• Go to page :
  • 12 3 4
  • Text Only
decemberpizza said:   does not work in seattle

worse than that, these codes seem to increase the price in Seattle over the off the street rates. Weird.

No dice in Birmingham airport (BHM).

Thanks OP. Worked out great in BWI. Total $199 for 5 days (for full size SUV) including all taxes and fees.

I booked a Standard SUV at BWI June 12-26 (14 Days) for $524 including all fees/taxes. Thanks for the post OP!

This worked great for me had a SUV for 10 days. Only issue is i had to get insurance full coverage which tapped on another 15 bucks per day.

LAX btw

Thanks for posting this! I'm flying to Chicago but was going to take the bus to Rockford where my friend lives and rent from Avis there as it was $100+ cheaper than renting out of Midway (due to all the city taxes and b.s.), but with this discount, it almost equaled the cost of a compact car out of Rockford and I'm picking up from Midway and saving the bus fare! Thanks!

Thanks OP...reserved an SUV in Denver for 3 days. Total w/taxes $109.00! Super deal

Top flippin' notch! Was out looking for deals on rentals for vacation planned in June. Save me tons o' money!

I didn't use any codes and got an intermediate car for dec 21-28 in san juan for only $135 or after fees total $182! thanks

WS6TA said:   SinglePapa said:   Please, members:
1. what dates? (dates mean plenty for rates)
2. what's included in $320? (is anything else mandatory, like insurance?)
3. where any coupons stacked?

WS6TA said:   Just booked a Tahoe (full size suv) for $320 9 days @ MIA through Costco travel with Alamo. This is normally a $600-$1,200 rental

End of April, weekly I check the site and the prices have been getting better every week for the last 6
Cost $210 rental $110 taxes and fees
Costco travel has a car search like Travelocity, there are all kinds of discounts and the search finds what is applicable. No extras like ins necessary

Just checked to see if it got any cheaper and now the same rental is over $900

I only consider an SUV useful if it has third-row seating. This coupon seems to be only valid on intermediate and standard size SUVs. Not full size SUVs. Can anyone who reserved a standard size SUV comment if the vehicle that they received has third-row seating? I know the Ford Edge which is what they were advertising has it but not sure about the Jeep or any other car. Thanks so much!

I should add that the best way to get a "great" deal is to book this but check the Costco travel every few days until your trip. In my case I got a 7 passenger Tahoe for less than a normal car. My rental is $320 and now this rental is $900-$1,500 for the same period. Good luck on your hunt

Worked great for me in MI. SUV $169 /wk. I drove the Nissan Pathfinder. Loved it.

Here are my results for my up coming left coast trip. Pick up and return is at SFO. Ford Escape is 30 MPG!! OP, you saved me hundreds of dollars and can't green your post enough.

Tuesday to Tuesday(even Memorial Day weekend!!!!!)
Base Rate: 6 day(s) , 22 hour(s) -Intermediate SUV (Ford Escape or other)
159.00 USD

$0.13 per day (Vehicle License Fee)
2.85% (Tourism Assessment Fee)
$20.00 per rental (Transportation & Facilities Fee)
11.11% (Concession Recovery Fee)
Tax (8.250 %) 14.65 USD

Mileage: Unlimited
Base Rate: 6 day(s) , 22 hour(s)
159.00 USD
Taxes & Surcharges:
57.75 USD

Base Rate and Charges 216.75 USD

Made a reservation for pickup at Midway - great deal! Have yet to see anything cheaper (even for compact or economy cars) and my trip is next week! Thanks!

jodtmo said:   Worked great for me in MI. SUV $169 /wk. I drove the Nissan Pathfinder. Loved it.

How'd you get it to work on full size SUV?

Thanks OP! Cheaper than a compact car at SFO in June(so far).

i330 said:   What company is AWD S767700 intended for?
They do ask for ID at times...

I have only read a few actually pick up and payed for with success. Its one thing to book this deal, its another to actually get it at the pick up counter. Has anybody be hassled for ID or deal failed? Specifically for an SFO pickup?

Picked up a Toyota FJ Cruiser about an hour ago for a week rental.
They were out of the Ford Edge. $192 for the week with all the taxes added.
Doing a 3k mile trip so would have rather had the Edge since I will get bent over on gas mileage on the FJ Cruiser.

just rented a toyota venza for 3 days weekend in raleigh. total came out to $98. thanks op!

who says this is CORP awd; who says this offer is not for public?

HammerinHank said:   i330 said:   What company is AWD S767700 intended for?
They do ask for ID at times...

I have only read a few actually pick up and payed for with success. Its one thing to book this deal, its another to actually get it at the pick up counter. Has anybody be hassled for ID or deal failed? Specifically for an SFO pickup?

I just returned from a trip at CHS for a week. $196.02 including taxes. When I arrived they had me updgraded to a larger SUV Tahoe class, but I asked them to just give me the class I reserved (standard SUV). Did not need anything as big as the Tahoe. I was given the Ford Edge, fully loaded. Sirius Radio, Leather Seats, Sync System, Dual Climate Control, and even a large screen Rear Reverse Camera. I rent vehicles a good bit and this is was probably my favorite.

Had no issues at all using the AWD S767700 or even the coupon code for $35. I walked up showed my drivers license and my Visa. Took less then 5 minutes.

Thanks OP!

Not working at all for BHM airport. Bummer

doing another road trip over memorial day weekend. got the standard suv at local 1 week rental for total $204. thanks op!

btw, added the coupon but it didn't show up on my reservation. i'll just have to remember to ask when i pick up.

nicemann said:   I just returned from a trip at CHS for a week. $196.02 including taxes. When I arrived they had me updgraded to a larger SUV Tahoe class, but I asked them to just give me the class I reserved (standard SUV). Did not need anything as big as the Tahoe. I was given the Ford Edge, fully loaded. Sirius Radio, Leather Seats, Sync System, Dual Climate Control, and even a large screen Rear Reverse Camera. I rent vehicles a good bit and this is was probably my favorite.

Had no issues at all using the AWD S767700 or even the coupon code for $35. I walked up showed my drivers license and my Visa. Took less then 5 minutes.

Thanks OP!

Appreciate the post. I wanted to hear a personal experience of what to expect when dealing directly with Avis when I pick up. Thanks again

thank you thank you thank you!!! Just saved me a bundle for my car rental in Portland, OR. Shopping around, a week long SUV rental would cost $500-$600. Using the AWD code dropped it down to $379 including a car seat for 8.5 days with unlimited mileage.

Is friday considered weekend day ?

I've tried it for Anchorage, Alaska for my upcoming trip and the "S767700" did not make any changes to the base price.
I took it all the way to the end, and never got the chance to put in the "MUWA130" code...
Help!!

Picked up my second week long rental on this deal for the 2nd time in 3 weeks. They had me slated for a Murano but I asked them if I they would upgrade me to the larger class Chevy Traverse sitting out front and they said sure, no problem. Traverse is much larger with much more rear storage which I needed for this trip. Gas mileage ratings were the same. Once again $192 total including all taxes, fees etc.

There was a receipt from earlier this week in the glove box where someone paid $267 to rent the same Traverse for 3 days.

I hate to see this deal go away.

do i need to let them know if i want to drive to Canada?

I don't know why, but the tax & surcharge here in austin almost double the regular booking price...

3 day weekend goes from $79+52 in taxes and surcharges!

Perfect timing for me - going from Texas to Gulf Shores in June and the Mini Cooper, great car though it is, was not going to cut it for 2 adults and 2 children.

$309 after the $35 coupon for a standard SUV is cheaper than the sub-compact option. Thanks so much OP. Cheapest I was able to do before this was over $400 for an intermediate.

decemberpizza said:   does not work in seattle - Yes it does.

Works in Seattle at Downtown location (1919 5th Ave.).

Have rented multiple times there. $80.52 for the three weekend days, with all the fees. Even works for Memorial Day weekend.

JS

Just tried it and couldn't get that rate in Orange County...boo!

PoohBare said:   Just tried it and couldn't get that rate in Orange County...boo!

Offer can be reserved now for pickup by 6/30/12 at participating Avis locations in the contiguous U.S.

expired

PoohBare said:   Just tried it and couldn't get that rate in Orange County...boo!

Which Orange County are you referring too? There are nine different "Orange Counties" in the United States.

(deleted) sorry, wrong forum

I just used this at SMF during labor day weekend, no problem at all.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014