• Page :
  • 1
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Nexus i9250 GSM 16GB
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
This link should explain the firmware issue
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/is-the-galaxy-nexus-still-...

Also, read... (more)

josejohn (Mar. 01, 2012 @ 10:09p) |

Anyone received shipping notification or the product yet?

rikiaic (Mar. 08, 2012 @ 12:30p) |

not yet! from my past experieces, u wont get it so soon, probably another week.

bulletban (Mar. 08, 2012 @ 1:47p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Sliver or white?!

Awesome price for an awesome phone. I paid over $600 and love it!!

really want it but i dont know if i can trust daily steals with a big ticket product. any suggestions

jatt1no said:   really want it but i dont know if i can trust daily steals with a big ticket product. any suggestions
They had it a month or two ago. May want to find the thread to see what people experienced.

Edit:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/expired-deals/1158313/

As legit as you can ask for.

i suggest people to get one even u dont need it! get the WHITE one, eBay has the white one selling at $650, that's $115 differences per phone, if u get 5 white one, flip them on craig or eBay, ur sixth nexus is free. even if u dont wanna flip this phone, u could use the phone for a few weeks, resell it at eBay, u could most likely get ur full money back. You have no reason not to the get or use a galaxy nexus for FREE. make sure u get the white one

I bought from DS last time around, like 2 weeks before the white one came out. Just have patience. They get over loaded very easily with orders like this. They shut down phone calls because it's better customer service if you email. But you don't ever get a response from them via email.
They say items will ship within 6 biz days. Mine shipped on the 7th, oh well.
If you're anxious, you can go to UPS.com and track by reference number. Just enter your order # and your delivery zip and it'll search from there. They didn't email me my tracking # until it was being delivered, but I was able to track it way before that.
The phone is not a US phone, so you'll get international warranty, which means you can't register the phone on samsung.com
You can go to XDA forums and follow up on how to upgrade firmware and make sure you have the Yakju firmware instead of the Samsung version. Yakju is the latest from google, which means that if you have that, you will get updates directly from Google. If you don't, you'll have to wait for Samsung to send out the upgrade.
Mine was made in Korea. Friend's was made in China. Mine came w/ Yakju or was able to update automatically to Yakju. Friend's had to root, unlock and redo the firmware manually.

It's a good phone. I love it.

Thorin78 said:   
You can go to XDA forums and follow up on how to upgrade firmware and make sure you have the Yakju firmware instead of the Samsung version. Yakju is the latest from google, which means that if you have that, you will get updates directly from Google. If you don't, you'll have to wait for Samsung to send out the upgrade.
Mine was made in Korea. Friend's was made in China. Mine came w/ Yakju or was able to update automatically to Yakju. Friend's had to root, unlock and redo the firmware manually.


What do you mean i have to update firmware???... nexus device should have everything vanilla all updates should be auto. then why did your device had diff firmware.. kindly shed some light please

$500+ for a stinkin phone? Better be waterproof, bulldozerproof, nuclearbombproof ....

Sk8terboy said:   $500+ for a stinkin phone? Better be waterproof, bulldozerproof, nuclearbombproof ....
unsubsidized pricing. how does it work?

tek2k said:   Sk8terboy said:   $500+ for a stinkin phone? Better be waterproof, bulldozerproof, nuclearbombproof ....
unsubsidized pricing. how does it work?


Kind of a like a mortgage.

I bought one of these from Daily Steals. Phone was defective - they make customer returns very difficult.

$50 bucks cheaper than Amazon.com. so deal is green!! http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-I9250-Galaxy-Nexus-Unlocked/dp/B00...

plan on using with $45/ month Straight Talk unlimited plan

Having trouble determining if this phone supports 4g LTE

can you say "RIPOFF"

popmeeye said:   Having trouble determining if this phone supports 4g LTE

It does NOT support the next generation LTE, however the deployment of 4g is slow on AT&T. It does support the fastest versions of HPSA+. If you're using it with Straight Talk you wouldn't be getting 4g service anyway. The main benefit of this phone is that its PENTABAND = works on tmobile and AT&T networks and makes world travel easier (especially with data). However it has no microSD slot.

daml said:   can you say "RIPOFF"

Why don't you try buying one of these from AT&T *WITHOUT* a plan and see how much they charge you???

People are just so used to subsidized phones that they can't understand that prepaid saves some people money...

Looks good for an ICS, crapware free, unlocked iphone on Tmobile unlimited $50 plan.

Would have bought it if I had not just gotten a galaxy S2.

efficacyman said:   popmeeye said:   Having trouble determining if this phone supports 4g LTE

It does NOT support the next generation LTE, however the deployment of 4g is slow on AT&T. It does support the fastest versions of HPSA+. If you're using it with Straight Talk you wouldn't be getting 4g service anyway. The main benefit of this phone is that its PENTABAND = works on tmobile and AT&T networks and makes world travel easier (especially with data). However it has no microSD slot.


It wouldn't work on HSPA+ on tmobile?

qalam said:   efficacyman said:   popmeeye said:   Having trouble determining if this phone supports 4g LTE

It does NOT support the next generation LTE, however the deployment of 4g is slow on AT&T. It does support the fastest versions of HPSA+. If you're using it with Straight Talk you wouldn't be getting 4g service anyway. The main benefit of this phone is that its PENTABAND = works on tmobile and AT&T networks and makes world travel easier (especially with data). However it has no microSD slot.


It wouldn't work on HSPA+ on tmobile?

Of course it will. I have both TMo and ATT and I swap my SIM back and forth all the time. It's a Pentaband phone, so it will work on any GSM carrier in the world. No more "ATT version" or "TMo version."

Guys, "international warranty" means this phone has NO warranty in the US. You'll have to figure out which country DS got this phone from on the gray market and return it to Samsung in that country for warranty service (and that's if Samsung will ship internationally to return it to you afterward).

This issue alone makes this phone a non-starter for me. Even buying it with AMEX won't help because AMEX's extended warranty program requires the original warranty to be a US warranty.

esoterica said:   Guys, "international warranty" means this phone has NO warranty in the US. You'll have to figure out which country DS got this phone from on the gray market and return it to Samsung in that country for warranty service (and that's if Samsung will ship internationally to return it to you afterward).

This issue alone makes this phone a non-starter for me. Even buying it with AMEX won't help because AMEX's extended warranty program requires the original warranty to be a US warranty.

Yeah, importing the latest sexy hot phone never has a warranty since a carrier is not involved. I do it all the time though and have never once had an issue. Heck, I never used a warranty on a carrier phone either, so it's minimal risk for me.

These models are most likely from Europe. Mine was from the UK and works perfectly on ATT and Tmo HSDPA+.

It's the price to play. If you aren't comfortable with not having a US warranty, wait on a carrier branded one (if it ever lands in the US). The GNEX is so great, I couldn't wait.

If you can, wait for the galaxy s3 coming in q4. Supposed to be a worldwide launch. It's a toss up right now between the gs2 and nexus as to which is better. The s3 will bring a new league.

coolbreeze said:   If you aren't comfortable with not having a US warranty, wait on a carrier branded one (if it ever lands in the US).

Even Apple now sells completely unlocked iPhones with full warranty in the US, so for Samsung to not warranty them at all is pretty inexcusable IMO.

jtroye32 said:   If you can, wait for the galaxy s3 coming in q4. Supposed to be a worldwide launch. It's a toss up right now between the gs2 and nexus as to which is better. The s3 will bring a new league.
Not to get into a phone debate (there are plenty of online sites for that) but the entire attraction of a Nexus device is NO crappy customization ala TouchWiz or Sense. I have owned many Samsung phones that had TouchWiz and hated every minute of it (most recently an SGSII and Note). I was always wishing I had a pure Google experience, which only the Nexus line has.

So, to me, specs are way secondary to perfectly tuned software (i.e. pure ICS). Sure the S3 will have monster specs, but you will always have Samsung's proprietary overlay in your way. Not worth it to me personally.

jtroye32 said:   If you can, wait for the galaxy s3 coming in q4. Supposed to be a worldwide launch. It's a toss up right now between the gs2 and nexus as to which is better. The s3 will bring a new league.

The point of the Nexus line is that they're the closest you're going to get to guaranteed Android updates. Most Android phones at best get updates months late, or at worst, never.

Edit: and what coolbreeze said.

esoterica said:   coolbreeze said:   If you aren't comfortable with not having a US warranty, wait on a carrier branded one (if it ever lands in the US).

Even Apple now sells completely unlocked iPhones with full warranty in the US, so for Samsung to not warranty them at all is pretty inexcusable IMO.


Apple is the only company in the world that warrants an unlocked phone, so that's hardly the norm. Samsung never intended the GSM Galaxy Nexus be produced for the US market, so there is no warranty. Annoying, yes. Normal, yes.

coolbreeze said:   esoterica said:   coolbreeze said:   If you aren't comfortable with not having a US warranty, wait on a carrier branded one (if it ever lands in the US).

Even Apple now sells completely unlocked iPhones with full warranty in the US, so for Samsung to not warranty them at all is pretty inexcusable IMO.


Apple is the only company in the world that warrants an unlocked phone, so that's hardly the norm. Samsung never intended the GSM Galaxy Nexus be produced for the US market, so there is no warranty. Annoying, yes. Normal, yes.


Plenty of companies sell warranted unlocked phones. I used to buy Sony-Ericsson phones unlocked in the US and they were warranted here. The Galaxy Nexus GSM 3G just isn't sold on the US market, I don't know why.

coolbreeze said:   Apple is the only company in the world that warrants an unlocked phone, so that's hardly the norm. Samsung never intended the GSM Galaxy Nexus be produced for the US market, so there is no warranty. Annoying, yes. Normal, yes.
Not true. Nokia, for one, does.
http://www.nokia.com/us-en/products/phone/n8-00/buy-now/

esoterica said:   coolbreeze said:   Apple is the only company in the world that warrants an unlocked phone, so that's hardly the norm. Samsung never intended the GSM Galaxy Nexus be produced for the US market, so there is no warranty. Annoying, yes. Normal, yes.
Not true. Nokia, for one, does.
http://www.nokia.com/us-en/products/phone/n8-00/buy-now/

Ok, I was wrong. Samsung just doesn't.

coolbreeze said:   jtroye32 said:   If you can, wait for the galaxy s3 coming in q4. Supposed to be a worldwide launch. It's a toss up right now between the gs2 and nexus as to which is better. The s3 will bring a new league.
Not to get into a phone debate (there are plenty of online sites for that) but the entire attraction of a Nexus device is NO crappy customization ala TouchWiz or Sense. I have owned many Samsung phones that had TouchWiz and hated every minute of it (most recently an SGSII and Note). I was always wishing I had a pure Google experience, which only the Nexus line has.

So, to me, specs are way secondary to perfectly tuned software (i.e. pure ICS). Sure the S3 will have monster specs, but you will always have Samsung's proprietary overlay in your way. Not worth it to me personally.


I've been spending too much time on the Dev forums I guess. It's all personal preference I suppose. For average users you have to go with the best stock option.

check out this TSF Shell

Linky

Entered credit card information at check out, I still couldn't pull the trigger. This phone is overpriced for its hardware specification

bulletban said:   i suggest people to get one even u dont need it! get the WHITE one, eBay has the white one selling at $650, that's $115 differences per phone, if u get 5 white one, flip them on craig or eBay, ur sixth nexus is free. even if u dont wanna flip this phone, u could use the phone for a few weeks, resell it at eBay, u could most likely get ur full money back. You have no reason not to the get or use a galaxy nexus for FREE. make sure u get the white one this would not be as easy to flip as you make it sound. For me, CL folks are 'competitively aware'. I see this phone right now on for $495 - new!) and the profit margins on fleabay will be eaten up by fees, and Paypal's double dip. There are other caveats as well.

Learned my lesson w/ Dyson Vacuums; they were a pita to offload... won't be selling anything this expensive again!

Really want one though... just not at this price point.


Anyone have any suggestions for the most cost efficient prepaid service w/ compatible 3G data (IMT 2100 I'm guessing)...?

BTW, to anyone interested in this newest Nexus but on Sprint, they are releasing it in Q2 as their debut LTE phone.

jatt1no said:   Thorin78 said:   
You can go to XDA forums and follow up on how to upgrade firmware and make sure you have the Yakju firmware instead of the Samsung version. Yakju is the latest from google, which means that if you have that, you will get updates directly from Google. If you don't, you'll have to wait for Samsung to send out the upgrade.
Mine was made in Korea. Friend's was made in China. Mine came w/ Yakju or was able to update automatically to Yakju. Friend's had to root, unlock and redo the firmware manually.


What do you mean i have to update firmware???... nexus device should have everything vanilla all updates should be auto. then why did your device had diff firmware.. kindly shed some light please


This link should explain the firmware issue
http://www.xda-developers.com/android/is-the-galaxy-nexus-still-...

Also, read this.. http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1376856

Anyone received shipping notification or the product yet?

rikiaic said:   Anyone received shipping notification or the product yet?


not yet! from my past experieces, u wont get it so soon, probably another week.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014