 day(s) 169.00 USD
Base Rate and Charges271.23 USD
Coupon:
MUWA130Accepted (See Notes)
Rate Rules:
Minimum 4 Day(s) and 3 hour(s) rental
Maximum 14 Day(s)

Estimated Total 271.23 USD

Thanks! Spring break week in San Diego went from $299 base/$446 total to $159 base/$261 total.
$185 savings!

I tried MCO (Orlando) for 2/24 - 2/28:
$519 base rate for intermediate SUV
$467 when I took out the AWD code.

For my other trip, PNS 4/5 - 4/10
$325 base
$285 without the code

Am I doing something wrong?

still been looking aroung and found this:
http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/travel-discussion/1166723/
i got a ford edge for $247.91 TOTAL
for a week in mia in may - june. now i have to figure out if i want this or the Avis deal. i also applied coupon code MUWZ023 which is supposed to get me $25 off, but fine print says no coupons so it may not allow it.

I take it noone noticed this is the code the FBI uses for travel. Per the contract, they are not allowed to ask for ID for discount but can for normal rental check out process.

I got the deal for PHX during spring training March 7-12 for $261, including taxes & fees. Rentals were all close to $500 for economy cars at this time...insane savings!!!

Got this deal for LAX, one rental of 14 days, returning Standard size SUV, then picking up another one right away for five more days from same location. 19 days in all, total $437.85 + $222.53 - $35 -$35. About $100 of that is extra fees because of renting at an airport location.

You guys rock!

Still alive. Thanks!

Skipping 81 Messages...
divnamite said:   I just used this at SMF during labor day weekend, no problem at all.

Just tried it online and it didn't work. If I want to pick up on a Sunday does that mean I have to pick the next Saturday to return for the deal?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.