• Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

LG Quantum C900
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Do I have to purchase a service to use this phone?
Can I use it with a prepaid card?
Can I just use the wi-fi for surfing ... (more)

kingsmen (Feb. 23, 2012 @ 12:02p) |

You should be able to use this phone with a Go Phone Card (or any other GSM card if you don't want 3G). Most GSM smartph... (more)

techpig (Feb. 23, 2012 @ 4:09p) |

You should be able to use this phone with a Go-Phone plan (or any other GSM card if you don't want 3G).
Most GSM smartpho... (more)

techpig (Feb. 23, 2012 @ 4:09p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › LG
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Windows 7 is a great mobile OS. Thanks OP!

For GSM carriers.

"I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Windows 7 is a great mobile OS. Thanks OP!"

Tell why Microsoft does not have Office Communicator on Windows 7 phone?
Tell why can't I access any drives directly other than ZUNE Desktop Software?
Tell why can't I install Windows Mobile(6.X) programs on it?

Tell me why should i buy this crap when I can get an Andoid phone with simmilar price. Microsft should stop chasing to grab some pie on Mobile space instead they can focus improving windows core os.

I was happy with my windows mobile 6.x no way i was happy with Windows mobile 7. I dumped my HTC Surround on craigslist.

lkdash said:   "I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Windows 7 is a great mobile OS. Thanks OP!"

Tell me why should i buy this crap when I can get an Andoid phone with simmilar price. Microsft should stop chasing to grab some pie on Mobile space instead they can focus improving windows core os.

I was happy with my windows mobile 6.x no way i was happy with Windows mobile 7. I dumped my HTC Surround on craigslist.

I second the notion that Windows Phone 7 is a great mobile OS. In fact, we dumped my wife's Android device for Windows Phone 7.5 and we both agree that the Windows device is much better. In some ways it bests iOS. I do agree that Windows Mobile 6.x was very bad, but Windows Phone 7 is not an iteration of Windows Mobile 6.x and this is why you cannot install Windows Mobile apps on Windows Phone. Why would you want to do this anyway? Windows Mobile apps were horrible for phones and relied on ActiveSync or even more primitive means to install.

Tell me why Google does not have Office Communicator on Android phone?
Tell me why I can't change my Exchange Activesync password on Android device and am forced to delete and re-add the account when my password changes (due to company policy)?
Tell me why I can't install Linux apps on Android phones?

Google should stop trying to grab some of the pie in the mobile space and instead they can focus on improving search.

lkdash said:   "I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Windows 7 is a great mobile OS. Thanks OP!"

Interesting you chose to complain about not being able to install older programs considering Android is more fragmented than any other mobile OS - lot of compatibility issues not only across OS versions (froyo, gingerbread, ics, honeycomb) but also between devices. I'm also intrigued to hear that you liked WinMo6.x. You're probably the first person I've heard of to praise it.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about the Win7.5 Mango. I hear a lot of great things about it and I've liked what I saw on demo devices. I've been waiting for the Nokia Lumia 800, but am getting tired of waiting. No way I'm paying $900 to get it with the extra speakers and headphones. Any idea whether you could load Mango onto this device?

Oh, and since this is "GSM 850/900/1800/1900" Tmobile 3G would work right?

Yuyak said:   lkdash said:   "I've said it before, and I'll say it again: Windows 7 is a great mobile OS. Thanks OP!"

Interesting you chose to complain about not being able to install older programs considering Android is more fragmented than any other mobile OS - lot of compatibility issues not only across OS versions (froyo, gingerbread, ics, honeycomb) but also between devices. I'm also intrigued to hear that you liked WinMo6.x. You're probably the first person I've heard of to praise it.

Anyway, I'm pretty excited about the Win7.5 Mango. I hear a lot of great things about it and I've liked what I saw on demo devices. I've been waiting for the Nokia Lumia 800, but am getting tired of waiting. No way I'm paying $900 to get it with the extra speakers and headphones. Any idea whether you could load Mango onto this device?

Oh, and since this is "GSM 850/900/1800/1900" Tmobile 3G would work right?

If I'm not mistaken, Mango was rolled out for all devices and the device should search for it when you first connect it to your "zune" desktop program. Even my Dell Venue Pro which shipped with regular 7 was able to be upgraded to Mango, and that phone is largely forgotten.

Ok, don't buy it. Thanks for dropping by this thread!

Can this phone upgraded to Windows 8 or cyanogenmod 7/9?

Does anyone know if this would work with Simple Mobile ???
It's not listed on their approved phone list.
Thanks in advance

Can I use this in Europe/Asia if I buy a local SIM card in those region?

I don't know if it works the other way around but I have bought unlocked phones from UK and they worked with my US sim. Thanks OP .

babylon5 said:   Can I use this in Europe/Asia if I buy a local SIM card in those region?

these are quadband phones. So, GSM should work. Meaning you can make calls. Now for 3g data service, it becomes tricky. For eg.AT&T phones dont work on Tmobile for 3g/4g. You have to investigate.

If you are using wifi, above issues of 3g/4g wont bother you.

anyone know how bad the camera is on this phone? I read on some of the review its pretty bad.

I have this phone and it's great!

The camera does suck. It's slow to snap, it's slow to focus, and it has terrible color and quality.

It is an AT&T phone and is unlocked, so it uses 14.4 AT&T frequencies (just as fast as the iPhone 4S speeds) but is only 2G on T-Mobile. You can still make a phone call and text and do slow data on T-Mobile. Wifi is still available, though.

Run the LG Network Setup app (free) so you can get MMS if you use T-Mobile.

It is upgradable to Mango (7.5) and it's awesome! The speed of the phone is very good, media playback is very good, podcasting is done well. The hardware itself is quite robust and the slider is very nice to use one handed.

Battery life is not bad. You can get a whole day without BT enabled and with minimal video playback.

Integration with Office and Skydrive is surprisingly good.

I have used Palm OS, WebOS, iOS, Android, Windows Mobile, and now Windows Phone and this is the best mobile platform I have used.

i don't like Windows phone, A small number of applications

what carrier do you recommend for this unlocked device? i'm preferring plan w/o contract. Thanks!

If you need 3G speeds, you are limited to AT&T and their no-contract plans. If you don't care, go T-Mobile or some other small carrier for their plans.

There is that Simple Plan or whatever that's $45 for unlimited everything with either AT&T or T-Mobile frequencies and no contract. Might want to look at that.

Yes this is a problem, but I use my phone to talk and text and sometimes check my email. Any smartphone will do that just fine. The keyboard and stability of this OS as well as the speed of shutdown and startup suit this type of user well.

Does it come with any warranty? Advertised as new so it should but no mention of the warranty except to the SquareTrade's one.

Do I have to purchase a service to use this phone?
Can I use it with a prepaid card?
Can I just use the wi-fi for surfing without sevice?
I want to play the game "Audio Drop" but I am not a heavy phone user.
Thanks

You should be able to use this phone with a Go Phone Card (or any other GSM card if you don't want 3G). Most GSM smartphones (like this one)works with a GSM network (ATT,TMobile, etc. NOT Verizon/Sprint). So the answer is yes.

I did that with an Atrix on eBay. At least on android you don't need a SIM card to use the internet (just use wifi). Might try this with my moms Go Phone Plan.

You should be able to use this phone with a Go-Phone plan (or any other GSM card if you don't want 3G).
Most GSM smartphones (like this one) work with a GSM network (ATT,TMobile, etc. NOT Verizon/Sprint). So the answer is yes.

I did that with an Atrix on eBay. At least on android you don't need a SIM card to use the internet (just use wifi). Might try this with my moms Go-Phone plan.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014