• Go to page :
  • 1 23
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
A clearance item, $519.99 at the website, but down to $324.99 at some B&M stores. Go search through Google Shopping, change your location to your ZIP code and pick the Nearby tab to check out the local B&M stores.

Best Buy
Need a Best Buy coupon that earns 1.5% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

Sony Handycam HDR-PJ10 Camcorder 1080p with projector
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
That'd be great if it's possible. I have started adding few accessories to the camcorder for a trip next month.

eyefusion (Mar. 13, 2012 @ 12:03a) |

I blindly ran into this deal at my local BB last night. Today, I searched Fatwallet to see if it had been listed on her... (more)

Cojakn (Mar. 14, 2012 @ 1:52p) |

I finally bought the battery from eBay.Everything works so far. It is just as huge as Spacejamz, and when fully charged,... (more)

eyefusion (Apr. 07, 2012 @ 8:42p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
    • Manufacturer › Sony
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I've been looking at one of these. But has anyone come up with a QUICK way of converting and burning the .mt2s files these cameras create on regular DVD in AVCHD format?

My brother has a Sony and this is his biggest gripe. Sony makes it sound like their PMB software will burn your movie files to disc 1,2 3. Oh. .. the files ARE playable, but only on a Sony PS3 with the correct firmware.

I'm just asking and don't mean to be sour on this , but many people want to transfer their videos to DVD in the same high resolution as the Camcorder makes it . .. . and playable on ANY Blu-ray player.

Or are there other easier and cheaper options than burning to DVD in AVCHD format?

Thanks OP! I found a store near me last night that was selling it for $324.99, so I ordered online for in-store pickup at the $500 something price, intending to get the price adjustment at the store. I went there this morning and when they processed my order, it was adjusted automatically to the $324.99 price.

waynejs said:   Thanks OP! I found a store near me last night that was selling it for $324.99, so I ordered online for in-store pickup at the $500 something price, intending to get the price adjustment at the store. I went there this morning and when they processed my order, it was adjusted automatically to the $324.99 price.

Thanks for sharing your shopping experience,looks like there is a good chance to get 1.8% FW CB if ordered online along with automatic price adjustment.

Yes, I ordered it through shopdiscover for 5% back!

shunja said:   waynejs said:   Thanks OP! I found a store near me last night that was selling it for $324.99, so I ordered online for in-store pickup at the $500 something price, intending to get the price adjustment at the store. I went there this morning and when they processed my order, it was adjusted automatically to the $324.99 price.

Thanks for sharing your shopping experience,looks like there is a good chance to get 1.8% FW CB if ordered online along with automatic price adjustment.

WootHead said: I've been looking at one of these. But has anyone come up with a QUICK way of converting and burning the .mt2s files these cameras create on regular DVD in AVCHD format? My brother has a Sony and this is his biggest gripe. Sony makes it sound like their PMB software will burn your movie files to disc 1,2 3. Oh. .. the files ARE playable, but only on a Sony PS3 with the correct firmware. I'm just asking and don't mean to be sour on this , but many people want to transfer their videos to DVD in the same high resolution as the Camcorder makes it . .. . and playable on ANY Blu-ray player. Or are there other easier and cheaper options than burning to DVD in AVCHD format?

you brother is doing something wrong i am guessing, i use PMB all the time to convert my mt2s files in HD dvd discs.

it really is 1-2-3 done.

boo, $404.00 in my area,not bad,but not $324, thanks for the heads up though

smoeke said:   boo, $404.00 in my area,not bad,but not $324, thanks for the heads up though

Last week it was around $400 in my area as well, then dropped straight to $324 2 days ago, just keep an eye on it.

will do, thanks

Couple left at beltline and tollway store in Dallas

Only one store in my area has it at this price. I went over there this morning at about 10:15am and they said some other guy bought what they had. Anyone have a scan of the receipt so I can attempt to PM at another store?

Can you scan your receipt?

Do not waste your money. The new model is in for $439 and has better features.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=HDRPJ200/S

Do not waste your money. The new model is in for $439 and has better features.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10551&storeId=10151&langId=-1&partNumber=HDRPJ200/S

testmanotron said:   Do not waste your money. The new model is in for $439 and has better features.

http://store.sony.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?c...

Wrong. No internal memory, no 5.1 surround sound mic, and I've just started reading the specs.

This is the newer model for this year and it goes for $649.99.

waynejs said:   Thanks OP! I found a store near me last night that was selling it for $324.99, so I ordered online for in-store pickup at the $500 something price, intending to get the price adjustment at the store. I went there this morning and when they processed my order, it was adjusted automatically to the $324.99 price.

What about taxes? Online you're forced to pay taxes on the online price. How did they adjust that? Thanks.

Thank you OP and thank you Waynejs! Did the same thing today and it worked!

Thanks OP. Picked up the last one in my local store and I couldn't believe it. I kept looking around the camcorder area and didn't see it -- then lo and behold it was at the end cap. That's usually where the flagship models are so I definitely didn't expect it there. Saw it for two seconds and knew right away to pick it up.

The projector seemed like a novelty when I was there, but I looked at it more thoroughly at home and it's awesome. Great use of pico projector technology. I just need a tripod and a white wall, and I have an instant big screen.

Taxes were based on the in-store price of $324.99. When the receipt printed out, it only showed the $324.99 price along with the tax on $324.99, as if I had bought it online for that price.

forreals said:   waynejs said:   Thanks OP! I found a store near me last night that was selling it for $324.99, so I ordered online for in-store pickup at the $500 something price, intending to get the price adjustment at the store. I went there this morning and when they processed my order, it was adjusted automatically to the $324.99 price.

What about taxes? Online you're forced to pay taxes on the online price. How did they adjust that? Thanks.

It also shows at that price if you use the Best Buy app, although you have to go through to each individual store and look through their clearance items. May help people trying to price match at different stores!

Thanks OP! Snagged one in a local store. Ordered online for store pickup --price adjustment was automatic.

Thanks OP! Ordered onr online for store pick up but I had to call for adjusting the price and the credit will be refunded in 3-4 days.

testmanotron said:   Do not waste your money. The new model is in for $439 and has better features.

you meant to say,dont waste your money on the new one,the old one is $115 cheaper!

Can someone post a copy of the receipt?

PM me your e-mail, I'll send you mine

qq168 said:   Thanks OP! Ordered onr online for store pick up but I had to call for adjusting the price and the credit will be refunded in 3-4 days.

I didn't know you can ask for price adjustment on clearance item for best buy... or can you?

TIA

The Google search above showed that pricing was all over the map with the store closest to me at $649, and others between $466 and $325. I went in with a printout of the search and had my store price match with no problems.

spacejamz said:   Couple left at beltline and tollway store in Dallas

called the prestonwood store and they only had 1 left which is an open box item, so i ordered to ship to store for pickup. i told her that the store's clearance price was different than the online price, and asked if i would get their store price, and she said yes as long as i buy it at that store.

long story short, after placing an order for 2 at $520/ea, called the BB 800# told the lady i want a price adjustment/price match to the store (she understood the situation) so she talked to her supervisor, but i got a "no" for price adjustment.

so now i'm waiting for an email that the cams are in, and go in for the purchase. hope it will auto adjust, but if not, i'll show them a printout of their clearance price, and if they still won't do it, i'll walk. (but wishing i had walked out with 2 cams, though!)

any thoughts or help for me? TIA!

[UPDATE]

just got the BB email that said my order is not available for pickup at that store. very strange since i'm paying $520/ea.....

can someone please send me a copy of their receipt? Thanks

Got mine today, Grafton WI store still had 6-8 in the case and an open box for $292.

mngsparks said:   can someone please send me a copy of their receipt? Thanks

ok. so this is a noob question. what can a copy of another's receipt do?

Try to price match it to the local BB store

Exactly what I need. Been looking for a cheap 1080p camcorder for my China trip next month so this is perfect. Picked one up for $324.99 at the Lynnwood, WA store this morning. They have three left(all brand new and sealed) when I left.

Compare the latest vs this model.

HDR-PJ200 Price $439 (No tax for some via Amazon, BHPhoto, Newegg etc)
Product Highlights
Full HD 1920 x 1080 / 60i Recording
Capture 5.3 Megapixel Still Images
Camcorder Features Built-In Projector
Projects Up to 5m (Diagonal) Screen
Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensors
Clear Photo 2.7" Touch Panel LCD Display
Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens
Optical 25x Zoom & 30x Extended Zoom
300X Digital zoom Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode
Direct Copy & Highlight Playback
Geotagging Though GPS & NAVTEQ Maps

This one HDR-PJ10 Price $324 (+ tax for most)
Built-In Projector Projects Up to 3 m (Diagonal) Screen
1920 x 1080 HD Recording
3.3MP Still Image Recording
16GB Internal Flash Memory
Memory Stick Duo / SD Memory Card Slot
1/4" Exmor R CMOS Sensor
3.0" WIDE Clear Photo Touch Panel LCD
Sony Lens G with 30mm Filter Diameter
30x Optical and
350x Digital ZoomOptical SteadyShot with Active Mode

testmanotron said:   Compare the latest vs this model.

$100 cheaper even after tax, many 4-5 star reviews vs. 0 reviews, have it today vs. have it next week... It's a quality camcorder for a good price, why are you pushing the PJ200 so hard?

captaincrusty51 said:   The Google search above showed that pricing was all over the map with the store closest to me at $649, and others between $466 and $325. I went in with a printout of the search and had my store price match with no problems.

This didn't work for me at 2 Queens, NY stores. One would only give me an open box, the other store said there was no stock in Queens at all.

The Springfield, IL store never price matches another Best Buy. Tried last night and reminded myself why I seldom shop there...

Thanks anyway.

testmanotron said:   Compare the latest vs this model.

Product Highlights
Full HD 1920 x 1080 / 60i Recording
Capture 5.3 Megapixel Still Images
Camcorder Features Built-In Projector
Projects Up to 5m (Diagonal) Screen
Back-Illuminated Exmor R CMOS Sensors
Clear Photo 2.7" Touch Panel LCD Display
Carl Zeiss Vario-Tessar Lens
Optical 25x Zoom & 30x Extended Zoom
300X Digital zoom Optical SteadyShot with Active Mode
Direct Copy & Highlight Playback
Geotagging Though GPS & NAVTEQ Maps

Built-In Projector Projects Up to 3 m (Diagonal) Screen
1920 x 1080 HD Recording
3.3MP Still Image Recording
16GB Internal Flash Memory
Memory Stick Duo / SD Memory Card Slot
1/4" Exmor R CMOS Sensor
3.0" WIDE Clear Photo Touch Panel LCD
Sony Lens G with 30mm Filter Diameter
30x Optical and
350x Digital ZoomOptical SteadyShot with Active Mode

thanks, you just convinced me i want the old one more.

Skipping 45 Messages...
I finally bought the battery from eBay.Everything works so far. It is just as huge as Spacejamz, and when fully charged, the LCD shows (8)hr+ remaining. Hopefully, it's accurate.
However, the price was only around $15, much less than Amazon's $29.99 .

http://www.ebay.com/itm/300627614156?ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1497.l2649#ht_2186wt_1163

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014