• 112131415 16
  • Page
  • Text Only
Thank you!

Thank you!

rsmo2222 said:   LetsGoMets1 said:   So it's their fault you didn't read the terms. You have nobody to game but yourself. It's just like losing a gift card.

Your comment certainly fits your name, Cranky.

I copied and pasted the contract terms to MS Word. The contract is forty-two (42) pages of single-spaced text as a Word document. Why don't you go try and read it on their web site and see if you still feel the same? Do you read every word of every car rental agreement?

It is not like a gift card at all. I purchased twelve months of service. The phone is gone, not my remaining 11 months of service. I'm not asking them to replace the phone (and actually the theft of the phone will be covered by American Express). The minutes weren't stolen, just the phone. And in fact if you lose a gift card and have the proper information, the balance can be transferred to another gift card and the lost or stolen gift card can be deactivated.

I did briefly look at the contract, but the enormous single-spaced document wasn't worth two hours to read and study. It is an adhesion contract. It is non-negotiable if you want service. Terms of a contract that are unconscionable (like losing almost $500 worth of service that can easily be transferred to a new phone) will not be enforced by a court, particularly for adhesion contracts. I plan to report this to my state's attorney general's consumer protection division. I think they will be interested.

Since you appear to be a Mets fan, I can understand your crankiness. But a more appropriate comment would have been a simple "thank you" for my taking the time to warn others who may be considering purchasing a year of StraightTalk service. You're welcome.

did Straight Talk stop selling AT&T SIM cards?

emmd2001 said:   did Straight Talk stop selling AT&T SIM cards?

http://www.straighttalksim.com

Looks like ATT coverage to me.

Despite the obvious ATT coverage map, I found these terms...

No Refunds will be issued for this SIM Card or Service Card purchases. You will need a compatible GSM T-Mobile phone. You may also use an Unlocked GSM phone compatible with T-Mobile. This program/offering does not work with Straight Talk, TracFone, Net10, SafeLink, BlackBerry and/or CDMA phones. To Activate your service, you will need a Service Card. You may purchase a Service Card with a Debit card or Credit card. APN (Access Point Name) data settings must be updated on your phone. These settings can be found on our website at apn.straighttalksim.com. Updating your APN settings does not guarantee MMS (Multimedia/Picture Messaging) will work. MMS is dependent upon your phone modelís limitations.

They stopped selling AT&T sims weeks ago. On eBay they are going for $40-$60.

Glad I stocked up and have a backup AT&T micro-sim!

Slider said:   They stopped selling AT&T sims weeks ago. On eBay they are going for $40-$60.

RE:
On eBay they are going for $40-$60.

If only someone would have told me.

MODS should lock this thread because Straight Talk AT&T sim card is no longer available. Its just causing trouble to people who are buy
ST-TMO sims thinking they will work on AT&T

Straight Talk begins offering BYOD with Verizon phones beginning today (03/26/13) you purchase an "activation PIN" and a service card; Verizon phones ONLY no other carriers and unfortunately 3G only phones, no LTE devices will be allowed. Still, a nice alternative, if you can live with the slower data on Verizon. Just FYI.

More info on the Verizon deal: Link

yesidonoitall said:   Slider said:   They stopped selling AT&T sims weeks ago. On eBay they are going for $40-$60.

RE:
On eBay they are going for $40-$60.

If only someone would have told me.

No kidding, threw my old one away (regular SIM) when I got the 4S (micro SIM):/

I doubt that the data speed will be slower for most subscribers the way StraightTalk throttled the data. VZW 3G data is a consistent 1 - 2 mbps with the right equipment. When I tried StraightTalk with AT&T I was only getting 200 - 300 kbps.

cpabster said:   Straight Talk begins offering BYOD with Verizon phones beginning today (03/26/13) you purchase an "activation PIN" and a service card; Verizon phones ONLY no other carriers and unfortunately 3G only phones, no LTE devices will be allowed. Still, a nice alternative, if you can live with the slower data on Verizon. Just FYI.

When I looked at their site, it appears to me that they are switching to T-Mobile only and I don't see any AT&T SIM anymore.

thsze said:   When I looked at their site, it appears to me that they are switching to T-Mobile only and I don't see any AT&T SIM anymore.

That was so 26 seconds ago...

Actually, they removed the ATT SIMS back in January.

dpid said:   No kidding, threw my old one away (regular SIM) when I got the 4S (micro SIM):/

Don't lose sleep over it, old/used SIMs can't be reactivated

You could never get that much $ for a previously activated sim

Slider said:   dpid said:   No kidding, threw my old one away (regular SIM) when I got the 4S (micro SIM):/

Don't lose sleep over it, old/used SIMs can't be reactivated

You could never get that much $ for a previously activated sim

Thanks for making me feel better

I wonder if I should sell this AT&T micro SIM I have. I have that, a Tmob SIM and a $45 card I bought..wonder what that AT&T is worth...

so if I could get a used ATT sim that doesnt have service, it's not possible to re-activate it?

DirkDIggler said:   so if I could get a used ATT sim that doesnt have service, it's not possible to re-activate it?

Correct

yesidonoitall said:   + $4.95 to mail the sim to you....
Rip off

Not nearly as big a rip off as a 2-year commitment. I've got this on a Nexus 4, 4G speeds, native tether... Sorry, but it's pretty hard to beat.

dcg9381 said:   yesidonoitall said:   + $4.95 to mail the sim to you....
Rip off

Not nearly as big a rip off as a 2-year commitment. I've got this on a Nexus 4, 4G speeds, native tether... Sorry, but it's pretty hard to beat.

I never said it was a rip off....

Is anyone in Chicago area using ST with Tmobile SIM on their smartphones? I'd really appreciate if they share the speedtest.net results. Thanks!

dcg9381 said:   yesidonoitall said:   + $4.95 to mail the sim to you....
Rip off

Just watch the data use. ST seems to be throttling much quicker and more predictably since the demise of AT&T SIMs (BYOD). Their sister Net10 is now a hard 1.5GB per cycle cap. ST hasn't announced the same but there are numerous reports of throttling with pretty low data use (in some cases under 1GB per cycle)

Slider said:   They stopped selling AT&T sims weeks ago. On eBay they are going for $40-$60.

I see prices all over the map for SIMs on eBay. What is the difference between the $85 and $10 ones?

upengan78 said:   Is anyone in Chicago area using ST with Tmobile SIM on their smartphones? I'd really appreciate if they share the speedtest.net results. Thanks!

Il get 2.5mbps down 1.5mbps up during day and at night sometimes it peak over 4mbps and this is on 3G only phone.

dbphillips said:   Slider said:   They stopped selling AT&T sims weeks ago. On eBay they are going for $40-$60.

I see prices all over the map for SIMs on eBay. What is the difference between the $85 and $10 ones?

Make sure you are searching from "Straight Talk sim", then select AT&T and new on the left hand side. I don't see any $10 ones so those might be T-Mobile. Direct from the site, T-Mobile ones are $15

Make sure to buy from a reputable seller as well. Also note whether or not you need standard sim or micro sim. Google to figure out what your phone needs

Slider said:   dbphillips said:   Slider said:   They stopped selling AT&T sims weeks ago. On eBay they are going for $40-$60.

Make sure you are searching from "Straight Talk sim", then select AT&T and new on the left hand side. I don't see any $10 ones so those might be T-Mobile. Direct from the site, T-Mobile ones are $15

Make sure to buy from a reputable seller as well. Also note whether or not you need standard sim or micro sim. Google to figure out what your phone needs

Ah, you really have to read between the lines. The cheap ones are all Net 10.

I'm not looking to buy. I got SIMs for ST at $45/mo and TMo at $30/mo. Went with TMo, so I have an extra ST card.

Simonak222 said:   upengan78 said:   Is anyone in Chicago area using ST with Tmobile SIM on their smartphones? I'd really appreciate if they share the speedtest.net results. Thanks!

Il get 2.5mbps down 1.5mbps up during day and at night sometimes it peak over 4mbps and this is on 3G only phone.

Thank you sir.

I am getting with Tmobile postpaid on 4G, PING 66MS, DOWNLOAD - 5085 kbps, UPLOAD - 1256 kbps . That's inside a building in chi. downtown. I am thinking about switch'g to ST to save some money.

will my tmobile phone still work on tmobile if i unlock it?

acrokthompson said:   will my tmobile phone still work on tmobile if i unlock it?
yes

will a unlocked HTC 8X by verizon work on Straight Talk?

atillman said:   jrsmooth said:   So, I see that the SIM card itself is $15 each. Can I get the free phone, Motorola W418G refur., activate it with the $45 plan, then pop the SIM into my iPhone 4 after cutting it, and expect it to work? This way I get the SIM for (almost) free.

Thanks!

NO.

it has to be one of their Nokia smart phones, E71, E5 or 6xxx something, the other phone's sim card will be married to the phone it came in and it will not work.

Couldn't we do something like this to get an AT&T SIM for cheaper than we can get on eBay ($19.99 for a refurb e71)?

JWesCampbell said:   atillman said:   jrsmooth said:   So, I see that the SIM card itself is $15 each. Can I get the free phone, Motorola W418G refur., activate it with the $45 plan, then pop the SIM into my iPhone 4 after cutting it, and expect it to work? This way I get the SIM for (almost) free.

Thanks!

NO.

it has to be one of their Nokia smart phones, E71, E5 or 6xxx something, the other phone's sim card will be married to the phone it came in and it will not work.

Couldn't we do something like this to get an AT&T SIM for cheaper than we can get on eBay ($19.99 for a refurb e71)?

Really want to know if this is working. Should get some SIM early.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SIMs are limited to the respective network and will not roam to the other? I think there's only one MVNO that is Tmob but includes AT&T roaming.

Confirm?

beachfitrob said:   Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SIMs are limited to the respective network and will not roam to the other? I think there's only one MVNO that is Tmob but includes AT&T roaming.

Confirm?

which MVNO are you referring to?

I'm debating switching from ST to something else, as I am sick of their throttling. Looking at both PlatinumTel and Lycamobile, but not sure yet. Will appreciate any thoughts/recommendations!

OK so i have 2 Iphone 5 with ATT. My contrtact ends in about 2-3 months and im looking to get on the monthly program. What works best? Can i use the tmobile sim with this?

beachfitrob said:   Correct me if I'm wrong, but the SIMs are limited to the respective network and will not roam to the other? I think there's only one MVNO that is Tmob but includes AT&T roaming.

Confirm?

I can neither confirm nor deny

jateshvarmani said:   OK so i have 2 Iphone 5 with ATT. My contrtact ends in about 2-3 months and im looking to get on the monthly program. What works best? Can i use the tmobile sim with this?

Straght Talk no longer offers ATT sims, they're all only T-Mobile now. In my comparison, the coverage area of T-Mobile is not as good as ATT. I have a few phones including an iphone on the ATT Straight Talk $45 plan. I had to jailbreak the iphone, and unlock the two Android phones to use Straight Talk. While there are a few hickups, and the service is not quite as good when I was on ATT contract plans, the savings are worth it.

The only place you can still get Straight Talk ATT sims is eBay. I'm not sure if you'll be able to find the really small sim for the iphone5 though.

Ebay Straight Talk ATT Sims

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014