• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Olive Garden has a new “Create Your Own Lunch” for $6.95

For a limited time starting March 12, 2012, you can pick an entree, a soup or salad and unlimited breadsticks for this special price!

Entree choices include:
Pizzaiola Calzone
Grilled chicken Caprese or Florentine Half Panini
Grilled Steak and Portobello Half Panini
Caprese Half Flatbreat
Grilled Chicken Half Flatbread.

No coupon required.
The Create Your Own lunch is offered weekdays until 4 p.m.
The $6.95 price point may vary in Alaska, New York and Canada - Olive Garden's Facebook page.

More details at the Olive Garden Facebook page:
https://www.facebook.com/OliveGarden?sk=app_329147117127504

originalred.sd

Member Summary

Logo
Thanks Logician1313
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
so overall, did you feel you got your money's worth for $6.95? would you go back?

MISTERCHEAP (Mar. 28, 2012 @ 8:40p) |

Sure cant go wrong and I may go back before this ends...Id get the same soup again, but maybe the chicken caprese, which... (more)

JaxFL (Mar. 28, 2012 @ 9:06p) |

Hooo, sounds yummy!

LilyGirl99 (Mar. 31, 2012 @ 3:11a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

What goes inside Caprese Half Flatbread?

How do the breadsticks compare to Little Caesar's. I have a coupon for them.

Love the salad!!!

nashi said:   What goes inside Caprese Half Flatbread?

Tomato, basil, and mozzarella?

Haven't been to Olive Garden in years but this seems like a great reason to go for a visit. Thanks OP!

Pardon my position (I don't hold shares in their particular parent corp.) - but would not $6.95 get one All-you-can-eat lunch just about anywhere else?

Breadsticks yummmm

also flies in the salad and a "anti-american" atmosphere" enjoy!!

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/olive-garden-american-flag-displ...

Yeah I was just checkin it out yesterday. The calzone is more of a stromboli, but cant beat it if you also get some soup etc...

SinglePapa said:   Pardon my position (I don't hold shares in their particular parent corp.) - but would not $6.95 get one All-you-can-eat lunch just about anywhere else?

where else?

can't even get all-you-can-eat lunch at soup plantation/sweet tomatoes for that price!

SinglePapa said:   Pardon my position (I don't hold shares in their particular parent corp.) - but would not $6.95 get one All-you-can-eat lunch just about anywhere else?

No. I can think of about 100 places that serve lunch near me, and none have an all-you-can-eat lunch for $7 or less. Where do you live?!!?

edrucker said:   SinglePapa said:   Pardon my position (I don't hold shares in their particular parent corp.) - but would not $6.95 get one All-you-can-eat lunch just about anywhere else?

No. I can think of about 100 places that serve lunch near me, and none have an all-you-can-eat lunch for $7 or less. Where do you live?!!?

there's a chinese buffet or two at about that price point in my area. an Italian buffet for $7.95 and of course some pizza huts have the AYCE buffet also for about $6.95.

MMM MMM WHICH WAY TO THE TROUGH? I GONNA' PIGG OUTT!

edrucker said:   SinglePapa said:   Pardon my position (I don't hold shares in their particular parent corp.) - but would not $6.95 get one All-you-can-eat lunch just about anywhere else?

Nashville area there are $5.98 (dinner price even) all you can eat chinese, $4 all you can eat pizza (American kind), $8 all you can eat Italian style pizza.

Food prices can vary greatly though which is why you perhaps don't have any near you. Problem is if you're in one of those areas where prices are the highest then you're also probably in one of the areas this deal exempts (Alaska, New York)

MISTERCHEAP said:   edrucker said:   SinglePapa said:   Pardon my position (I don't hold shares in their particular parent corp.) - but would not $6.95 get one All-you-can-eat lunch just about anywhere else?

there's a chinese buffet or two at about that price point in my area. an Italian buffet for $7.95 and of course some pizza huts have the OYCE buffet also for about $6.95.

Are you making up acronyms now? Thanks for the heads up.

mistadeal said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   edrucker said:   SinglePapa said:   Pardon my position (I don't hold shares in their particular parent corp.) - but would not $6.95 get one All-you-can-eat lunch just about anywhere else?

there's a chinese buffet or two at about that price point in my area. an Italian buffet for $7.95 and of course some pizza huts have the OYCE buffet also for about $6.95.

Are you making up acronyms now? Thanks for the heads up.

LOL..yeah..it should be AYCE, not OYCE.

MISTERCHEAP said:   edrucker said:   SinglePapa said:   Pardon my position (I don't hold shares in their particular parent corp.) - but would not $6.95 get one All-you-can-eat lunch just about anywhere else?

there's a chinese buffet or two at about that price point in my area. an Italian buffet for $7.95 and of course some pizza huts have the AYCE buffet also for about $6.95.

Are we talking about all-you-can-eat lunch, where as OP's title/deal says only unlimited breadsticks, other items not being unlimited ? Or is it always unlimited @OG ? I did not go past FB login

green..............

This is a better deal if you combine it with the $2 off of 2 lunches coupon from the newspaper.

Nashville area there are $5.98 (dinner price even) all you can eat chinese, $4 all you can eat pizza (American kind), $8 all you can eat Italian style pizza.

Food prices can vary greatly though which is why you perhaps don't have any near you. Problem is if you're in one of those areas where prices are the highest then you're also probably in one of the areas this deal exempts (Alaska, New York)

You are right on the Nashville area - I lived in Dickson, TN for a while and they had Chinese buffets for $3.95 for lunch, $4.95 for dinner - Ponderosa had their steak tips with mushrooms & onions and AYCE buffet for $3.99 or $4.99 and they included the drink, etc etc....the Nashville area is one of the most reasonable areas I have ever been to for food prices.....ENJOY!

(Has to be some benefit to all that country music down there) - just kidding - plenty of variety there on that too!

don't forget the unlimited...salt, either.

More appropriate: where would you like one? I shall easily oblige

invisible said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   edrucker said:   SinglePapa said:   Pardon my position (I don't hold shares in their particular parent corp.) - but would not $6.95 get one All-you-can-eat lunch just about anywhere else?

Are we talking about all-you-can-eat lunch, where as OP's title/deal says only unlimited breadsticks, other items not being unlimited ? Or is it always unlimited @OG ? I did not go past FB login

no, on this deal, just the salad/breadsticks are unlimited. not the entrees or the soup (but it's soup OR salad, not both. but refills on the salad have been free as far as I know at Olive Garden).

they do have a soup/salad/breadstick lunch for about the same price where all items are AYCE.

Actually all three are usually free refills. But you have to wait forever if you are getting fresh soup in my experience.

This said, I have never been that fond of buffets, since I like good food more than cheap food. (OG isn't bad, but its not great either -- their food is mostly reheat/prepack)

I don't mind saving a buck, but if I want to save money on food I make it myself (healthier as well). When I go out to eat its not the super cheap AYCEs.

only one i got is cicis lol... and yeah doesn't really compare to OG...

Had OG today for the first time...well in 20yrs or so, and maybe the second time ever.

The Chicken N Dumplin soup was good and refills were provided. The stromboli was half sandwich size and okay, just okay, they must have used the cheese that was supposed to go in that, in their cheese grater. Everything seemed to be a little salty. They make salt deliveries here and red lobster. A plus +++ is they actually serve real Grade AA Butter packs. You know Bread and Butter, Meat and Potatoes.

JaxFL said:   Had OG today for the first time...well in 20yrs or so, and maybe the second time ever.

The Chicken N Dumplin soup was good and refills were provided. The stromboli was half sandwich size and okay, just okay, they must have used the cheese that was supposed to go in that, in their cheese grater. Everything seemed to be a little salty. They make salt deliveries here and red lobster. A plus +++ is they actually serve real Grade AA Butter packs. You know Bread and Butter, Meat and Potatoes.

so overall, did you feel you got your money's worth for $6.95? would you go back?

MISTERCHEAP said:   JaxFL said:   Had OG today for the first time...well in 20yrs or so, and maybe the second time ever.

Sure cant go wrong and I may go back before this ends...Id get the same soup again, but maybe the chicken caprese, which I sampled. Also sampled the potato beef/sausage? soup, but preferred the creamier gnocchi. My lunch date was surprisingly even less impressed than me. Maybe their higher end items are better. I know Ive seen ads for some of their specials that look damn good, but never seem to make my way there.

Hooo, sounds yummy!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014