• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Its confirmed in DC metro area, and probably nationwide.

Starting on February 22, 2012 and will probably stays for a month.

McDonald's does this annually during Lent.

Enjoy...

Member Summary

McDonald's (12.90kB)
Thanks Happygirls
Disclaimer

Fish Fillet (29.04kB)
Thanks Mr0ffic3r
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Look at the poster, does what you get look like that? There's no fish or cheese hanging outside the bun. The cheese is ... (more)

stanandcarolb (Mar. 19, 2012 @ 10:45a) |

deal is still ON..

byteless (Mar. 19, 2012 @ 11:48a) |

YES, false advertising,
they use smaller buns in the poster ...
everyone does it ..
SO SUE THEM

RegUSPatOff (Mar. 19, 2012 @ 10:12p) |

southeast Wisconsin
Buy a Fish Sandwich OR Large Fries
get a second one (mix or match) for 50 cents

Thanks !

This is a darn good sandwich for 99 cents !

Please add start date (2/22/12) to title?

O MAN i can just hear that jingle in my head!!!

Give me that filet o fish .... give me that fish

Give me back that filet o fish
Give me that fish

that is about all these things are worth is 99¢. Now the Arby's fish sandwich is at least 5 times more enjoyable for only 2.5 times the cash @2/$5

Won't hold my breath on these being 99 cents of MN. They are like $1.80 around here during this 99c specials and nowhere near worth that much. 99 cents is the most I would ever pay for these ever.

Larryslug said:   that is about all these things are worth is 99¢. Now the Arby's fish sandwich is at least 5 times more enjoyable for only 2.5 times the cash @2/$5They're doing 2/$4 around here on these. Minneapolis, MN

If I liked fish, I'd be all over that squared sucker!

Is this thing made of real fish? And if so, what kind?

gamebeaross said:   Larryslug said:   that is about all these things are worth is 99¢. Now the Arby's fish sandwich is at least 5 times more enjoyable for only 2.5 times the cash @2/$5They're doing 2/$4 around here on these. Minneapolis, MN
I tried it (the Arby's 2 Fish sandwiches for $4 deal) this weekend and was not happy. Probably the restaurant I went to had the problem. The first patty was big and all but the sides were tough to chew.

It's an inexpensive pollock fished in the north atlantic. They are flash frozen on site. The biggest fishing boat in the world.

White and flakey , I think's it's good but the fried in fat bread makes it taste good.

In downtown NYC, Mcd is providing 2 fillet-o-fish for around $4.5, gave the try yesterday and it was good

What she order? Fish Fillet.

I always add lettuce, tomato, and red onion to mine and it is quite filling actually.

annwill6148 said:   It's an inexpensive pollock fished in the north atlantic. They are flash frozen on site. The biggest fishing boat in the world.

White and flakey , I think's it's good but the fried in fat bread makes it taste good.

Up until a few years ago it was exclusively hoki and the majority of it came from New Zealand. Now you generally don't know if you're getting hoki or pollock, not that it makes a bit of difference taste wise.

gamebeaross said:   Larryslug said:   that is about all these things are worth is 99¢. Now the Arby's fish sandwich is at least 5 times more enjoyable for only 2.5 times the cash @2/$5They're doing 2/$4 around here on these. Minneapolis, MN

Same here in NC!

GO TAR HEELS!

goatssbyday said:   O MAN i can just hear that jingle in my head!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jo0u_5Serj8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-DzyacqO0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QA-DzyacqO0 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iGNXtdjfGHc

Something smells fishy around here.

i have to check out if they discount the dbl-fish-fillet as well.... anyone tried that already?

byteless said:   Its confirmed in DC metro area, and probably nationwide.

Starting on February 22, 2012 and will probably stays for a month.

McDonald's does this annually during Lent.

Enjoy...

Thanks for the heads-up. I love these.

I hope this works in Chicagoland. They haven't done this for at least the last two years here; instead they've had the double FOF for $1.99, which doesn't interest me.

Chris.

1.99 for the filet without fish lips and feces

.99 for the regular filet

cnev300d said:   Is this thing made of real fish? And if so, what kind?

Haha, what else would it be made of, and for goodness sakes why?? Even imitation crabmeat is "real fish".

Cool the Filet o Fish probably the only sandwich McDonnalds offers that isn't made of mystery meat.

Deep fried ...

goatssbyday said:   O MAN i can just hear that jingle in my head!!!

Break me off a piece of that fancy feast! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHyWTyybCzc

annwill6148 said:   

White and flakey .

My ears are burning.

Not my opinion or words, but for those who were wondering what it's made out of it:

An ingredient list at McDonald's specifies the following for their "Filet-O-Fish": fish filet patty, bun, tartar sauce, pasteurized processed American cheese, and seasoning. Still, any product with such a poor spelling of "fillet of fish" bears further scrutiny.

So we waddled over to DietRiot.com, where we found the F-O-F contains pollock or hoki, both of which, though not exactly seafood superstars, do qualify as actual fish.

Maybe the real question ought to be: what else does the Filet-O-Fish contain besides the fish? The caloric ratio of the sandwich is 46% fat, 39% carbs, and just 15% protein. Take another look at DietRiot, and you'll notice, in addition to the "foaming agent" dimethylpolysiloxane, several partially hydrogenated oils, which produce trans fat.

Just remember, when adding dimethylpolysiloxane, season to taste.

http://www.dietriot.com/

I love dimethylpolysiloxane

I honestly dont know how people eat fish from fast food companies. Then again I dont understand how people can eat fast food in general.

Rambler said:   goatssbyday said:   O MAN i can just hear that jingle in my head!!!

Break me off a piece of that fancy feast! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JHyWTyybCzc

Yep, that's definitely it.

----------------------

The combo is $2.99 in my area, but I think the sandwich is still $1.99. I'd give up the McDouble for a while if our price changes here...

OrangeCrush71 said:   I honestly dont know how people eat fish from fast food companies. Then again I dont understand how people can eat fast food in general.

And I don't understand how babies are made, yet I have two...

OrangeCrush71 said:   I honestly dont know how people eat fish from fast food companies. Then again I dont understand how people can eat fast food in general.

It's easy!

1. Take the food and put it in your mouth
2. OM NOM NOM NOM

Is there a list of participating locations? I know of 2 in SD that are on perpetual fish-o-fillet fridays ($1.29 vs ~$3+) (WalMart-santee and mcd santee). But $0.99 is awesome... I could get 3 + the sweet tea for under $5!

*** update: Theres a double fillet? WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE??? http://www.mcstate.com/13872/43871/Double-Filet-o-Fish/

This is fantastic! FOF is my favorite.

i think i'd hate to know what's in that thing

skh12 said:   i think i'd hate to know what's in that thing

Fish Filet Patty
Allergens: FISH (HOKI AND POLLOCK), WHEAT AND MILK
Fish Filet (Hoki and Pollock), water, food starch-modified, yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, salt, whey, dextrose, dried yeast, sugar, sodium polyphosphate, potassium polyphosphate, cellulose gum, paprika and turmeric extract (color), natural flavors (plant source). Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

CONTAINS: FISH (HOKI AND POLLOCK), WHEAT AND MILK

milkandcookies said:   skh12 said:   i think i'd hate to know what's in that thing

Fish Filet Patty
Fish Filet (Hoki and Pollock), water, food starch-modified, yellow corn flour, bleached wheat flour, salt, whey, dextrose, dried yeast, sugar, sodium polyphosphate, potassium polyphosphate, cellulose gum, paprika and turmeric extract (color), natural flavors (plant source). Prepared in vegetable oil (Canola oil, corn oil, soybean oil, hydrogenated soybean oil with TBHQ and citric acid added to preserve freshness). Dimethylpolysiloxane added as an antifoaming agent.

Calories

15g
Protein

18g
Fat
(28%)
38g
Carbs
(13%)
640mg
Sodium
(27%)
Calories from Fat 170 Dietary Fiber 2g (7%) Calcium 160mg (15%)
Saturated Fat 3.5g (18%) Sugars 5g Iron 2mg (10%)
Trans Fat 0g Vitamin A 120IU (2%) Vitamin C 0mg (0%)
Cholesterol 40mg (14%) Serving Size 5 oz (142 g)

milkandcookies said:   milkandcookies said:   skh12 said:   i think i'd hate to know what's in that thing

Fish Filet Patty

Calories

15g
Protein

18g
Fat
(28%)
38g
Carbs
(13%)
640mg
Sodium
(27%)
Calories from Fat 170 Dietary Fiber 2g (7%) Calcium 160mg (15%)
Saturated Fat 3.5g (18%) Sugars 5g Iron 2mg (10%)
Trans Fat 0g Vitamin A 120IU (2%) Vitamin C 0mg (0%)
Cholesterol 40mg (14%) Serving Size 5 oz (142 g)

Sauce:

Calories from Fat 80 Dietary Fiber 1g (6%) Calcium 150mg (15%)
Saturated Fat 2g (11%) Sugars 5g Iron 2mg (10%)
Trans Fat 0g Vitamin A 110IU (2%) Vitamin C 0mg (0%)
Cholesterol 30mg (11%) Serving Size 4.4 oz (124 g)

milkandcookies said:   skh12 said:   i think i'd hate to know what's in that thing

Fish Filet Patty

McD's fish sandwich uses Hoki predominantly. Perhaps in some areas of the world Pollock, but in the US, mostly Hoki. For those who care about such things, Hoki is NOT a kosher fish, so if you only eat fish that are kosher, skip the Mickey D FoF.

Skipping 172 Messages...
stanandcarolb said:   ... There's no fish or cheese hanging outside the bun.
... false adverting.
YES, false advertising,
they use smaller buns in the poster ...
everyone does it ..
SO SUE THEM

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014