Error

The message you are trying to link to is not in this topic.

Amazon Instant Video Rentals $.99

Archived From: Hot Deals
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
This thread is for good Amazon Instant Video Rentals for $.99. I didn't put any movies in the title because Amazon puts movies for $.99 for a few hours or days, and then they go back to $3.99 or whatever. I got in on a some good ones this way. You have 30 days to watch them, but once you start watching, you get 24 or 48 hours to finish. Just post to this thread when you find a good one! Movies are listed below and in thread.

Member Summary

Movie
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
"2 Days in New York" is now free with Prime Instant Video!!

rmi65700 (Mar. 27, 2013 @ 11:26p) |

Good Will Hunting (15th Anniversary) [HD] 4.2 out of 5 stars R
Will Hunting, a janitor at MIT, has a gift for mathemat... (more)

Princeman (Apr. 11, 2013 @ 12:45a) |

Amazon Instant Video Half Year Sale Half Yearly Sale Thanks to AndyK
$.99 Mirror Mirror, Da Vinci Code, Limitless, Hell... (more)

Princeman (Jul. 02, 2013 @ 10:52a) |

Instant Video Deals

Q: Are there any $.99 rental deals for this weekend?
A: The weekday rental deals are $.99 and the weekend deals are $1.99. But you can pay for the weekday deals the day they're offered and view them in any 24-hour window (including weekend days) within 30 days of purchase.

$.99 rentals

Current $.99 rentals:

Catfish 3.8 out of 5 stars

Sparkle 3.9 out of 5 stars

Amelie (English Subtitled) 4.6 out of 5 stars

Gone Baby Gone 4.0 out of 5 stars

Iron Sky 3.5 out of 5 stars

Cleanskin 3.4 out of 5 stars
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

When these online rentals get to Red Box price I will go with them! As of now, so overpriced as is Pay for View movies

Arwood said:   When these online rentals get to Red Box price I will go with them! As of now, so overpriced as is Pay for View moviesRedbox requires gas+time on both rental and return. How much is that worth? $.50 more? $2.50 more? Doesn't seem so expensive with that perspective.

But yes, it'd be awesome if these prices got to redbox levels. It's a cheaper distribution method too.

Arwood said:   When these online rentals get to Red Box price I will go with them! As of now, so overpriced as is Pay for View movies
doesn't the 99c rentals beat Redbox?

That's odd, today I see The Guard listed as the 99c DotD.

GeorgeGarman said:   Arwood said:   When these online rentals get to Red Box price I will go with them! As of now, so overpriced as is Pay for View movies
doesn't the 99c rentals beat Redbox?

Yes.

With Gas near 4.00 per gallon, redbox is only a deal if you can walk or bike. Every mile will cost an average of .20 on average car....not including the wear on the car. Then add in the late fees. Then add in the inability to get the title you want.....or you get the dvd home and it won't play. Amazon has really good deals on reg basis.....without the hassle. BTW.... Physical
dvd rentals earn money on late fees, not so much on the rental

Just to point out for those that don't know. Redbox does have an app for Android that allows you to see what is actually in stock in each Redbox near you to save the trip or make it if your hunting for a particular title. Never use redbox but I thought that was a sweet deal for those that want to save a trip.

with Redbox kiosks all over the place.. it hardly requires any special trip to get a DVD.. just a few steps from the door of almost any supermarket or Drugstore you are shopping at anyways.. and late fees? none that I know of.. and if you reserve in advance you always get what you want... at a lower price.. and ALL their movies are at a low price ALL the time.. not just the dribs and drabs on Amazon... try adding in the cost of your time waiting around for something you want to see to get to 99c on Amazon... and you see where the real deal is at..

how long do you think it will be before Hugo or In Time will get to 1.28 on Amazon like they are on Redbox now... reserved and waiting at the supermarket where I'll be headed to pick up dinner anyways..

and a DVD or BluRay disk has so much more content and a much better picture than any streaming alternative...

I just use our library They constantly have the latest DVDs - just watched Drive last night.

My library also has DVD's and lots of books...

But the books always jam my DVD player...

aheda said:   I just use our library They constantly have the latest DVDs - just watched Drive last night.At my library, the hold queue on movies is months long and when I put a bunch in my queue, they have an unfortunate tendency to show up 4 at a time, after a 4-week stretch of none at all. There's also a $1 a day fine for returning DVDs late... positively Blockbusterish! That's why I switched to Netflix, the nuisance factor of the library made the price a poor value.

Back on topic, if you follow @AmazonVideo on Twitter, you can get alerted to the 99 cent streaming video deals of the day.

Derffie said:   with Redbox kiosks all over the place.. it hardly requires any special trip to get a DVD.. just a few steps from the door of almost any supermarket or Drugstore you are shopping at anyways.. and late fees? none that I know of.. and if you reserve in advance you always get what you want... at a lower price.. and ALL their movies are at a low price ALL the time.. not just the dribs and drabs on Amazon... try adding in the cost of your time waiting around for something you want to see to get to 99c on Amazon... and you see where the real deal is at..

how long do you think it will be before Hugo or In Time will get to 1.28 on Amazon like they are on Redbox now... reserved and waiting at the supermarket where I'll be headed to pick up dinner anyways..

and a DVD or BluRay disk has so much more content and a much better picture than any streaming alternative...
Your points are noted. Indeed, I think anyone here can judge the pros/cons on their own. But I would still like to make a few facetious comments:

and late fees? none that I know of..These would be the charges for each day you don't return the DVD. No time or money cost of returns with streaming.

not just the dribs and drabs on Amazon...I wouldn't consider a local redbox to be the king of selection, hits, and variety...!

waiting around for something you want to see to get to 99c on Amazon...My point is that even at full price, a streamed $3.99 movie isn't so expensive even compared to $1.29.

reserved and waiting at the supermarket where I'll be headed to pick up dinner anyways..Rental yes, but what about that return? Are you headed there for dinner the next day? Isn't that why refrigerators were invented?

I'm actually signed up for the monthly redbox free movie rental codes but haven't redeemed them for over a year. For me, even free is often not worth the actual costs involved.

samsa said:   your title is plural but you mention one movie...

Up to two movies so far, The Guard and the Judy Moody movie. Yup, hoped this would become a Instant Video movie thread. Search for previous Instant Video threads and you'll see there is a new bargain movie about each week. Most have their own thread. Previous threads expired and get moved out of Hot Deals. The Guard may be gone tomorrow.

Edit: Judy Moody back up to $3.99 now. Now have The Scorpion King 3 with not great reviews for $.99, Linkazon

"You have 30 days to complete watching this 48-hour rental. You can choose to 'Watch Now' or 'Download' it to a compatible device. If you choose to 'Watch Now', you will start instantly streaming the video on your computer and you may later stream it on another compatible device." Some are 24-hour rentals.

Was it just me or did anyone have trouble streaming HD content with Amazon, SD was fine. I have comcrap blast and was streaming via my Panny TV. Netflix HD is nearly flawless, but the Amazon HD was almost unwatchable.

nneelix said:   Was it just me or did anyone have trouble streaming HD content with Amazon, SD was fine. I have comcrap blast and was streaming via my Panny TV. Netflix HD is nearly flawless, but the Amazon HD was almost unwatchable.

Amazon's HD has always looked like crap for me. Netflix on the other hand looks great with either SD or HD.

Amazon is just pure garbage on the SD. I use a DMP-BD210 Panny Blu-ray player for streaming.

You can only stream Amazon's HD content with a Amazon on Demand device. If you stream to any computer it is SD quality.

it's so gross when you guys say "panny"

nneelix said:   Was it just me or did anyone have trouble streaming HD content with Amazon, SD was fine. I have comcrap blast and was streaming via my Panny TV. Netflix HD is nearly flawless, but the Amazon HD was almost unwatchable.

I have not seen this problem on Roku connection.

Todays 99c rental:
The Scorpion King 3: Battle for Redemption
2.4 out of 5 stars See all reviews (33 customer reviews)
This follow up to the very successful Scorpion King 2: Rise of a Warrior, continues to chronicle the adventures of The Scorpion King, Mathayus. In this third installment, he's a mercenary for hire, accepting an assignment to protect a beleaguered King. But things are not as they seem, and he ...

Starring: Victor Webster, Bostin Christopher
Directed by: Roel Reiné
Runtime: 1 hour 46 minutes
Studio: Universal Pictures

3/1 Don't Be Afraid of the Dark
2.8 out of 5 stars See all reviews (84 customer reviews)
Sally, a young girl, moves in to the 19th-century mansion her father and his new girfriend are restoring. But soon Sally starts to hear voices coming from creatures in the basement whose hidden agenda is to claim her as one of their own.

Starring: Katie Holmes, Guy Pearce
Directed by: Troy Nixey
Runtime: 1 hour 40 minutes
Release year: 2011
Studio: Miramax Films

Moneyball now $.99

Brad Pitt stars in this film about Oakland A's general manager Billy Beane and his attempt to put together a baseball club on a budget by employing computer-generated analysis to draft his players.
Starring: Brad Pitt, Jonah Hill
Directed by: Bennett Miller
Runtime: 2 hours 14 minutes
Studio: Columbia Pictures

Linkazon

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows - Part 2 3.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (990 customer reviews)
In the epic finale, Harry Potter may be called upon to make the ultimate sacrifice as he draws closer to the climactic showdown with Lord Voldemort. It all ends here.
Starring: Daniel Radcliffe, Rupert Grint
Directed by: David Yates
Runtime: 2 hours 11 minutes
Studio: Warner Bros.

Linkazon

Redbox or not I sure like to have a movie I want to watch on hold for 30 days and for only .99. I am in for Moneyball. Thanks.

Vudu also has .99 movie of the day everyday.

3/8 Another Earth
3.7 out of 5 stars See all reviews (102 customer reviews)
On the night of the discovery of a duplicate planet in the solar system, an ambitious young student and an accomplished composer cross paths in a tragic accident.

Starring: Brit Marling, William Mapother
Directed by: Mike Cahill
Runtime: 1 hour 33 minutes
Studio: Fox Searchlight

Our Idiot Brother (R)

Everyone has one: Ned (Paul Rudd) means well, but has no common sense. When he barges into the lives of his three sisters, hilarity ensues.
Starring: Paul Rudd, Elizabeth Banks
Directed by: Jesse Peretz
Runtime: 1 hour 30 minutes
Studio: The Weinstein Company

Linkazon $.99

3:10 To Yuma (2007) 3.9 out of 5 stars See all reviews (441 customer reviews)
An update of the 1957 Western, 3:10 TO YUMA pairs two of today's finest actors, Academy Award winner Russell Crowe and Christian Bale, as an infamous outlaw and the struggling rancher who volunteers to deliver him to justice.
Starring: Russell Crowe, Christian Bale
Directed by: James Mangold
Runtime: 2 hours 3 minutes
Release year: 2007
Studio: Lionsgate

Linkazon $.99

Larry Crowne 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (91 customer reviews)
Tom Hanks and Julia Roberts star in this optimistic comedy about how when you think everything worth having has passed you by, you just might find your reason to live.
Starring: Tom Hanks, Julia Roberts
Directed by: Tom Hanks
Runtime: 1 hour 39 minutes
Studio: NBCU

$.99 Linkazon

Cars 2 Rated G
3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (405 customer reviews)
From Disney and Pixar comes a laugh-out-loud adventure - Cars 2!
Starring: Owen Wilson, Larry The Cable Guy
Directed by: John Lasseter
Runtime: 1 hour 47 minutes
Studio: Walt Disney Pictures

3/22 $.99 Linkazon

Anonymous 3.5 out of 5 stars See all reviews (56 customer reviews) Rating PG-13
Set in the political snake-pit of Elizabethan England, ANONYMOUS speculates on an issue that has for centuries intrigued academics and brilliant minds... who was the author of the plays credited to William Shakespeare?
Starring: Rhys Ifans, Vanessa Redgrave
Directed by: Roland Emmerich
Runtime: 2 hours 10 minutes
Studio: Columbia Pictures

$.99 Linkazon

Drive 99c

A Hollywood stunt performer (Ryan Gosling) who moonlights as a wheelman discovers that a contract has been put on him after a heist gone wrong.
Starring: Ryan Gosling, Carey Mulligan
Directed by: Nicolas Winding Refn
Runtime: 1 hour 41 minutes

Killer Elite 3.3 out of 5 stars See all reviews (60 customer reviews) Rated R
When two of the world's most elite operatives -- Danny, a retired contract killer (Jason Statham), and Hunter, his longtime mentor (Robert De Niro) -- go up against the cunning leader of a secret military society (Clive Owen), their hunt takes them around the globe from Australia to Paris, London, ... and the Middle East.
Starring: Jason Statham, Clive Owen
Directed by: Gary McKendry
Runtime: 1 hour 57 minutes

$.99 Linkazon

Rise Of The Planet of the Apes 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (422 customer reviews) (PG-13)
Born in a research lab, raised by a suburban couple, and banished to an animal rescue ranch after he attacks a neighbor, a super-intelligent "alpha male" chimp leads fellow apes in a rebellion.
Starring: James Franco, Freida Pinto
Directed by: Rupert Wyatt
Runtime: 1 hour 45 minutes
Studio: Fox

$.99 Linkazon

Mr. Popper's Penguins 4.1 out of 5 stars See all reviews (119 customer reviews) (PG)
An uptight NYC man (Jim Carrey) is stuck taking care of six penguins who have been mistakenly left at his doorstep.
Starring: Jim Carrey, Carla Gugino
Directed by: Mark Waters
Runtime: 1 hour 35 minutes
Studio: Fox

$.99 Linkazon

I watched this one repeatedly! Thread closing in on 10000 views! Thanks and enjoy!

$0.99 Instant Video Deal of the Day
Today only, rent The Debt with Helen Mirren for just $0.99.

The Debt
Helen Mirren and Tom Wilkinson star in this riveting suspense thriller that Scott Mantz of Access Hollywood calls "gripping, smart and unforgettable! A must-see!"

Netflix honestly has more choices overall and you get a lot of the content in your subscription that you still have to pay for with Amazon (especially some TV shows). I have them both and honestly use my Amazon account more for renting (and the occasional purchase) where as Netflix I use for my daily viewing habits. They're both good services, but its really going to depend on what your going to use the service for (once in a while viewing or daily).

ChozenOne said:   Netflix honestly has more choices overall and you get a lot of the content in your subscription that you still have to pay for with Amazon (especially some TV shows). I have them both and honestly use my Amazon account more for renting (and the occasional purchase) where as Netflix I use for my daily viewing habits. They're both good services, but its really going to depend on what your going to use the service for (once in a while viewing or daily).

Agree. I have Netflix, Hulu (free trial), and Amazon Prime and I hardly ever use Amazon Prime.

Netflix for every day watching of movies and older TV shows
Hulu for current network TV shows and some odd ball movies (they have tons)
Amazon only if I can't find what I'm looking for on the other two.

Skipping 185 Messages...
Amazon Instant Video Half Year Sale Half Yearly Sale Thanks to AndyK
$.99 Mirror Mirror, Da Vinci Code, Limitless, Hellboy, and a bunch more, see link... Click Rentals Starting at $.99...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014