• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Konica Minolta magicolor 1600W
Disclaimer
Konica Minolta magicolor 1600W Konica Minolta Laser Printer email print Prev |(1 of 9)| Next
Price: $79.00 Free Shipping (USA)

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/602227-REG/Konica_Minolta_...

In Stock
B&H # KOMC1600W Mfr# A034011
read reviews (57 reviews) (4-1/2 out of 5 stars)
Product Highlights
High Quality Color and B&W Prints
Ultra Compact and Lightweight
Fast Output
Flexible Paper Options
Polymerized Toner
Remote Panel Utility
Windows Compatible
Ideal for Users on a Budget

NOW ONLY $79.00
FREE SHIPPING

I jumped on one of these from a different vendor at this price and couldn't be happier with it! Does a very nice job, and an absolute bargain at this price!!

Member Summary

Konica Minolta magicolor
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
$89 at Abe's, w/ FS. Click through to Abe's via FW first to get 1.8% CB, then use http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?it... (more)

jeffspam (Mar. 16, 2012 @ 6:27p) |

breaux124 (Mar. 16, 2012 @ 6:50p) |

eBay for refill kit, but I also found full set of cartridges @ 4Inkjets.com for $174.56 going through FW for $29.68 in F... (more)

mopar2ya (Mar. 16, 2012 @ 7:57p) |

Staff Summary
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Can you cable in for networking? It appears that you can't....

Almost $300 for a full set of standard capacity toner cartridges! WOW!!

dirtypants said:   Can you cable in for networking? It appears that you can't....

I am using Asus wl500gu router connected to this printer (with Tomato Firmware)and it works flawlessly over the wireless network.

AmishBoy said:   Almost $300 for a full set of standard capacity toner cartridges! WOW!!

I bought two last time at this price. I figure even a complete set of starter cartridges is worth $79, plus any other parts you might need (fuser, rollers, etc).
My parents were spending about this much on HP ink every 4-5months, so getting a full color laser for the same price was a good deal.

I've had good luck with Refill kits in other laser printers, so that's another option.

EDIT : Last time the price was $66.50, so that's why I bought two.

AmishBoy said:   Almost $300 for a full set of standard capacity toner cartridges! WOW!!

Refill kits can be had for about $60 which includes refills for all cartriges and replcement chips, which is one of the reasons I opted for this unit for my needs.

Don't really need a color laser, I have a trusty old b/w laser right now but regardless this is a smoking deal. Green for you!

atomicfire said:   Don't really need a color laser, I have a trusty old b/w laser right now but regardless this is a smoking deal. Green for you!

Thanks! I thought so too. Having bought one I can attest to the fact that this is great bang for the buck! If you have considered buying a Color Laser printer this is a great deal for the money, whether you need one or not.

Cheers!

I'm in ny so I got charged tax. . Bought two anyway. My wife uses our HP color laser all in one and it rapes my pocket.

g0dMAn said:   I'm in ny so I got charged tax. . Bought two anyway. My wife uses our HP color laser all in one and it rapes my pocket.That's what marriage will do for sure.......

Beards and Hats does it again!!!

Just a heads up for Mac users.. They don't make drivers for it !! I almost bought it Great reviews and toner is cheaper on fleabay, looks like Wondows win 7, vista, XP and for those of you living working for the Government windows 2000...

Dil

kyungjpark said:   dirtypants said:   Can you cable in for networking? It appears that you can't....

I am using Asus wl500gu router connected to this printer (with Tomato Firmware)and it works flawlessly over the wireless network.

I appreciate the comment, but on a huge network, wireless printers are a PITA! I want a cheapo we can use to cable in.

Cheers!

S

Dilbertic said:   Just a heads up for Mac users.. They don't make drivers for it !! I almost bought it Great reviews and toner is cheaper on fleabay, looks like Wondows win 7, vista, XP and for those of you living working for the Government windows 2000...
According to this post at the apple forums, it will work with the OS X Magicolor 1680MF GDI Printer Driver from Konica Minolta.

Editor's Choice PC-Mag 2009, said only the Samsung CLP-315 my current color laser, that I am using but the yellow ran out, can compare.
http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2348929,00.asp
I don't use color alot, and I have found that the color inkjet clog/dry up if you don't use them regularly.
In for 1, thanks OP.

dirtypants said:   kyungjpark said:   dirtypants said:   Can you cable in for networking? It appears that you can't....

I appreciate the comment, but on a huge network, wireless printers are a PITA! I want a cheapo we can use to cable in.

Cheers!

S
The printer doesn't have wireless networking. What he was talking about it using the printer plugged into the Asus w1500gu router's USB port, acting as a wireless print server. The printer is still USB, but those types of routers make it effectively wireless (or wired) network printing.

Personally I don't see the benefit in a color laser (yet). They're just about as expensive as inkjets for printing color, but not as good quality image output. So they can't really replace an inkjet for color. They usually have much smaller toner cartridges (need fit in 4-5 instead of just the one black), and it's usually a good bit more expensive to refill/replace as well. So they can't really replace a plain B&W laser for just black printing.

Will Staples or some other store price match this price (and take a coupon)?

Starter carts are 500 page.

I think the starter in my car is going

shopliftinginva said:   I think the starter in my car is going

but how do you know if the starter cartridge is compatible? is there a place on their website to find this information?

I don't have an urgent need for a color laser but got one anyway. Thanks OP.

Looks like it's up to $99 now on their site.

Nuts, missed it. Intended to get back to it this morning. I suppose I can wait as I'm in no big hurry.

Mopar2ya said: Refill kits can be had for about $60 which includes refills for all cartriges and replcement chips, which is one of the reasons I opted for this unit for my needs.

A link would be nice for this $60 kit you speak of. I guess I'll google it.

$89 at Abe's, w/ FS. Click through to Abe's via FW first to get 1.8% CB, then use http://www.abesofmaine.com/item.do?item=MNMC1600W.

toddo555 said:   Mopar2ya said: Refill kits can be had for about $60 which includes refills for all cartriges and replcement chips, which is one of the reasons I opted for this unit for my needs.

eBay

toddo555 said:   Mopar2ya said: Refill kits can be had for about $60 which includes refills for all cartriges and replcement chips, which is one of the reasons I opted for this unit for my needs.

eBay for refill kit, but I also found full set of cartridges @ 4Inkjets.com for $174.56 going through FW for $29.68 in Fat Cash Back = $144.88 for the full set of cartridges. Definately beats $300...

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014