• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Linky

just got confirmation email from DSL extreme that they do not have monthly usage limit like ATT does, att has limit of 150GB/month. this is essential for people streaming/downloading movies from internet.

Good day. This is a courtesy email from DSL Extreme confirming that we have received your email.

If you would like to sign up with us , our dsl service do not have monthly usage limits .

If you have any concerns or questions, Please don't hesitate to contact us. We'll be happy to assist you with your concern. Phone numbers are provided below this email. Thank you.

Best regards ,

this is ATT's Internet Terms and Conditions:

AT&T High Speed Internet DSL plans purchased with new or existing AT&T home phone service. DSL price includes 150 GB of data/mo. Additional $10 charge per each 50 GB of data usage in excess of allowance. U-verse price includes 250 GB of data/mo. For more information, go to MyUsage.att.com.

$19.95 Intro Pricing Promotion: Customers purchasing new AT&T High Speed Internet up to 6.0 Mbps will pay $19.95 per month for 12 months after application of bill credit. After 12 months existing standard rates apply unless canceled by customer. Promotional rates may no longer apply if customer upgrades or downgrades their speed tier during term. Requires new or existing AT&T Home Phone Service. Residential customers only. Taxes and other charges apply. First two credits may appear on same bill within the first two bill cycles. Speed claim(s) represent maximum downstream and/or upstream speed capabilities which may vary and are not guaranteed. DSL price includes 150 GB of data/mo. Additional $10 charge per each 50 GB of data usage in excess of allowance. For more information, go to www.att.com/internet-usage. Other conditions and restrictions apply. DSL modem/router required. Not combinable with Cable Switch offer. Offer expires 4/19/12.

Member Summary

DSL Extreme
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
AT&T charges junk fees too that are not legally required.

dcg9381 (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 8:23a) |

I prequalified but the best package was at 5 mbps and was $55/mo. This was in south central pa

Lark888 (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 8:50a) |

I prequalified but the best package was at 5 mbps and was $55/mo. This was in south central pa

Lark888 (Mar. 20, 2013 @ 8:50a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

comcast has the same 250GB/month limit.

I thought DSL Extreme was one of ATT's DSL offerings?
If not, is the service available to ATT customers?

How come no static ip??

6.0 mbps DSL is not available in all areas, function of your distance from the switch; best I can get is 3.0 mbps, which is why I reluctantly swicthed to U-Verse.

YankeeRedneck said:   I thought DSL Extreme was one of ATT's DSL offerings?
If not, is the service available to ATT customers?

How come no static ip??

if u click on the link where it says "View more on Fastest DSL", u will c for 8 static IPs, $49.95/mo.

DSL Extreme is an individual ISP company, they run on top of ATT, or Verizon physical phone line, when u have problem with ur physical line, u call DSL Extreme, they dispatch ATT or Verizon tech to ur premise. so u basically using the same hardware equipments as the ATT, Verizon customer does, but diff ISP.

They are asking me to retain the ATT landline to have the DSLExtreme connected. WHaaa! Keep paying for the useless ATT phone?

Also, unlike AT&T, DSL Extreme's customer service usually has a clue. They're not perfect, but decent.

AT&T's customer service is often next to useless. Sometimes worse than useless -- making problems worse.

(From a reasonably happy DSL Extreme customer)

I did prequalify with my phone and address and they wanted $29.99 a month with 12month contract. I get better pricing dealing with AT&T directly. Need to call them every 6 month though to get 19.99 a month for 6MBit. AT&T still has no download limit for me

Dry loop too?

Thanks OP, but I did not qualify. =(

Does anyone know if anyone runs DSL service on top of centurylink (formerly Qwest)? Or if there are any other inexpensive internet options in Bellevue, WA 98005?

Comcast is charging me $63/mo for internet. As long as the speed is 5mbps, price is more important to me.

shank said:   6.0 mbps DSL is not available in all areas, function of your distance from the switch; best I can get is 3.0 mbps, which is why I reluctantly swicthed to U-Verse.

Same here, except I am not eligible for U-Verse in my area either (San Francisco).

JR

I'm happy with DSL extreme (running through Verizon) dry loop for 2 years

KKCC said:   I'm happy with DSL extreme (running through Verizon) dry loop for 2 years

I can't seem to find the dry loop option in DSL Extreme, can you please me where to look?

sonic.net has comparable pricing as well. But like others have mentioned, DSL speeds are really a function of your distance from the central office, which varies a lot for different subscribers.
http://www.sonic.net/solutions/home/internet/fusion/

Thanks, OP!
Tried to use the coupon code on retail-me-not to save $20.

and these guys have hidden fees of $2.88 read the fine print - All packages are also subject to a $2.88 Supplier Surcharge Recovery Fee
$27.95/mo + $2.88, AT&T charges me flat $19.95 for the same 3mbs line.

lucky777 said:   I did prequalify with my phone and address and they wanted $29.99 a month with 12month contract. I get better pricing dealing with AT&T directly. Need to call them every 6 month though to get 19.99 a month for 6MBit. AT&T still has no download limit for me

When I ordered the dry loop I don't recall it as being an option. It was just that I had had my verizon number ported & was only ordering the dsl from them.

On another note, the 2nd year the price went up as the 1st year was only an intro & not available on renewal.

Not available in NE Atlanta Metro

I also got prequalified for $29.95 for 12 month contract (I am on ATT network). My ATT $19.99 ATT promotion ended last year and was deny the request to renew the promotion. How do you get renew every 6 month? Talk to retentsion?

lucky777 said:   I did prequalify with my phone and address and they wanted $29.99 a month with 12month contract. I get better pricing dealing with AT&T directly. Need to call them every 6 month though to get 19.99 a month for 6MBit. AT&T still has no download limit for me

nice... says I qualify for the dry at aformentioned rate, and in addition qualify for the absurdly priced dsl2 pkg of $90/mo (3 times what I pay now) for half the speed.

the 6Mbps pkg will be nice bargaining leverage when Crapcast tries to jack up my rates again.

Randolphjo said:   
Same here, except I am not eligible for U-Verse in my area either (San Francisco).

JR

snor said:   sonic.net has comparable pricing as well. But like others have mentioned, DSL speeds are really a function of your distance from the central office, which varies a lot for different subscribers.
http://www.sonic.net/solutions/home/internet/fusion/

I second Sonic.net in the SF Bay Area. Great customer service. They sound like a company with a really good, customer-first, profits-to-follow philosophy. A little pricey @ $40 for DSL, but no contract, fixed price (no introductory rate), unthrottled speeds, no data cap, unlimited nationwide phone included, plus a bunch of extra features ATT or Comcast can't even begin to touch. They Piggyback on ATT's network, so speeds will vary.

I'd recommend anyone in the SF Bay Area give them a call to have them run a quick diagnostic to determine your distance from the nearest switch and to get an estimate of your speed at that distance.

I'd still be a customer, but unfortunately, my new apt is 12,000 ft away from the nearest switch, so Comcast for me...

At this time we are only able to offer Dry or Standalone DSL in certain areas within the Verizon territory

I can get 3Mbps for $24.95 a month. I am 1/2 mile from a new Verizon DSL cabinet that was installed a few years ago.

I would really like to get rid of Comcast altogether. Would 3Mbps be enough for at least 3 computers and 2 iphones connected and active all the time, and also stream video to a couple of media devices like Roku.

I just checked the Verizon site and the same service from them would be $39.99 a month plus $19.99 shipping for equipment.

Stinks... only eligible for up to 1.5mbps in my area (Orange County, in the middle of the Cox cable monopoly)

No deal for Tampa, FL!!!

Appears to not be available in our Comcast/Frontier-dominated area.

I just checked with them. In AT&T areas, they do not offer dry loop DSL service. You need to have an active voice line in order get DSL service through DSL Extreme. I already have dry loop, and connecting a voice service to my line would not make it worth it for me. Though, in Verizon areas, they may be able to do dry loop for you.

Do you need to have a landline phone service in order to get this DSL? I think with ATT you don't need to have a landline service, you can just get DSL without voice.

"It appears your Prequalification was Inconclusive"
That's weird. I'm in Trevor, WI and I have Time Warner cable tv and internet. I use HULU for a phone line.

jimates said:   At this time we are only able to offer Dry or Standalone DSL in certain areas within the Verizon territory

I can get 3Mbps for $24.95 a month. I am 1/2 mile from a new Verizon DSL cabinet that was installed a few years ago.

I would really like to get rid of Comcast altogether. Would 3Mbps be enough for at least 3 computers and 2 iphones connected and active all the time, and also stream video to a couple of media devices like Roku.

I just checked the Verizon site and the same service from them would be $39.99 a month plus $19.99 shipping for equipment.

I second this. In the Bensalem, PA 19020 area and dry loop service is available. Seriously considering...can anyone chime in on this? Currently "borrowing" internet and would like to have my own connection.

Thanks!

neogeo53 said:   I just checked with them. In AT&T areas, they do not offer dry loop DSL service. You need to have an active voice line in order get DSL service through DSL Extreme. I already have dry loop, and connecting a voice service to my line would not make it worth it for me. Though, in Verizon areas, they may be able to do dry loop for you. Call FCC and complain. If enough people call then AT&T would allow DSL Extreme to lease their dry loop.

This is a regular deal. I saw this offer last month when I signed up for DSL extreme. I opted for the 3.0Mbps for $14.99 instead since I was only getting around 5Mbps when I had ATT with 6Mbps. Right now I'm get 2.5Mbps Max with my 3Mbps DSL Extreme.

I had DSL Extreme from 1999 to last month... 3/.768 mbit with a static IP for $59.99/mo. I was very satisfied with the service, but now I have TWC with 30/5 mbit for something like $45/mo. No more static IP though.

Careful with these jokers. I signed up without checking distance from the CO; when tech support (TOTALLY INCOMPETENT FILIPINOs, BTW) finally figured it out, they refused to get me out of the contract.

For me, DSL Extreme wants 50% more money for 50% less speed. Definitely a bad deal (for me), especially since with AT&T 6MB I get 520 down and 670 up.

I think I am about at max distance, so I have not bothered to (try and) get AT&T 12MB U-Verse (or higher).

At the very least, I can see how the OP would be good for some people that AT&T would not renew a promotion for and they were within a reasonable distance to get good speeds and throughput. - Also, switch from AT&T, switch back when allowed to get a promo, and then get a good AT&T promotion, if cheaper. EDIT: Oh, and the (supposed) no bandwidth cap with DSL Extreme.

Time Warner / Comcast ripped me off years ago, so I will not bother with them at all. I am currently content with AT&T.

I had DSL extreme...paid for a bandwidth that I never got close to. Mostly 50% of the stated bandwidth. I told DSL I wanted a minimum guarantee level..and they would not budge.

I went to Cable..and I get exactly what I paid for. Also like a science with the cable companies..they can give you no more..no less than what you ordered....

So if I went back to DSL...I be paying for 6megs but getting only 3megs.

I would caution going with this company as well.
Their tech support is mediocre at best and once they have you in a contract, they own you even if your line gets degraded by your local company, they could not careless.

I have used DSL Extreme, at times, in various locations, both Verizon and AT&T franchises in California, over the past decade.

I cannot recommend DSL Extreme, except as a last resort.

Their lines rarely perform at anywhere near the stated speed, and "efforts" to fix them are an exercise in futility.
Their billing department has "issues", which only get resolved after you make a big fuss and invoke your credit-card rights.
Their tech support fails, regardless of where its located.

A cynic might conclude they oversell their capacity and/or throttle their customers. But I won't go there.
One should never assume malice before incompetence.

They *will* set you up on a dry loop in Verizon, for a substantial discount over Verizon's current price, but they don't seem to much advertize the fact, and when you call them, they'll tell you the best method is to order wet service, then disconnect the dialtone account. Verizon did offer cheap low-speed Fios this year ($20/month + dialtone), as well as cheap dry-loop last year. Based on my experiences, I'd pay more for the Verizon service, cut out the middleman, and wait for a Fios upgrade.

Hi FWF community, I recently moved to the LA/Santa Monica/Bev Hills area and I'll need to sign up for some kind of internet service. Seems like there are a lot of CA residents on this forum, can anyone recommend any companies or point me in the right direction for additional research? Thanks!

If you are on the Westside or Santa Monica you are probably in Verizon territory, so hopefully you are in FiOS territory. That would be your best option. I have DSLExtreme at my home (also in Verizon territory) and it is OK. There are issues with the ping time and latency, but the service is fine although you hold way too long for technical support. Can't wait for FiOS to come to my neighborhood.

Skipping 31 Messages...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014