• 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Nissan Banner
Disclaimer

Toyota Banner
Disclaimer
I was poking around on www.edmunds.com and saw banner ads for a $2000 rebate on a Nissan Maxima and a $500 rebate or an Ipad 2 on a Toyota Camry (excluding hybrid models) or Corolla.

What made these offers interesting is that both offers are on top of current incentives.

Sorry I can't seem to link to the offers. You will need to go to www.edmunds.com and click around until you see the offers. Please see attached pictures and PDFs.

From the FAQ:

Offers are good for both 2011 and 2012 models. All are mail in rebates.

Q: Can this offer be used in conjunction with other offers?
A: Yes.

Q: Who is making this rebate offer?
A: This rebate offer is being made by Toyota (Nissan), exclusively to visitors to Edmunds.com.

According to the Nissan rebate page: Visa Cash Card is subject to income tax. I couldn't find anything for the Toyota offer.

Q: Do I need to tell or show the dealer that I have this rebate offer?
A: No, since the dealer is not involved in either the issuance or the redemption of your rebate offer, there is no need to present the rebate offer to the dealer

Member Summary

maxima
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts

GudSpellur (Sep. 03, 2012 @ 5:46p) |

Anyone still waiting on the Corolla $750 rebate?
I submitted back in July, but have yet to receive it.

cheaperbythedozen (Sep. 22, 2012 @ 5:40p) |

Did you check your status? www.toyotacashback.com After I submitted in early August I was denied for not having a date o... (more)

arribasn (Sep. 22, 2012 @ 5:57p) |

• Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Camry not Camary.

koolio said:   Camry not Camary.

Fixed. Thx

Were you logged in?

No, I do not have an account.

purduephotog said:   1000 off Volkswagen

http://s0.2mdn.net/3308882/Volkswagon_Routan_Sway_Promo_022412.j...

"

saw that too, but no rebates on Routan now when there were thousands just a few months ago...

Really would like something for kia or elantra.

thanks, good to see
Not to hijack thread, but anyone know of a decent car to buy for $8k (need something to commute in and budget is tight)

I think you get the offer if you are on edmunds, and look at
competitor's models.

Last month I was looking at a Maxima, and also looking at Buick
LaCrosse and Cadillac CTS. The Maxima offer came up, and when I
wound up buying the Maxima, I received the $2000 Visa Card
about a month later.

cgott42 said:   thanks, good to see
Not to hijack thread, but anyone know of a decent car to buy for $8k (need something to commute in and budget is tight)

Honda Civic?

$2000 on Maxima huh? So that covers, what, roughly half the value it loses as soon as you drive it off the lot?

CheaporBust said:   cgott42 said:   thanks, good to see

Honda Civic?

the MSRP on the Civic is about $16k- i.e. even after discounts , invoice pricing, etc still too high
http://www.edmunds.com/honda/civic/

cgott42 said:   CheaporBust said:   cgott42 said:   thanks, good to see

Honda Civic?

the MSRP on the Civic is about $16k- i.e. even after discounts , invoice pricing, etc still too high
http://www.edmunds.com/honda/civic/

Wait, wait, wait....you want a NEW car for 8k? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

CheaporBust said:   $2000 on Maxima huh? So that covers, what, roughly half the value it loses as soon as you drive it off the lot?

rebates kill resale value, so it will depreciate the full value i assure you.

cptbarkey189 said:   CheaporBust said:   $2000 on Maxima huh? So that covers, what, roughly half the value it loses as soon as you drive it off the lot?

rebates kill resale value, so it will depreciate the full value i assure you.

I respecfully dis-agree. Dropping the price across the board kills resale value. Offering a limited time rebate perserves it.

on a superficial level it might seem that way, but rest assured dealers/wholesalers/auction houses are not stupid. they see the rebate and its price chopper time.

The offer for the Camry and Corolla is now up to $750.

How are you guys getting this? I am about ready to purcahse a camry but do not see it.

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry/2012/car-incentives.html?zip=92683

All i see is that.

There was a $500 rebate for the Toyota Rav4 last week on Edmunds.

thegoodtaco said:   How are you guys getting this? I am about ready to purcahse a camry but do not see it.

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry/2012/car-incentives.html?zip...

All i see is that.

Click on some of the other sedans that competes with the Camry. Kia Optima, Honda Accord etc...

does anybody have a form for the maxima one that is not planning to use? thanks in advance

Got the Nissan $2k Visa card yesterday. On the personalized link they email you I had to fill out VIN, purchase date and dealer info. There is nothing to send in.

Purchased 3/16
Sumbitted 3/21
Received 4/19

SleekWallet said:   does anybody have a form for the maxima one that is not planning to use? thanks in advance

Sorry, I don't think this will work as the link they sent me went to a form that had my name and address already filled in and it can't be changed.

If you are looking for a left over 2011, maybe you can use this site as a bargaining chip, http://www.quirknissan.com/searchnew.aspx?year2=2011&st=price%20... . Their prices are below what I was getting from http://www.truecar.com/.

thegoodtaco said:   How are you guys getting this? I am about ready to purcahse a camry but do not see it.

http://www.edmunds.com/toyota/camry/2012/car-incentives.html?zip...

All i see is that.

You need to be actively searching around and comparing relevant models for this to appear. I was on there for days (not looking, but aware that it might appear) before I saw it.

why the hell this post in this category?

One of my rebate got rejected any info on phone numbers that i can call my rebate was for a nissan frontier

boozebarn said:   One of my rebate got rejected any info on phone numbers that i can call my rebate was for a nissan frontier

I don't have a phone number. In the email they sent me it states "For any questions regarding this offer please email nissanoffer@biworldwide.com."

Keep in mind this is from the Maxima promo. I am not sure if it is the same for a Frontier. Full terms are below. Good luck.

*Terms and Conditions: Visa Cash Card is subject to income tax. Consumer is responsible for all applicable taxes. Customer must purchase or lease and take delivery of an eligible 2011 or 2012 Nissan Maxima from dealer stock at a Nissan Retailer in the U.S. within 30 days after submitting for offer. The offer is not valid for any eligible vehicle purchased or leased prior to receiving the certificate. Visa Cash Card claims must be redeemed within 30 days after the purchase or lease of the eligible vehicle.

Void where prohibited by law. Limit one rebate per person per vehicle. Offer is not transferable and available only to legal US residents. Buyer/Co-buyer on the buyer's order, finance contract, or lease agreement must be the recipient of this Offer. Use of fictitious names, multiple addresses, or P.O. boxes to obtain additional rebates is a violation of federal law, and may result in prosecution. This offer may not be published in any publication without permission from Nissan. Nissan may cancel, rescind, or extend this offer at any time. No redemption will be honored for any club, organization, group, legal entity, Nissan employees, Nissan affiliates, Nissan retailers and their employees, nonregistered vehicles, Fleet, company vehicles, vehicle intended for export, or retail demos.

Nissan is not responsible for lost, late, damaged, or postage due mail. Incomplete or illegible requests will not be honored. All requests become the property of Nissan and will not be returned. Offer valid only in the U.S. Allow 6-8 weeks for receipt of your rebate. After 6 weeks from submitting your rebate request, you may inquire about the status of your rebate by emailing nissanoffer@biworldwide.com. You will be notified by email if redemption information can't be verified. Cash card is issued in the name submitted and mailed to the address on this certificate.

For any questions regarding this offer please email nissanoffer@biworldwide.com.

2012 Nissan. All rights reserved.

It seems there is a new offer. I just went to edmunds.com, clicked on an ad for Honda Accord, and received a Camry/Corolla offer for $750 rebate.

Just got my $750 rebate on a Camry today. Took about 4 weeks to receive.

Trying to get the Maxima rebate but no luck... What steps did you take for those who saw it?

All I'm seeing is $750 on The Camry

It popped up for me this morning. Go to Edmunds, search for Hyundai Elantra, and voila, the banner ad appeared. Note that this was after the supposed June 1st date the rebate was supposed to end, so I don't know whether the rebate form would still be valid, though.

The Camry and Corolla rebate is still valid. They give you something like 6 weeks from the time you receive the rebate form to submit it.

There is a $750 rebate for the Sienna now if you pok around, must be purchased within 30-days of getting the rebate form (but not on the same day)

Looks like the Camry and Corolla rebate is gone. It seems to have been replaced by a $500 rebate for a 2012 Nissan Altima

gooddealie said:    It seems to have been replaced by a $500 rebate for a 2012 Nissan Altima

It's $500 gift card for a 2013 Altima...not a 2012.

Edit: found a phone# to call to request a resend. Thanks

I just tried the Hyundai Elantra search today. The banner ad still offers $500 VISA cash card with proof of purchase of a 2013 Nissan Altima.

I just tried the Hyundai Elantra search today. The banner ad still offers $500 VISA cash card with proof of purchase of a 2013 Nissan Altima.

Skipping 10 Messages...
cheaperbythedozen said:   Anyone still waiting on the Corolla $750 rebate?
I submitted back in July, but have yet to receive it.

Did you check your status? www.toyotacashback.com After I submitted in early August I was denied for not having a date on my contract, but I resubmitted with a more clear copy and it now shows approved. Just a couple days ago I got an email stating I am qualified but that due to overwhelming demand its taking them longer to send out checks;

Update From Toyota Regarding Your Special Offer brought to you by Edmunds.comTuesday, 18 September, 2012, 8:01 AM
From: "Edmunds.com" <edmunds@newsletter.edmunds.com>Add sender to Contacts
To: XXXX>
Dear XXX ,

We apologize for the delay. We know you have been waiting for your Toyota/Edmunds Special Offer Rebate for a long time.

Due to the popularity of this program, we are experiencing delays in processing all the rebate checks. Your submission has been verified and your check is scheduled to print and ship as soon as possible. We would like to offer our sincerest apologies on behalf of Toyota and Edmunds for this delay, but rest assured, your rebate will be paid in full as quickly as possible.

Sincerely,

Toyota/Edmunds Special Offers

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014