• 1 234516
  • Page
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
BYOD = Bring your own device. In this case, any GSM device will work. Probably has to be unlocked but not sure about that.

This is hot deal.
AT&T Coverage and 3G data speeds (unlike Simple Mobile's T-Mo coverage and close to 2G speeds)

Unlimited Minutes, Unlimited Text/MMS, Unlimited 3G Data

http://www.straighttalksim.com/

FAQ Section

Member Summary

Straight Talk
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
OK so i have 2 Iphone 5 with ATT. My contrtact ends in about 2-3 months and im looking to get on the monthly program. Wh... (more)

jateshvarmani (Jul. 07, 2013 @ 1:51p) |

I can neither confirm nor deny

yesidonoitall (Jul. 07, 2013 @ 2:06p) |

Straght Talk no longer offers ATT sims, they're all only T-Mobile now. In my comparison, the coverage area of T-Mobile ... (more)

jonesjeremya (Jul. 07, 2013 @ 2:39p) |

SIMSAVE can save you $10 on the sim card, effectively making it free!

$45.00 price does NOT include taxes and fees. In Texas, those equal +/- $5.30

To get the refill card without paying tax, you can buy the refill card at WalMart online store, and make the shipping address an Oregon address, which does not have sales tax. Because the card will be emailed to you, so it does not matter what your shipping address is. The online store use the shipping address to calculate the sales tax.

Enjoy

Wiki for using an AT&T iPhone 4S on Straight Talk

iPhone 4S 16GB refurbished for $500 from Newegg
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Answering my own question about devices, this is what I see in the FAQ section
How can I tell if my phone will work?

SIM card will only work with an AT&T or T-Mobile compatible or unlocked GSM phone. To activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan card or credit card. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices. BlackBerrys and branded TracFone, SafeLink, Net10 or Straight Talk phones will not work with this program. In order for your phone’s data services to work, you must update your APN data settings, also called the Access Point Name. SIM card and Service Plan are not refundable

KayK said:   Answering my own question about devices, this is what I see in the FAQ section
How can I tell if my phone will work?

SIM card will only work with an AT&T or T-Mobile compatible or unlocked GSM phone. To activate your service, you will need a Straight Talk Unlimited 30-day Service Plan card or credit card. Some data services may not be available with all wireless devices. BlackBerrys and branded TracFone, SafeLink, Net10 or Straight Talk phones will not work with this program. In order for your phone’s data services to work, you must update your APN data settings, also called the Access Point Name. SIM card and Service Plan are not refundable
already placed my order for AT&T microsim for my iphone 4...gonna be nice at only $45/month! On Red Pocket right now which is also AT&T, but i currently pay $59.99 and that includes 2gb data. I'm sure data on Straight Talk really isn't unlimited though lol

rmhop said:   I'm sure data on Straight Talk really isn't unlimited though lolIt never is unfortunately.
What I want to know now is what is that cap.. and whether the cap is different for TMobile version and AT&T version.

Where does it say it allows 3G speeds?

wow, thanks op...
just emailed Straight Talk..

need to know if i will get full 3g for my iphone 4, currently with h2o.

nabixlholdings said:   wow, thanks op...

h2o, red pocket, Straight Talk, Net10 all use AT&T. you will get 3g data with them all.

Any input on phone reception? My current AT&T iPhone bill is high. This will cut my bill in half.

Just barely an hour ago, I had ordered two Nokia 6790 phones with Straight Talk (because E71 is no longer available). This SIM is an even better offer because you're not violating their terms by switiching the SIM to a different phone.

alhluu said:   Any input on phone reception? My current AT&T iPhone bill is high. This will cut my bill in half.
http://straighttalksim.com/coverage.php

KayK said:   BYOD = Bring your own device. In this case, any GSM device will work. Probably has to be unlocked but not sure about that.

This is hot deal.
AT&T Coverage and 3G data speeds (unlike Simple Mobile's T-Mo coverage and close to 2G speeds)

FAQ Section
Phones do not have to be unlocked. They have both At&t and T-Mobile sims. You can choose either one. If your phone is unlocked, and you don't know which sim to choose, you can choose either one for your coverage area.
During the order process you have to give your zip. If you select the unlocked phone option they will provide you with the sim they choose for your area.

As with almost all providers, the advertised Unlimited WEB ACCESS does not mean Unlimited Data of any speed.

KayK said:   rmhop said:   I'm sure data on Straight Talk really isn't unlimited though lolIt never is unfortunately.
What I want to know now is what is that cap.. and whether the cap is different for TMobile version and AT&T version.
yeah not too sure. doing research it looks to be if you are at or below 2gb data you seem to be OK. I barely use 1gb so not a problem for me, but it's false advertising though. just nice to pay just $45/month though

jimates said:   KayK said:   BYOD = Bring your own device. In this case, any GSM device will work. Probably has to be unlocked but not sure about that.

This is hot deal.

FAQ Section

As with almost all providers, the advertised Unlimited WEB ACCESS does not mean Unlimited Data of any speed.
he never said it did. he's just listing what Straight Talk advertises

Why does the coverage map for Straight Talk show a very limited coverage map for Android phones? Are you sure it will get you AT&T coverage?

KayK said:   BYOD = Bring your own device. In this case, any GSM device will work. Probably has to be unlocked but not sure about that.

This is hot deal.

FAQ Section

Calling your post out does not make it a hot deal.

mcpagano said:   Why does the coverage map for Straight Talk show a very limited coverage map for Android phones? Are you sure it will get you AT&T coverage?it also runs on tmobile network and i think it has some cdma phones that run on verizon also. You can make sure you order an AT&T simcard. it gives you the option. I just ordered an AT&T microsim for my iPhone 4 about an hour ago. The androids must run on tmobile network

I think android is solely used on tmobile's network and not at&t.

bleh too slow

rmhop said:   jimates said:   KayK said:   BYOD = Bring your own device. In this case, any GSM device will work. Probably has to be unlocked but not sure about that.

This is hot deal.

FAQ Section

And I am point out, for those that don't already know, that what he posted is misleading.

mcpagano said:   Why does the coverage map for Straight Talk show a very limited coverage map for Android phones? Are you sure it will get you AT&T coverage?Where is there a different map for Android phones?
calbr22 said:   I think android is solely used on tmobile's network and not at&t.

bleh too slow
we have an android phone on At&t. But if you can get a T-Mobile phone unlocked you can use it on At&t.

jimates said:   rmhop said:   jimates said:   KayK said:   BYOD = Bring your own device. In this case, any GSM device will work. Probably has to be unlocked but not sure about that.

This is hot deal.

FAQ Section

And I am point out, for those that don't already know, that what he posted is misleading.
the one misleading is Straight Talk, not the OP.

calbr22 said:   I think android is solely used on tmobile's network and not at&t.

bleh too slow
Umm.. they have no idea what phone you use.. only what sim you use. That sim can be in Android, a dumb flip phone, an iphone, anything.
Just order an AT&T sim and pop that thing in an Android phone..

KayK said:   calbr22 said:   I think android is solely used on tmobile's network and not at&t.

bleh too slow
Umm.. they have no idea what phone you use.. only what sim you use. That sim can be in Android, a dumb flip phone, an iphone, anything.
Just order an AT&T sim and pop that thing in an Android phone..
the android needs to be unlocked or AT&T android phone though.

rmhop said:   nabixlholdings said:   wow, thanks op...

h2o, red pocket, Straight Talk, Net10 all use AT&T. you will get 3g data with them all.

I had StraightTalk service since its inception, through the AT&T switchover, until June of last year when I switched to Page plus. During that time I used several different smart phones on StraightTalk. For the most part current StraightTalk data services for smart phones suck while those StraightTalk phones that are still grandfathered to the Verizon network work great. When StraightTalk switched over to AT&T as their primary provider in late 2010 their data services went downhill overnight. Bottom line, StraightTalk data services are NOT the same as getting a direct AT&T 3G plan. The way it was explained to me by StraightTalk CS is that they contract with the carrier (AT&T in this case) to buy their unused local network utilization. Some days you may get 3G while others you barely get old CDMA modem speeds. That is why they make no statements or guarantees of data speeds in any of their agreements.

rmhop said:   jimates said:   rmhop said:   jimates said:   KayK said:   BYOD = Bring your own device. In this case, any GSM device will work. Probably has to be unlocked but not sure about that.

This is hot deal.

FAQ Section

No matter what the source, the statement is misleading. Straight Talk says "$45 per month – Unlimited Data, Talk & Text". Which is also not what the OP posted. Couldn't find that anywhere on their site.

Here is the coverage maps -non-android and android. The android map has a lot of white space.

http://www.straighttalk.com/Coverage

jimates said:   rmhop said:   jimates said:   rmhop said:   jimates said:   KayK said:   BYOD = Bring your own device. In this case, any GSM device will work. Probably has to be unlocked but not sure about that.

This is hot deal.

FAQ Section

No matter what the source, the statement is misleading. Straight Talk says "$45 per month – Unlimited Data, Talk & Text". Which is also not what the OP posted. Couldn't find that anywhere on their site.
why don't u just go ahead and post all the terms and conditions

I read through the terms and conditions and there are some pretty specific guidelines around data usage. What's bullshit is they assume that all P2P traffic is illegal and so they ban P2P outright but downloading "legally" obtained music is ok.

mcpagano said:   Here is the coverage maps -non-android and android. The android map has a lot of white space.

You're not buying an "Android" SIM card. You're buying either an AT&T network SIM card, or a T-Mobile network SIM card. The AT&T SIM can be used in an Android, older iPhone, or Windows GSM smartphone that is either an AT&T-issued phone or an unlocked phone that supports AT&T frequencies. The AT&T MicroSIM will work in newer GSM iPhones.

Whether or not you get 3G or 4G speeds depends on if your phone is built to support 4G speeds. If your AT&T phone supports HSPDA+, you'll get 4G, but not LTE.

If you're not at least a little bit "techie", don't order this SIM card. You have to change some settings in your phone to make it work, but they do give you instructions. However, I know technical instructions make some iProducts users queasy.

rmhop said:   jimates said:   rmhop said:   jimates said:   rmhop said:   jimates said:   KayK said:   BYOD = Bring your own device. In this case, any GSM device will work. Probably has to be unlocked but not sure about that.

This is hot deal.

FAQ Section

why don't u just go ahead and post all the terms and conditions
Why don't you give us an outline of all the things you don't think people should put in their posts. I click the quote button in the OP before my first post and you think I am automatically calling the OP a liar or something.

rmhop said:   alhluu said:   Any input on phone reception? My current AT&T iPhone bill is high. This will cut my bill in half.

That map didn't answer my question. Yes it covers, but how is the quality? MetroPCS covers my area, but they get random drop calls or statics/choppy calls. I google about ST and main complaint is regarding customer service. The phone reception seem to be bad for those who uses ST phones. I am planning on using my iPhone with ST. So far, no one have given any type of reviews for iPhone users, at least I was unable to find it.

palmettorover said:   I read through the terms and conditions and there are some pretty specific guidelines around data usage. What's bullshit is they assume that all P2P traffic is illegal and so they ban P2P outright but downloading "legally" obtained music is ok.

Most cellular plans ban any sort of streaming traffic that maintains a continuous data or voice feed. So operating a P2P client effectively makes your phone a server. Even most home internet plans ban operating a server or streaming data upload service on your computer.

mcpagano said:   Here is the coverage maps -non-android and android. The android map has a lot of white space.

That is not the same map provided for this sim only deal. That would relate only to Straight Talk phones.

Pageplus 1200 T&T for $30 is still a better plan if you aren't too lazy to manage your data.

do I need just the SIM or the SIM+Monthly Plan bundle ? Also, I am currently on a T-Mobile family plan. Any way I can get two phones onto this plan ?

alhluu said:   rmhop said:   alhluu said:   Any input on phone reception? My current AT&T iPhone bill is high. This will cut my bill in half.

That map didn't answer my question. Yes it covers, but how is the quality? MetroPCS covers my area, but they get random drop calls or statics/choppy calls. I google about ST and main complaint is regarding customer service. The phone reception seem to be bad for those who uses ST phones. I am planning on using my iPhone with ST. So far, no one have given any type of reviews for iPhone users, at least I was unable to find it.
it runs on AT&T network so reception is fine. I have used GoPhone, H2O Wireless, and Red Pocket who all operate on AT&T network and reception has never been an issue. This is with my iPhone 4 btw. I plan on running ST as well.

kinky said:   do I need just the SIM or the SIM+Monthly Plan bundle ? Also, I am currently on a T-Mobile family plan. Any way I can get two phones onto this plan ?each phone would be $45/month...there are no discounts if you have numerous lines. are you currently in contract on tmobile?

if you want to activate the sim you will need to also pay the monthly $45 fee otherwise the sim cannot be activated.

jimates said:   rmhop said:   jimates said:   rmhop said:   jimates said:   KayK said:   BYOD = Bring your own device. In this case, any GSM device will work. Probably has to be unlocked but not sure about that.

This is hot deal.

FAQ Section

I blame it on America Movil. Before the better phones came out recently, all StraightTalk type phones were cheap flip and candy bar phones that had very limited browsers. Using those phones with data plan was nearly impossible to rack up lots of data since videos, etc wasn't really feasible due to small screens and web usability. America movil hasn't updated thier advertising to take account for the smartphones that can eat data many times faster and have more media compatibility than the cheap phones. They need to update thier marketing plans and usability limits for the new phones.

cnIsfg said:   rmhop said:   nabixlholdings said:   wow, thanks op...

I had StraightTalk service since its inception, through the AT&T switchover, until June of last year when I switched to Page plus. During that time I used several different smart phones on StraightTalk. For the most part current StraightTalk data services for smart phones suck while those StraightTalk phones that are still grandfathered to the Verizon network work great. When StraightTalk switched over to AT&T as their primary provider in late 2010 their data services went downhill overnight. Bottom line, StraightTalk data services are NOT the same as getting a direct AT&T 3G plan. The way it was explained to me by StraightTalk CS is that they contract with the carrier (AT&T in this case) to buy their unused local network utilization. Some days you may get 3G while others you barely get old CDMA modem speeds. That is why they make no statements or guarantees of data speeds in any of their agreements.

1541 kbps downstream here on SpeedTest.net

alhluu said:   rmhop said:   alhluu said:   Any input on phone reception? My current AT&T iPhone bill is high. This will cut my bill in half.

This just rolled out today so no one knows yet. Most existing customers use Straight Talk phones. Some have used iPhones by using a sim swap method from a particular phone sold by Straight Talk. Of those users I don't think there have been any complaints.

Coverage is determined by the carrier, not Straight Talk. If At&t coverage is good then get an At&t sim, if T-Mobile is good then get a T-Mobile sim. If your phone is unlocked and you want to let them decide (which is not recommended) then choose an unlocked phone sim.

The worst that can happen is the coverage and data will be the same as the Go Phone and not the post paid service. Straight Talks parent company, Tracfone, provides their prepaid customers with the same coverage as post paid, not Go Phone.

Skipping 597 Messages...
jateshvarmani said:   OK so i have 2 Iphone 5 with ATT. My contrtact ends in about 2-3 months and im looking to get on the monthly program. What works best? Can i use the tmobile sim with this?

Straght Talk no longer offers ATT sims, they're all only T-Mobile now. In my comparison, the coverage area of T-Mobile is not as good as ATT. I have a few phones including an iphone on the ATT Straight Talk $45 plan. I had to jailbreak the iphone, and unlock the two Android phones to use Straight Talk. While there are a few hickups, and the service is not quite as good when I was on ATT contract plans, the savings are worth it.

The only place you can still get Straight Talk ATT sims is eBay. I'm not sure if you'll be able to find the really small sim for the iphone5 though.

Ebay Straight Talk ATT Sims

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014