• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Loving Pets 100% Natural Dog Treats 5-Pack of Different Flavors
(1pk) 6oz Apple/Chicken Wraps
(1pk) 8oz Carrot/Chicken Wraps
(1pk) 6oz Banana/Chicken Wraps
(1pk) 8oz Sweet Potato/Chicken Wraps
(1pk) 8oz Sweet Potato Biscuit/Chicken Wraps.

They usually go for $8-$10 a pack on Amazon

Current Sale Price for 5 Packs $12.99 + $6.49 shipping

http://www.amazon.com/Loving-Pets-100%25-Natural-Treats/dp/B009B...

Member Summary

Loving Pets
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
i think i got a different brand but my dog didn't knoww what to do with the banana chip chicken treats but he loves them... (more)

tanner12oz (Sep. 18, 2012 @ 10:37a) |

say what???

aarzi (Sep. 18, 2012 @ 3:55p) |

Hey guys..I received my order today and the the expiration date on my shipment was early Feb 2013. The previous seller s... (more)

mrcutiebear (Sep. 19, 2012 @ 8:57p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

thanks Its hard to find good made in the usa dog treats that won't break the bank

Hi, EasyReader Your welcome =) My order arrive today via USPS 2nd Day Mail and I can't wait to get home to see how my little guy likes them.

What is the catch - expiration date? Did the dog like them?

Out of the 10 Packs that I bought there were 6 packs that expires on March 2013 while the other 4 packs where May 2013 and on the website I CP'ed the FAQ w/ the Q & A's below. I just gave my pup the Sweet Potato & Chicken flavored snack and he was sniffing it at first and the then licked it a couple of times before he started to chew it into little pieces and then scarfed it up in his little corner. When I tried to grab it back from his he started to get excited so I think he must have enjoyed it b/c he ate it up really quickly. The actual snack looks like the something that you would expect to purchase from a WholeFoods store and to be honest if it was not labeled as a doggie snack then you would actually think its for humans. Lolz.

Here's the C&P from the LP website FAQ:

Q: How long do your treats last?
Our treats have a best by date printed on the bags. They can remain good well beyond the best by date as long as air or moisture is not introduced to the products.

Q: How does your product stay good without preservatives?
Many of our treats contain Vitamin C which is a natural preservative. Our product is also sealed to lock in freshness and has an air packet to remove air from the package. By doing this, we prevent moisture and air inside the packaging which preserves the treats perfectly.

These treats are not made in the US. According to the Loving Pets website, they are "tested here in the USA." I won't buy treats not from here. There are too many reports of dogs getting sick. Why risk it?

From their webpage:

Where are your gourmet treats made?
Most of our treats are made in South America and Asia. In particular, our Gourmet treats are made in China. Most people see China and say “Oh no, here we go” or “Not for my dog”. When products from China came under scrutiny, Loving Pets became proactive. We immediately began product testing with our “Tested in the USA” program. We didn’t decide to do this because we had to, but because we wanted to. Our dogs are like family to us and they enjoy Loving Pets’ treats. We want to feel safe giving our treats to our own dogs as well to yours. Unlike most companies, we share the test result with our customers. There are three tests performed on our products: First, at the factory where they are created. Second, by the USDA and third by an independent lab in the United States. The final lab results are posted on our site for all to see.

Well on the one hand these are not usa made. On the other hand, our dog loves these things. He rolls around on the floor, tosses them in the air and makes them his bff.

The price got a few dollars cheaper since I first made my purchase but too bad I live in a small closet sized apartment in NY where space is super limited and I have no extra room to get any additional packs. I did allot of Google research prior to purchasing these treats to make sure that it was safe b/c I'm super cautious and my pup has since been begging me every day for them b/c he knows where I hide them and always runs to the front of my cabinets and starts to bark at them. Lolz...its really wild and he does not stop barking until he gets his treat.

Wow...It's still alive...I'll give it a shot...Thnx OP =)

I'm in for 2 since the reviews are pretty good and plus they advertise like crazy on the radio. I've always wanted to see what the hype is all about with this product b/c its sounds like a healthy alternative to the mystery meat treats that other company's offer for sale. Thanks OP

Thank you

These thing's sounds soooooo good that it might even be fit for human consumption.....LOLZ!!!! I'm in for some! TY OP!

I'LL Give it a go !

in for 1

thanks!

I just got my stuff in the mail and everything looks great and the its fresh until late 2013. I see that on Amazon they have the meats strips and does any body know how they would compare to these wraps?

I actually purchased the meat strips too which were good but my little guy loves the variety of the 5 pack & plus this one is still a better deal.

These are like Scooby Snacks for my dog...Great Post!

Nice Deal...

My friend just asked me about these snacks and I as soon as I went to re-order I noticed that the price was $1 cheaper than what I previously purchased them for. Since the weather has been pretty hot recently I have to find a nice cool place to store them to ensure that they remain as fresh as possible. I hope they have a better online deal for the upcoming 4th of July holiday.

Still available. Thanks OP.

I would like to buy these for a family dog that I visit about once a month. He spent a lot of quality time with me as a pup, and he remembers that and gets excited to see me every time, even though I am empty-handed. I have a couple of questions:

- how much can I give to him at a time without spoiling him or overfeeding him?
- for how long will the treat be edible once the pouch is opened?

Thanks!

Unlike some FWers, I was not impatient. For some reason, FW auto double-posted, so I am editing to state that.

Hi Aarzi, On their official website they have an FAQ http://www.lovingpetsproducts.com/faq and it says that the snacks can remain good well beyond the best by date as long as air or moisture is not introduced to the products. If you keep them in a air tight jar or a vacuum sealed bag then they should good for a very very very long time. As for how much to you can feed him in one sitting. Its best to keep it to 1 or 2 pcs a day as a rewards for good behavior b/c it should not be a substituted for his normal food. I hope your lil guy enjoys these as much as my lil pup does. Sweet potato is his favorite. Enjoy! =)

It's back instock but this other seller has the shipping for $6.49 instead of the original $6.48 and I'm not sure if they offer combined shipping b/c I only purchase one set this time. I've updated the thread to reflect this. Enjoy Guys! =)

mrcutiebear said:   It's back instock but this other seller has the shipping for $6.49 instead of the original $6.48 and I'm not sure if they offer combined shipping b/c I only purchase one set this time. I've updated the thread to reflect this. Enjoy Guys! =)Shipping is increased by $1.50 with each additional.

Problem is, this seller has a rating of only 93% positive with 145 ratings within the last 12 months. I don't have a good feeling about it. Perhaps expired stuff, or close to expiring...

fisherman11223 said:   I'm in for 2 since the reviews are pretty good and plus they advertise like crazy on the radio. I've always wanted to see what the hype is all about with this product b/c its sounds like a healthy alternative to the mystery meat treats that other company's offer for sale. Thanks OP

Advertising like crazy on the radio is now a way to judge quality?

peepsiemom said:   fisherman11223 said:   I'm in for 2 since the reviews are pretty good and plus they advertise like crazy on the radio. I've always wanted to see what the hype is all about with this product b/c its sounds like a healthy alternative to the mystery meat treats that other company's offer for sale. Thanks OP

Advertising like crazy on the radio is now a way to judge quality?
No.
- I'm in for 2 since the reviews are pretty good
- they advertise like crazy on the radio. (so) I've always wanted to see what the hype is all about

I don't want to seem over-reactive, but I am no longer buying any food for man or beast that comes from China. It takes only one bad batch to bring about a serious problem. Until China gets their food chain safety issues worked out, I won't buy.

i think i got a different brand but my dog didn't knoww what to do with the banana chip chicken treats but he loves them now...way better then whatever crap put into a bone mold that is on the store shelves

say what???

Hey guys..I received my order today and the the expiration date on my shipment was early Feb 2013. The previous seller sent me stuff with the expiration date from March of 2013. I guess its all good as long as its fresh. Plus the stuff has gone through extensive testing that what the company says and my pup is more alive than ever when he has these snacks so what ever doesn't hurt him can only make him stronger. These things still look safer than the stuff that the processed foods that we humans eat...LOL...... =D

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014