• 14 5 67811
  • Page
  • Text Only
No go on Evo 4G BT connecting to Ipad nor HP Touchpad

I have a HTC Titan, the app says "use Bluetooth mode instead." What is the Bluetooth mode method for tethering?

Green for you even I do not need it right now. I have the T-Mo Samsung Galaxy with Android 2.2 that have this feature build-in even without the extra hotspot plan. But once I upgrade the phone later this year, I may need it.

Pun said:   No go on Evo 4G BT connecting to Ipad nor HP Touchpad
I wouldn't blame the EVO 4G because I've tested my wife's unrooted EVO 4G (Bluetooth only) with several devices with great results.

Hi! I'm a newie, and I been trying some apps to get hotspot to get internet for my pc, I install the fox fi app, and I was so excited when I saw that the hotspot actually turned on, but still can't browse the web. Seems like there's nothing working for me, I see all the post of all this people saying they could get the hotspot, I tried with blue tooth, but the computer is asking me for the disk that came with the phone, but there wasn't any disk, please help me! I can't afford to pay for wifi, my email address is juanarivera88@gmail.com, if you can help me do this step by step, thanks!

juanarivera said:   Hi! I'm a newie, and I been trying some apps to get hotspot to get internet for my pc, I install the fox fi app, and I was so excited when I saw that the hotspot actually turned on, but still can't browse the web. Seems like there's nothing working for me, I see all the post of all this people saying they could get the hotspot, I tried with blue tooth, but the computer is asking me for the disk that came with the phone, but there wasn't any disk, please help me! I can't afford to pay for wifi, my email address is juanarivera88@gmail.com, if you can help me do this step by step, thanks!do you see your foxfi id on you wireless network on your pc? if you do, connect from there with whatever pw u set up on your foxfi. if you don't see your foxfi id, you didn't set up correctly on your phone. btw, your foxfi id should be android(something) or whatever you named it.

Toddler said:   Pun said:   No go on Evo 4G BT connecting to Ipad nor HP Touchpad
I wouldn't blame the EVO 4G because I've tested my wife's unrooted EVO 4G (Bluetooth only) with several devices with great results.

Did you test it with Ipad and Touchpad?

Pun said:   Toddler said:   Pun said:   No go on Evo 4G BT connecting to Ipad nor HP Touchpad

I tested with iPad 2, 2011 MacBook Pro running Lion, Gateway LT2032U netbook running Windows 7 x86, Samsung Slate 7 running Windows 8 x64 Consumer Preview and Dell Streak 7 tablet running Honeycomb.

for those with T-Mobile contracts... i don't believe tethering is included anymore for any new contracts, and I'm unsure if they will edit the contract when/if you take advantage of an upgrade. 15 dollars to include tethering and 3gb of more data than the base 2gb (5 gb total) and $30 more (on top of the 15 dollars, total of 45 dollars more) if you want 5gb more (10 gb total)

lemonhead said:   trying it out on my REPUBLIC WIRELESS optimus - doesn't seem to ever get an IP address, not sure what's going on, but if i knew what the "IP block" was, i could probably set a static....anyone know what the IP address range is by default for this app???

I've tried connecting an ipod touch to it, as well as my EVO 4G (with no active service) and neither one ever gets an address.
RW sells a rooted phone in the first place. I suspect they turned off Hotspot abilities on it.

My 200 MB T-Mobile plan thanks you, OP!

Unfortunately, I'm now dangerously close to my limit just posting this thank-you message...

Thanks, OP! Works well with my Verizon Droid X and Asus Transformer.

I wonder why this app can tether without rooting, and others can't.

Can't get it to work with Moto XPRT, Win7 (on an Acer netbook) keep saying it does not have proper driver for the phone (MB612).

anyone on AT&T got it to work?

Can a someone using FoxFi also use the phone in tandum, or is it one or the other...? Thanks!

Toddler said:   Pun said:   Toddler said:   Pun said:   No go on Evo 4G BT connecting to Ipad nor HP Touchpad

I tested with iPad 2, 2011 MacBook Pro running Lion, Gateway LT2032U netbook running Windows 7 x86, Samsung Slate 7 running Windows 8 x64 Consumer Preview and Dell Streak 7 tablet running Honeycomb.

i think the more important question here is - did you test all those devices using the WIFI or the Bluetooth? i don't think the smaller devices will work with a bluetooth network connection, but i have never tried it. i think bluetooth may be for laptops or something else.

lemonhead said:   Toddler said:   Pun said:   Toddler said:   Pun said:   No go on Evo 4G BT connecting to Ipad nor HP Touchpad

i think the more important question here is - did you test all those devices using the WIFI or the Bluetooth? i don't think the smaller devices will work with a bluetooth network connection, but i have never tried it. i think bluetooth may be for laptops or something else.

I used Bluetooth. FoxFi won't work with WiFi on HTC phones.

Just for the heck of it I paired a Moto XPRT directly to an iPad2 (without FoxFi) and got tethering to work. So maybe some phones don't need extra software for bluetooth tethering.

FoxFi

Get Program and VERY useful...
But what if you are an iPhone user...
Is there a comparable App/Program which functions the same way for those with iPhones?

Warmly
RENoteman

Most iPhone forums suggest MyWi, but requires jailbreaking your iPhone.

I downloaded and installed Foxfi three weeks ago. It's great. I'm a on ATT and my bill cycled last week without any problems. I've used Foxfi for my laptop and Viewsonic tablet and my data usage has tripled. I always used wifi before. No complaints from ATT. Quick and easy install.

As I understand it that MyWi program is not a FREE program but costs $20.00 to the Developer of the App/ Program?

Not that it "really" matters to me since I've rooted my phone, but it looks like Sprint has now blocked this app...

This app is incompatible with your Sprint Samsung SPH-D700.
Sprint Samsung SPH-D700This item is not available on your carrier.

Sprint has now blocked this app. I didn't know this existed until 20 minutes ago yet I'm still pissed that I can't have it.

I have Sprint and it's working fine, albeit slow, but fine

Just wondering how long it will be before the carriers wise up to this? From what I have read on some other forums, they can easily tell the phone is being used for tethering by looking at the network activity from the phone. I have downloaded it to my Skyrocket, but haven't tried it yet.

spacejamz said:   Just wondering how long it will be before the carriers wise up to this? From what I have read on some other forums, they can easily tell the phone is being used for tethering by looking at the network activity from the phone. I have downloaded it to my Skyrocket, but haven't tried it yet.

For grins/giggles, I just tried it and works like a charm with my iPad (1st gen)...

very nice app, i am running my playstation3 off of my LGsprint phone,
games play well,with small to no lag..
thx foxfi !! keep up the good work...

very nice app, i am running my playstation3 off of my LGsprint phone,
games play well,with small to no lag..
thx foxfi !! keep up the good work...

it worked for me initially and for a few weeks afterwards on Tmobile but haven't tried again for a month or so. had a power outage this morning so i tried to use foxfi, but it didn't work; only got "local connection".

anyone else on Tmobile able to use it recently?

The Sprint block is only in the app store. In your settings, check the setting to allow apps from unknown sources and then go to FoxFi's website from your phone to download.

Just for the ATT crowd I have been using FoxFi for 2 months paired to my Xoom thru an Atrix 4G and have yet to have any probs from ATT. Although they say the Atrix isn't supported I have found a work around. After first enabling FoxFi and letting it cyle the warning message I shift the phone directly to Airplane mode and let everything shut off then re-enable the phone letting the data connection come back up then turn FoxFi back on and open my browser on the phone to check connection state. If you can load a page you should have it licked if not turn off FoxFi and WiFi and start again. Though annoying the benefit of having a 4G connection on my Tablet is worth it. Note the checking USB Tethering icon will stay on your status bar and turning off the phone will require you to go thru these steps again to enable your tethering.

One thing to note is that ATT WILL get you if you connect anything other than another android device as they are checking for user agents on your browser and looking at the ports being used.

I did try it, at first it did not work at all. A few weeks later I tried again and it seemed to work. It was giving off a signal that a wifi network was available, but when I tried to connect from my tablet, it said no internet connection. Not sure what is wrong. If I do get it to work, can StraightTalk see that I am using it as a Hotspot?

tchen811 said:   anyone on AT&T got it to work?

Works on my Samsung Captivate, on AT&T.

Virgin Mobile now blocks FoxFi from being downloaded

willier21 said:   Virgin Mobile now blocks FoxFi from being downloaded
No worries!

"*Sprint has removed FoxFi from Market. Sprint users please install or upgrade from http://foxfi.com/bin, or scan the QR code in the third screenshot."

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.foxfi&hl=en

good find!!thanks OP

i just downloaded foxfi on my virgin mobil lg optimus slider

I have used FoxFi on my Optimus Slider several times. I seem to always get an error message both on startup and when I shut it off, but I've not noticed any negative effects otherwise, it works very well.

BTW another way to get FoxFi with Sprint/VM having it blocked on the PlayStore, is to just use Amazon App Store instead.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014