• Text Only
do you know how to make it where it it doesn't show your data usage? I got Verizon 4g razor Maxx works great I install the ad on but it still shows data usage? Thanks

do you know how to make it where it it doesn't show your data usage? I got Verizon 4g razor Maxx works great I install the ad on but it still shows data usage? Thanks

the app FORCES you to update now - i had 1.91 and it said that this version was no longer supported that I MUST UPGRADE - so those of you that are blaming auto update - it wouldn't have mattered - and even if you have an old APK it looks like they can control the app from "home office" so it isn't going to work (but I think i have an old apk i backed up a few months ago - i'll give it a go when i get home and report back)

What is the best replacement now instead of Foxfart?

I'm not sure what the best replacement is. I actually would support FoxFi for $7 if it worked on my phones. Jelly Bean is really messing with its capability. Sometimes you will see suggestions for other apps in the user comment section in the Play store.

For myself, future Android phone purchases will be either some kind of Nexus from google, or an international phone that leaves hotspot in the settings. I use it so infrequently that I cannot justify ~$15/mo when purchased from the carrier.

I have 1.93 installed from the APK and it no longer works. Boooo

Good thing I'm rooted

Had 1.52.1 version installed on my Motorola Droid 2. Now it also says I need to upgrade. Oh well - it was good and helpful while it lasted. There was a gmail "helper" app that allowed downloading email attachments onto the SD card... Much more cumbersome, but most everything else can be done on the phone except working with documents.

Had 1.52.1 version installed on my Motorola Droid 2. Now it also says I need to upgrade. Oh well - it was good and helpful while it lasted. There was a gmail "helper" app that allowed downloading email attachments onto the SD card... Much more cumbersome, but most everything else can be done on the phone except working with documents.

Good grief. Software works, been using for more than a month. Then the new data limit caught up to me and I tried to buy it.

Semi-bricked my phone, upgrade wouldn't work, finally able to uninstall everything and start over with a new google play download from scratch. Unbelieveably, took well over an hour to get the job done. Back in business and am pissed off.

lemonhead said:   the app FORCES you to update now - i had 1.91 and it said that this version was no longer supported that I MUST UPGRADE - so those of you that are blaming auto update - it wouldn't have mattered - and even if you have an old APK it looks like they can control the app from "home office" so it isn't going to work (but I think i have an old apk i backed up a few months ago - i'll give it a go when i get home and report back)

CONFIRMED. App will require you to update even if you try to sidestep an update.

So, should I just delete the app and root the phone?

For those that are rooted and FoxFi is no longer a viable option (I am in this boat), what are you using? Barnacle?

My laptop no longer can connect to the free version and they want me to buy it now?

I am going back to easy tether.

tryo0004 said:   For those that are rooted and FoxFi is no longer a viable option (I am in this boat), what are you using? Barnacle?

I think Barnacle is based on Wifi Tether which is open source. I use that and am happy with it.

I love having a Galaxyt Nexus with TMobile Prepaid.. No apps needed for tethering.

What a great biz model. Have the world beta test for you then charge them after. No advertising needed.

I am curious how they were able to make old version of the app to stop working?

I think it's a horrible time to start charging $7, right when the app stops working with Jelly Bean.

Searched around but didnt find anything that really worked for me on a non-rooted phone, went ahead and paid the $7. I found the app SVTP which has a 2 day free trial that also works, but that one costs $15 after the 2-day free trial (it limits you to 5 minutes a day after the first 2 days). If FoxFi isnt working for you, I would definately check that app out if you dont want/need to root.

Freaking ATT want me to pay extra $30 for "Mobile share plan", so i will be able to use face time )))) which i never used before my daughter tried and we got message to call 611 - so i got soooooooo pissed at this iphone and switched to SGS3, and any second i regret that i didnt do this earlier, phone is great, so many features, and i went on vacation and stuck in the airport because of the weather, so i decided to check email etc, i called ATT and asked them to activate HOT SPOT, but NO i have to pay AGAIN, so "hell NO' i said went to FOXFi downloaded what i need and start using my hot spot immediately

So if you like me using cheap ass crooks ATT or Sprint or Verizon and need wifi hot spot go to http://foxfi.com/bin/ because our carriers blocked it from play store

Good Luck !!!!

PS. HUGE THANKs TO DEVELOPERS - going to buy Full Version, keep on doing what you do !!

1-Click WiFi Tether
No Root and free works just fine for me

ocellaris83 said:   i tried turning bluetooth off with the triumph and still reboots
looks like it doesnt work on the triumph at all

I believe you can get it to work with bluetooth (only) and the triumph.
Getting wifi sharing on the triumph is difficult, even with a rooted phone. The only way I know to do it requires altering the MTU size on the PC.

I need help. i have a lg optiumus from Straight Talk an i have tried almost every hotspot an can't get a connection on my tablet. how do i use the bluetooth.?

Not everything in life can be free, the people who developed it could have done a much better job of saying "hey, in 30 days we are going to upgrade and it is going to cost $ to use it", but they didn't. I use their product on my Sprint phone to link it to my nexus 7 via bluetooth, it works great. It is well worth the few dollars it cost me to have it when compared to what it would cost me a month to do it through my service provider. I do exactly the same thing I would be doing on my phone on my nexus 7, just like to do it on the nexus because of the larger screen. It took time and effort to develop a tool that works and works as well as this one does. Why shouldn't the developer get paid a little something for the time and effort. The service this tool provides is still a much better option that paying the greedy cell phone companies $30 plus a month for it. Maybe I am just delirious with holiday cheer and my fatwallet bargain shopping senses are being clouded, but I still think that this is a deal. Bring on the rotten tomato throwing.

I'm thrilled to hear it is still working on your Sprint phone. I have been unable to use it with wifi to connect my Nexus 7. I haven't tried bluetooth yet, si maybe that will do the trick. $7 is a deal if it works. It was working fine for months until i did some updates. BTW, Phone is Galaxy S3 using jellybean.

Interestingly enough, the time limit that is currently imposed on the free version is sufficient to check the occasional email, check the latest deals on FW, and send a message or two on talk a tone. I'm ok worth it, it does what i need to do on my RW LG optimus

lemonhead said:   Interestingly enough, the time limit that is currently imposed on the free version is sufficient to check the occasional email, check the latest deals on FW, and send a message or two on talk a tone. I'm ok worth it, it does what i need to do on my RW LG optimus

Granted I've never tried it, but doesnt the LG optimus have this functionality built in?

Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot

laurdann said:   Has anyone been able to get it working on thier Galaxy S3? It had been working fine but now not at all after my last update? I don't mind paying for the app, But I need to make sure it will work again.]

Anybody get the Galaxy S3 phone to work with this app safely?

dric said:   lemonhead said:   Interestingly enough, the time limit that is currently imposed on the free version is sufficient to check the occasional email, check the latest deals on FW, and send a message or two on talk a tone. I'm ok worth it, it does what i need to do on my RW LG optimus

Granted I've never tried it, but doesnt the LG optimus have this functionality built in?

Settings > Wireless & networks > Tethering & portable hotspot

depends entirely on the OS/firmware. I have an LG Optimus V that supported that but you had to have a widget to turn it on - i bought another that had this capability removed with an updated firmware - and my Republic Wireless Optimus...well, i've never tried the hotspot widget to be honest with you, but I'm betting they disabled that in the custom software.

How long is the time limit on the free version? Is the connection speed capped as well?

10 Minutes cap, and it makes you restart the app

I have a lg optimus zipp. Down loaded full ver.key and phon will not activate hot spot. Does this have anything to do with rooted and unrooted phones. What does it mean

Has anyone tried the paid version? If it's working, in my book, $6 is a pretty good deal for thethering.

mysteryAgain said:   Has anyone tried the paid version? If it's working, in my book, $6 is a pretty good deal for thethering.

Check the reviews at Google play store. Thumbs down. They blew it. This is New Coke fiasco.

FWjunkie2 said:   laurdann said:   Has anyone been able to get it working on thier Galaxy S3? It had been working fine but now not at all after my last update? I don't mind paying for the app, But I need to make sure it will work again.]

Anybody get the Galaxy S3 phone to work with this app safely?

Works for me when I first installed it, now it doesn't work anymore, not sure why. I'm on the Verizon share plan and get free tethering so I just use my wifi hotspot app from Vzb.

That's too bad. What are other reasonbly priced alternatives?

Works fine on my rooted Samsung Fascinate (PPC). Was surprised when I had to upgrade to keep using Fox Fi....but after looking around didn't see any better so dropped the money on a well designed program (at least for me)

I have the paid version of FoxFi. It worked great until the Jelly Bean update. I have tried all the suggestion, i.e. uninstalling the app, renaming the hotspot, downloading it from the posted link, and re-installing. When turning it on, with the phone right next to my ASUS Transformer (the reason I got FoxFi in the first place), the tablet shows the FoxFi hotspot out of range. I also get a popup saying that my order did not process, and displays two phone numbers for Verizon customer service. I have not called them yet!

It's kind of funny to see totally different results. Verizon pushed JB to my Galaxy S3 (of course, without giving me any choice) and my first thought was about FoxFi. However, it still works. It does bring up built-in Hotspot app when I start FoxFi's hotspot but other than that I have not seen any issues.

I have version 1.91.2 on my phone, keeps working after 10 minutes, doesn't time out or require a restart ... I only use the bluetooth since wifi never worked on my phone.
I had loaded the apk manually, not through the app store.

Edit: Here is the apk for 1.91.2 link at anonfiles
To the best of my knowledge, this does not violate any rules, since this is the free app that was offered and this is just an archived version. Apk is not altered or modified.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014