Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

NetGear WNR2000
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Wonder if it's version 1 (no dd-wrt) or version 2

sweet. It is 14.99 now. Green for OP.

In for 1, hoping for a v2. Thanks OP!

Got this on sale for 14.99 a few weeks ago, terrible router imo , constantly dropped ipod and PS3 connections.

xkayos said:   Got this on sale for 14.99 a few weeks ago, terrible router imo , constantly dropped ipod and PS3 connections.v1 or v2? Did you try DD-WRT firmware?

24.99 now

Just remember, this unit has standard ethernet ports, NOT gigabit ethernet ports (for those devices that you might want to use wired connections).

Shipping is kinda slow. Not scheduled for delivery until next Tuesday, a full week after placing the order. For comparison, I ordered a modem from Amazon several hours after ordering this router and I received it yesterday...

I know this is probably not the best place to ask this question, but by some of the comments I thought that someone would probably be able to give me some advice. My church is going to be switching from DSL to Cable for high speed internet. I completely understand the basics, but wanted some suggestions. The cable modem, wireless router and ethernet router will all be located on the second floor of our main building. Currently we get a minimal signal in a couple of rooms downstairs with our very old wireless g router, so I am hoping switching to wireless N will increase the signal in these areas a little. Also, our sanctuary has a wired connection by ethernet cable run all the way from the router to the sound room and I would like to add a second wireless router to the end of this ethernet cable to have a wireless internet access throughout the sanctuary. Our budget is VERY small. Can I simply hook up a wireless router on the end of the ethernet cable going to the sound room and get a second wireless access point or is there another way to do this for cheap? Thank you for any thoughful, non-flaming, replies!

$10 + S&H now, only a few hours left:
http://1saleaday.com/wireless/

donrull said:    Can I simply hook up a wireless router on the end of the ethernet cable going to the sound room and get a second wireless access point or is there another way to do this for cheap? You need to put a router on the end of your ethernet connection, and then, depending on how far the signal goes, you need a bridge repeater to boost the range. The cool thing about this current router, that if it will be V2 version, it can be flashed with dd-wrt firmware, which will add bridge repeater mode. So if you bought two of these, you can use one for transmitting where your internet comes in as a regular wireless router (btw, dsl/cable the difference will be what kind of modem you have to use, netgear wrn2000 wont be able to serve as modem). amd anpther in bridge mode half way to the area, where you cant get a signal. Hope it makes sense.

Thank you!

Did anyone get a v3 as stated in the ad? Mine is a v1...

mine was also V1 - damn

Just to let you all know...I emailed the seller to complain about getting a v1 when the ad stated v3 and asked about returning the unit and they promptly offered me a $5 refund to keep the router. Well, the router seems to be working just fine so I figured I could live with a v1 for a net price of just $10 (got it initially for $15).

YMMV.

got v2. All good.

I got v2. However, my laptop had problem connecting to the router. It can see it, but not be able to connect to it wirelessly. If I use a network cable to connect my laptop to the router, it works fine.
When I set up the router, I did not do anything except updating the firmware as prompted by the router.
Does anybody have the some experience? Is this really because I got a bad router or I missed something?

Thank you in advance for any help.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014