• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Brtoher HL-2340D
Disclaimer
Brother Laser HL-5340D
Excellent printer, sometimes found on sale, lowest current price is $100 (costco) which is excellent.
There was a deal posted here a few months ago for this unit at $120+tax.

HL-5340D Costco
HL-5340D Staples
HL-5430D on New-egg for reviews

Best things about this unit is the resolution and that one may add up to 512 MB ram for FAST rendering.
See HERE for specs.
You may use either a 256MB or a 512Mb 144-pin SODIMM SDRAM PC133 memory module.
256Mb available < $10 & 512Mb ~ $15 on Fleabay.
See HERE for exact ram specs on Cruci-l.com.

To get the deal.
1. You must have a $25 off $100 Staples coupon. I had a physical one that was on a catlog cover Staples had mailed to me, but you can buy one. If you don't know where, google it. Don't ask me.
2. Go to Staples though FW link to get CB. Search item 786476. Buy it @ $129.99 less $25 coupon.
3. Go to Staples chat through Help tab on web site (8-8 EST Mo-Sa) & give them your inv #, and ask for a PM to Costco SKU 403854.
Be sure to mention that terms are the same, free ship + tax.
4. Be polite- took me ~ 3 minutes to do the match.

Member Summary

Brother Laser Duplex HL-5340D
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Highly YMMV - they are supposed to take the coupon into account BEFORE doing the PM.

also of note, the power consumption of this printer appears to be about half of competing laser printers:

sleep/on/printing
6/75/675

One of the printers I saw a few weeks ago was:
15/150/1600

Just something to keep in mind.

confrim of PM
Disclaimer
Don't troll a deal if you don't know the facts.
Costco is on of the few merchants that Staples.com matches to, and there tons of deal on SD that use this system without anyone being shot down.
See attached file...

no wireless = no deal.....

Huh?
OK Show me another new high-duty-cycle Duplex Laser w 512mb Ram for $90, and I'll delete the post.....

Besides maybe not everyone wants wireless, like those of us with a real job in a real office in a real corporation where pc's are not allowed to have wireless cards as a matter of security policy.
If you live in your Mom's basement and need to connect to to her PC, I would understand why wireles is an issue.

numismatist said:   

Huh?
OK Show me another new high-duty-cycle Duplex Laser w 512mb Ram for $90, and I'll delete the post.....

Besides maybe not everyone wants wireless, like those of us with a real job in a real office in a real corporation where pc's are not allowed to have wireless cards as a matter of security policy.
If you live in your Mom's basement and need to connect to to her PC, I would understand why wireles is an issue.

Quit trying to defend your deal so hard.. You're taking this way to seriously. People don't "have" to like your deal, that's the way it goes sometimes. Not to mention that Staples can be pretty touch sometimes, don't they take next day delivery into account as well sometimes?? Been a while since I did a price match at Staples.

I have a previous gen HL-5250DN (duplex and wired network) for a few years now, and it is very reliable, and works with windows, Mac OSX and linux. I can't remember the last time I had a paper jam, and we printed many thousands of pages on different materials (stickers and heavy paper). The only problem(?) is that a new drum costs more than the printer. When that happens, we will just buy a new one...

And Staples' PM policy states that PM should happen after coupon, so you were very lucky.

And I'm tired of hearing about deals with the legendary $25 off $75. Almost anything can be a decent deal with those.

numismatist said:   Don't troll a deal if you don't know the facts.
Costco is on of the few merchants that Staples.com matches to, and there tons of deal on SD that use this system without anyone being shot down.
See attached file...

Troll, me??? I am quoting Staples PM policy. They are supposed to PM AFTER applying any coupons. Thus, you should have got back $4.99 in PM. They screwed up, you got lucky, it won't happen to the rest of us - RED!

I'm really looking at wireless. The wireless version of this is the 5370, was on sale at Costco from the 12th to the 19th or something, at a great price. and I missed out! Grr.

Street price (MSRP?) on the wireless 5370 is $250, I think I saw it at Office Depot or Office Max for $180 this week. Maybe I can get Staples to pricematch and then use the coupon, and get it for around $150ish.

I need wireless because I will be doing several events where I'll have 3 laptops at a location that has WiFi, and people will be able to log in to our system, sign up, and register. The registration requires a printout.

The 5370 is more expensive, but if you are looking for wireless (and duplex) like I am, it seems to be the best bet. One of the faster printers, also. And not too heavy. If anyone has other ideas for me, I'm open to them.

If it weren't for that wireless, I think the 5340D of this thread is a great bargain for me.

numismatist said:   

Huh?

This isn't a $50 home laser printer, it's a much heavier duty small office printer. For what it is it's a good price. How doable the deal is I don't know.

zklopman said:   I have a previous gen HL-5250DN (duplex and wired network) for a few years now, and it is very reliable, and works with windows, Mac OSX and linux. I can't remember the last time I had a paper jam, and we printed many thousands of pages on different materials (stickers and heavy paper). The only problem(?) is that a new drum costs more than the printer. When that happens, we will just buy a new one...

And Staples' PM policy states that PM should happen after coupon, so you were very lucky.

And I'm tired of hearing about deals with the legendary $25 off $75. Almost anything can be a decent deal with those.

I have the same printer. Been waiting for it to did but it just keeps going and going. Love it!!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014