• Go to page :
  • 12 3
  • Text Only
Got one for $90 in San Antonio, TX. Thanks OP.

Bought one and there were several left, went back they were gone, went to another store and they had two left for $90 so I snagged them up, I hear them maps are not that detailed though, anyone know?

how do you do a inventory checker for target?

dennisspeaks said:   I hear them maps are not that detailed though, anyone know?Can you explain what you mean by this? The maps should have every street you need to travel to and millions of POI's. Where did you hear this? And what are you buying so many of them if you hear the maps are not that good? I can't imagine there is much profit in reselling these.

Picked one up in Austin, TX for $90 at the target near southwest parkway/Sunset valley.

Had 2 or 3 left.

Pretty good deal. Just a note on these units. Several others have reported issues with the traffic working or being very spotty. I'm in LA/OC and there is definitely supposed to be Navteq coverage, however my unit doesn't work well - traffic barely shows up when I check general freeway traffic. Otherwise, I don't get any colors indicating traffic patterns. I actually went back and forth with Garmin via email and they had me go through their troubleshooting steps. They were about to have me send it in at the time, but I ended up not having much time to work on it any more. Recently I emailed them back asking about shipping the unit back, since they said it might be defective. The response I got back though is that they are currently working on a software update to fix the issue, and to just wait for it. No ETA or anything. We'll see what happens...

jplee3 said:   Pretty good deal. Just a note on these units. Several others have reported issues with the traffic working or being very spotty.Yes, I am also having trouble with traffic. I took some pictures of the traffic diagnostic screens and was going to post them on one of the GPS boards to see if I could get advice. I do not see the green traffic signal on the main screen. There are some traffic firmware updates that can be downloaded using the Garmin Updater, but I did that already.

billrubin said:   jplee3 said:   Pretty good deal. Just a note on these units. Several others have reported issues with the traffic working or being very spotty.Yes, I am also having trouble with traffic. I took some pictures of the traffic diagnostic screens and was going to post them on one of the GPS boards to see if I could get advice. I do not see the green traffic signal on the main screen. There are some traffic firmware updates that can be downloaded using the Garmin Updater, but I did that already.

Yeah, not good... I don't like the fact that Garmin can't even give a rough estimate of when they think this might be ready. They might as well say "10 years from now" if that's the case LOL.

Thanks OP. Got one in Eden Prairie, MN. $89.99. They had couple more left. Inventory checker shows availability in Edina and Saint Louis Park.
Bought a new car and I am glad I didn't opt for the $3k navi upgrade

thefencer said:   Thanks OP. Got one in Eden Prairie, MN. $89.99. They had couple more left. Inventory checker shows availability in Edina and Saint Louis Park.
Bought a new car and I am glad I didn't opt for the $3k navi upgrade

Factory Nav in cars still costs a lot. Back when the portables cost $ 800 it seemed more reasonably priced. Now the portables are $100 to $250 it seems really over priced. While there is some convenience to having it built in, there is the huge advantage of having the ability to take a portable with you when you travel or use another vehicle.

One left in the Fairview, OR Target at $89.99.

Just picked this up today for a seriously HOT price of $45.04! I asked if they could locate anymore units around the Portland area, but it was the last one. Good luck finding them at this price.

Found for $45 also. Bought 2 and left two.

mbrenner said:   Factory Nav in cars still costs a lot While there is some convenience to having it built in, there is the huge advantage of having the ability to take a portable with you when you travel or use another vehicle.

You're missing the main appeal of a factory unit: It isn't a thief magnet like the portables are. Thieves will look for the suction cup outline on your windshield as an indicator that your GPS might be in the glovebox.

1st post...Without reading "every" post in this thread, I picked up the 1490LMT at the north Anchorage Sam's Club for $79.81 and they still had some on a pallet. Seems I read about it here, but after searching...can't find the post. Certainly possible I read it elsewhere, but can't remember where.

Did a product search on their site to find which store (if any in my area) had it & scored.

Garmin 1490LMT - 5", bluetooth capability, lifetime maps & traffic (if you have the traffic broadcasts in your area - we don't {that I know of}}.

Search your club for Garmin 1490LMT...

There were 8 at my local Target on Friday and they were $89.99. Sunday I went in and all 8 were gone. I had been checking regularly to see if they had dropped. I thought they only did markdowns on weekdays so either they did a markdown Saturday (I was there right before close on Friday) and someone beat me to them or the employees put them in the back knowing they would drop today.

billrubin said:   jplee3 said:   Pretty good deal. Just a note on these units. Several others have reported issues with the traffic working or being very spotty.Yes, I am also having trouble with traffic. I took some pictures of the traffic diagnostic screens and was going to post them on one of the GPS boards to see if I could get advice. I do not see the green traffic signal on the main screen. There are some traffic firmware updates that can be downloaded using the Garmin Updater, but I did that already.

Do you have the cable plugged-in to the cigarette lighter as the cable has the transponder on it to receive traffic info?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014