Voting History
rated:
www.dollarshaveclub.com

Site is getting hammered.

It's 1.00$/month for 5 dual cartridge cartridges
$6.00/month for 4 (4 Blade) cartridges
$9.00/month for 3 (6 Blade)cartridges
All free shipping.

There's a referral link for another $1.50 off once you sign up.

Member Summary

Dollar Shave Club (408.05kB)
Thanks Farfisa850
Disclaimer
Auto renews (bills) on the 7th of each month
Must cancel prior to the 1st of the month.
Cancellations after the 1st will be for the following month.
S&H only included on $6 and $9 plan

Link

Check out their sweet marketing video on Youtube

The video on the page is worth watching. Pretty funny.

Who uses that many cartridges? Personally I have a Gillete Fusion and one blade lasts me 1-2 months on average I would say - maybe I don't need a sharp razor - but Gillete doesn't make much money on me - when the Fusion first came out I stocked up on about 40 blades for almost nothing in price with coupons and rebates so about a 5 year supply give or take - by then they will come out with their new 39 blade razor probably and I can get some more for next to nothing.... Just curious though - maybe some people change their blades weekly or something..... Not to thread cap...

I tried the dollar shave club ($1 blades were all they had at the time) after seeing someone post about it on FW a few months ago. I can 100% confirm that the quality of the blades is horrendous. I'm not sure if it's because I've always used Gillete Fusion blades but the blades I received from the dollar shave club were what I assume razor blades were like in 1935 - extremely small and not much aloe-type material that you usually find on modern blades. I immedietely asked for a refund which was promptly received. I can tell you the people that run the site were nothing but nice, though I thought I'd save some of you the time if you're used to high quality blades.

I'm giving it a try, figure I'm not losing out on that much money.

Kind of funny that video says you don't need a razor with tons of blades and fancy features, yet they offer a model with 6 blades and a bunch of random moisturizer features on it.

Just get a DE Safety Razor and some good blades, you'll wonder why you were such a chump paying for Gillette's marketing for so long

Or you could use shaving oil - like this one for under $10/yr and get away with using the same razor blade for at least 6 months at a time.

Razor blades normally go dull from rust, not use. So when you shave with oil instead of foam/soap the blade gets a coating of oil that inhibits rust. I'm up to about a year per blade nowadays, shaving on average 4 times a week. Another benefit of shaving oil is that water makes it slipperier (oil and water don't mix) so it is ideal for shaving in the shower, which means no mess in the bathroom sink for your woman to complain about.

the video is awesome

I stocked up on a year supply via a Groupon they ran a while back. I was actually really impressed with the razors; however, you can not compare these to the super expensive "22-blade" razors. They on average last 2-4 shaves before needing to be replaced, but keep in mind you are paying a fraction of the cost of those big guy razors. For the cost, they can not be beat.

I've actually run experiments against a lot of the other budget blades, and these were superior.

My only complaint was they don't clean very easily as the blades are closely spaced. They are aware of the issue though and are working on correcting it in a future version of the blades.

OK that comercial was 10x better than most of the high priced SuperBowl ones....

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014