• 15 6 78911
  • Page
  • Text Only
Thanks OP, you just made my wife happy, happy, happy!

Now she can connect her Nook Tablet on car rides, via foxfi on my phone.

App works flawlessly on my Samsung Epic 4G.

I have an HTC Evo and have used FoxFi in the past with an Android tablet. It worked great. I am now trying to tether to a jailbroken ipad 3, but can't figure out what to do. I installed the iBluever demo on the ipad and connected to my Evo. After that, I am stuck. Here it says to enter any dial number with an empty username/password and I did that, but the only option at the top right is "guide" -- which takes you here. The first link on that page is no good. The second link gives this information for Sprint phones, so I entered #777 in the dial number field, but still don't know what to do next.

Thanks for any help.

Of course I figure it out right after I post. If anyone is trying to do something similar, make sure you change the Chat script to what it says for your carrier - for Sprint it was "Default Non GPRS." As soon as I did that, I went back to iBluever Demo and tapped next to the name of my device. Then it connected and worked great.

Thanks, I have downloaded for a 'just in case' need. Don't have an unlimited data plan so will only use when absolutely necessary, but so nice to have!!

I use it with my Acer A500 and Verizon and it works fine. The only problem that I have is that I can not download any apps from Amazon or the Play Store, would be nice to abuse my unlimited internet to dowload the larger apps and save my metered home internet.

can one download this on a desktop computer and save for later? like a few months when i get a new phone

This is a great question if anyone knows, as I am looking to upgrade my phone and actually ahve an app they no longer provide, shapewriter, and am afraid of upgrading an losing that app as it is by far the best keyboard program i have used.

works great on Droid x

brilliant~ thank OP!

I am using it with a Droid X and today is the first day Verizon is appearing on the web page and blocking access to the Internet. I can't remember the exact words but "your phone is not configured to use...."

It then links to Verizon.

Is my free ride over?

Doesnt let me install as I am with Sprint

sam355 said:   Doesnt let me install as I am with Sprint

If you read the description on the Google Play page, it says that for Sprint users you need to enable "Allow installation of non-Market apps" in your phone, then browse to FoxFi's website on your phone's browser to manually download and install it.

milkandcookies said:   I am using it with a Droid X and today is the first day Verizon is appearing on the web page and blocking access to the Internet. I can't remember the exact words but "your phone is not configured to use...."

It then links to Verizon.

Is my free ride over?


Just check mine on Droid X and it is working. There was an update today of My Verizon app I updated but FixFi still works. Not sure why you can't. I'm in 3G territory and barely use it only when storms knock out net.

"I can use this to make AT&T keep my plan low" - or however it was stated - It's this mentality that screws up great things like this! Do you really think they won't figure out a way to block it? Especially if you're throwing it in their face!!

FoxFi works fine on my T-Mobile Galaxy S2. However, I still get the occasional text message from TMO threatening to block tethering if I don't buy their plan. So they can detect tethering even with FoxFi.

Thanks

meggacat said:   FoxFi works fine on my T-Mobile Galaxy S2. However, I still get the occasional text message from TMO threatening to block tethering if I don't buy their plan. So they can detect tethering even with FoxFi.interesting - i wonder though, are you tethering a laptop or another mobile device? i have heard that "mobile data" is different than the data a computer would use - but i don't know exactly how or if that's even true

sorry - double post

lemonhead said:   meggacat said:   FoxFi works fine on my T-Mobile Galaxy S2. However, I still get the occasional text message from TMO threatening to block tethering if I don't buy their plan. So they can detect tethering even with FoxFi.interesting - i wonder though, are you tethering a laptop or another mobile device? i have heard that "mobile data" is different than the data a computer would use - but i don't know exactly how or if that's even true

All my wireless tethering is done with laptops.

magskent said:   This is a great question if anyone knows, as I am looking to upgrade my phone and actually ahve an app they no longer provide, shapewriter, and am afraid of upgrading an losing that app as it is by far the best keyboard program i have used.

I used Shapewriter for quite a while but am back with Swype now. I recently switched phones and carriers, and backing up all apps with my Google account and then restoring them on my new phone worked for keeping Shapewriter, I just checked and it's still there. Good luck to you.

meggacat said:   FoxFi works fine on my T-Mobile Galaxy S2. However, I still get the occasional text message from TMO threatening to block tethering if I don't buy their plan. So they can detect tethering even with FoxFi.


to bypass Service Provider Detection of Tethering with your Smartphone:

1. on your smartphone > go to www.useragentstring.com
and copy the string appear on your smartphone window. It will look like this (per Samsung Galaxy S2)
" Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.6; en-us; SGH-T989 Build/GINGERBREAD) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1"
then save it and mail it to yourself email or which ever you choose.

2. On your notebook with IE8/IE9 > need to download Internet Explorer Add-on from Bayden UAPick
install it on your notebook as how to uapick userstring

3. before you're going to tethering your SmartPhone with Notebook,
first open your IE8/IE9 on your notebook. Go to "Tools > UAstring > (defaults blank) paste your SmartPhone UserAgentString which you maied it to yourself in the blank area > Check...Reuse... and click Save Change.

4. Now you can connect your SmartPhone with your Notebook with Browser look like your SmartPhone.

For FireFox, Google Chrome.
For Android Tablets : need to install Dolphin Browser or others and customize with your SmartPhone UserAgentString,

Enjoy Tethering.

Thanks for the tutorial......I have noticed that FoxFi now offers an add-on that will (among other things) set up a proxy server on the smartphone. This will help some users mask the wireless tethering from their carriers. Don't know how to configure this in the tethered device, however......any ideas?

I have Sprint htc evo 4g and connected it to nexus 7 last night with bluetooth dun...afraid Sprint will make some chrage with wifi and it works last night, so i will try other location with bluetooth only tonight..

Doesn't work with my Sprint Samsung S3.

Despite what the developer says, this app doesn't work on HTC One S (T-Mobile). I've been using ClockworkMod Tether, although it requires the USB cable.

I know it doesn't help you in this instance, but this is a great example of the difference between iPhones and, well, everything else.

ohkeedohkee said:   Doesn't work with my Sprint Samsung S3.

Strange, I've seen people saying it works on the Verizon S3. I haven't tried it yet with mine.

ImagineNoHell said:   I know it doesn't help you in this instance, but this is a great example of the difference between iPhones and, well, everything else.What do you mean? Which free iOS tethering app actually works and is undetectable by carriers?

works with my Verizon S3

I have a Samsung Epic 4G with Sprint and it worked great for me.

Been using since the deal was first posted. Using a Droid Razr. Works great! Not able to establish a secure hotspot when I try to connect with my TouchPad though.

I purchased a Galaxy Nexus with Jellybean 4.1 installed from google play store. I installed the Foxfi yesterday night & somehow I tried activate the WIFI hotspot but failed.

Any idea? Btw, I have T-Moblie 4G $30 unlimited prepaid plan.

Many thanks

.

lesliejs said:   rapp said:   Wow hope the carriers won't stop the unlimited plans!!

not that they would care, but hotspot should be free. Data is data, you're still using data through your phone if you enable this feature. They shouldn't have to tell the customer how the customer can use a feature of the equipment that they PAID for!


Hotspot is free with the new Verizon plans. Of course there are no longer any unlimited data plans.

works great with Sprint Galaxy Nexus v4.0.4

I installed it using the Amazon app store since evidently Sprint blocks it from the google play store. A few minutes later, I got an email from Amazon saying downloading this app qualified me for a $1 promotional credit. YMMV as I can't find the terms of the promotional credit anywhere.

x4dm said:   I installed it using the Amazon app store since evidently Sprint blocks it from the google play store. A few minutes later, I got an email from Amazon saying downloading this app qualified me for a $1 promotional credit. YMMV as I can't find the terms of the promotional credit anywhere.

I have Sprint and was able to download it from the google play store without any issue.

peebody01 said:   Been using since the deal was first posted. Using a Droid Razr. Works great! Not able to establish a secure hotspot when I try to connect with my TouchPad though.

I have the same issue. I put a password in, but it's not secured to my other devices. Anyone can help?


Edit: fixed. I had to restart my phone and turn the hotspot off and on again.

Works great on my Motorola Atrix 2 (AT&T/Straight Talk)

Any success putting this app on the LG Optimus Elite?? The Elite phone had bad problems when trying other hotspot apps.

Working ok on Optimus V with the Z4 firmware.



Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014