• Go to page :
  • 1 2345
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
I thought it would be helpful to have all the Staples App coupons, deals in one reference thread.

Thanks to everyone who has helped and will help.

Staples
Need a Staples coupon that earns Up to 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back?
Member Summary

staples
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer

Staples coupons
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer

Staples coupons
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Just a heads up that ALL Staples mobile app coupons are now showing expired online. Staples mobile app is still generati... (more)

mathfaster (Feb. 05, 2013 @ 3:41p) |

if it means anything, the only 2 check in coupons I got (maybe starting sunday/yesterday) was 20% off dc/dvd media and m... (more)

VivYip (Feb. 05, 2013 @ 4:40p) |

The date on the mobile app coupons has been extended to 3/1. Some of the coupons are showing valid online. Mainly some o... (more)

mathfaster (Feb. 08, 2013 @ 9:05p) |

1. What's the Staples app? (ty tenderidol at slickdeals)
This is an app from Staples that provides access to your Staples account, as well as Staples rewards account, and provides some useful tools.
You can read more about it here: Link

2. How can I get it?
AJust search for Staples on itunes or Google Play
Any android phone or iPhone will work. In addition, you can install it on iPod Touch, iPad, Android Tablets, or HP TP running Android.

3. What's "check-in"?
When you are in a Staples store, you can click on the "Check in" button, and once your location is determined by the app, you'll be presented with a confirmation, and a coupon will be issued. The coupons state that they expire in 24 hours after they are issued, but in reality they can be used until 10/27/12 as of now [read below for more details]. Please note that you do NOT need to sign into your Staples and/or Staples rewards account to receive the check in coupons.

4. Do I have to be physically in the store to check in?
Luckily, the answer is no. You can "spoof" your location by using certain apps that trick your phone to report specific coordinates. Depending on the app, you can either enter the coordinates of a Staples store or find it on a map and use that to create check in coupons from home/work.
For Android, Location Spoofer [google.com] works great, along with few other examples. For iOS devices you need to jail break your iOS device.

5. Can I keep the coupons beyond the 24-hour expiration time frame?
Yes. If you take a screen shot of the coupon, you can keep it and use it later. On some Android phones, as well as iOS devices, pressing down power and home button simultaneously takes a screen shot. For devices that don't have this "built in", there are 3rd party apps.

6. Are the coupons random?
As of now, they seem to follow a certain sequence (one coupon given for every 24 hours of check-in):

1. $10 RETIRED
2. $10 RETIRED
3. 25% off copy/print RETIRED
4. $10 off $75 RETIRED
5. 50% off pens, pencils, etc RETIRED
6. 50% off mailing & shipping supplies RETIRED
1. 40% off bag, backpack, laptop sleeve RETIRED
2. 20% off > $40 software. Only applies to one item but will apply to multiples of same item. RETIRED
3. $10 off $75 or more RETIRED
4. 50% off all push pins, binder clips and paper clips
5. 20 % off mouse > $30
12. 50% RETIRED
13. $50 RETIRED
6. $10 off $75 or more
7. 20% off all Tech Service
16. 50% RETIRED
8. 50% off your binder purchase > $20
9. 25% off any shredder
10. $10 off $75 or more
11. 25% off USB flash drive. Limit 1.
12. 50% off Staples stickies or Post-it notes purchase > $10
13. $20 off printer > $99
14. $10 off your office supplies purchase of $50 or more. *Discount applies to office supplies only.
15. $10 off $75 or more.
16. 20% off any one chair.
17. 50% off storage box or crate purchase.
18. $20 off any camera or camcorder.
19. 20% off any CD or DVD media.
20. $10 off $75 or more.

8. Do I have to go through the sequence? Can I start over?
You can start over any time by going under Concierge -> Settings and unchecking "Forget Me?" (it won't have the green bar on the button when it's off). That will delete your device information from Staples servers, and once you turn "Forget Me" on again, you'll start from the beginning with a $10 off $75. (If you think that you may need number of $10 off $75 coupons for future use, you may want to repeat this few times and get $10 off $75 coupons with different 16 digits).

9. Can I stack these coupons with other app and/or paper coupons?
The % off coupons stack with $ off coupons. If you have 1 app coupon and 1 paper coupon (in either format), it will work "easier" compared to having 2 app coupons, since you are not supposed to have 2 of them at the same time.

10. Can I obtain any other coupons, in addition to the check in coupons, from the app?
The app generates in store only coupons every time you check in. You can log into your Staples Rewards account from the app and access your Coupon Wallet and use whatever coupons you may have in there based on their T&Cs (e.g., in store only, online/phone only, etc). Those coupons have nothing to do with the app; they are under your Staples Rewards account and can be accessed from the web interface using a PC or directly from the mobile app.

50% Off BreakRoom Coupon:
Successfully Used on:
Toilet Paper
K-Cups
Keurig OfficePro 853653
Coffee-Mate singles 470743
Scott Mega-roll paper towels 869351
Lysol wipes 501741
Clorox toilet cleaner 395575
Tide, 50 oz liquid 735935
Clorox bleach 96 oz 466480
Twizzlers, strawberry, 100 pk 621508
Kleenex antiviral, 3 pk 621508
Quilted Northern, 30 roll 852192
Sodastream home soda maker
Sodastream non-exchange cartridge
Dawn antibacterial
ScotchBrite sponges
Mr. Clean Multi-clean.
Pistachios (414080)
Glad Tall Kitchen Drawstring Bags 100ct box
Charmin Basic 16 pk

Unsuccessful on:
Sparkling water bottles.
Folgers Simply Smooth 369696
Dawn original 595558
Planters cashews 400413
Kleenex pocket packs 35753
Jack Link's original beef steak 324854
Planters Cashews (400413)
Soda 24/pack (910173, 910164, 368929, 349378)
Dentyne Ice (356483)
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Great Idea
Thanks

Thanks OP. Do you only get 1 of the coupons per day, or can you switch locations (via location spoofer) and get to the subsiquent coupons all in the same day? Thanks.

c3688t said:   Thanks OP. Do you only get 1 of the coupons per day, or can you switch locations (via location spoofer) and get to the subsiquent coupons all in the same day? Thanks.

One per 24 hour period, no matter how many locations you try at

Some folks have said they have more than one device, since you dont need to be signed into rewards, you could get more coupons that way.

There are random skips according so some folks over at SD. According to one person, he/she skipped 4 coupons once. But, it a rarely occurs. And AFAIK, no one has figured out how to skip to the better coupons. Well, one SD member claims to have figured it out, but he is unwilling to share for obvious reasons.

Any reports as to whether the 'system' allows one to:

--Buy $75 worth of Breakroom (such as KCups)and Get $20 off (coupon)
--Then use #13: 50% off break room supplies or food

In the past the 50% would be off original price, so:
$75 - $37.50 - $20 = $18
(or $27.50 if 50% off of $55.)

dazviking said:   Any reports as to whether the 'system' allows one to:

$75 - $37.50 - $20 = $18

I read reports that people used the #13 for 50% off, and also used a paper $ off on the same checkout order in the store.

Based on what I have read, Staples has already changed the sequence. For example, the first one is no longer $10 off $75.

dazviking said:   Any reports as to whether the 'system' allows one to:

$75 - $37.50 - $20 = $18

Did something similar personally. I used a % off and dollar off coupon in the same transaction, and it went through fine. And both coupons discounted from the original subtotal, the order in which they were entered was not an issue. Obviously, Ive done this (experimented) a few times

Some folks have also reported using two dollar off type coupons on the same transaction, but thats a bit more complicated. Normally two dollar off coupons will not stack. But someone recently posted about using a dollar off coupon that was specific to a case of paper and a $10 off $75 (generic) app coupon together in the same transaction and it went through.

All this is in store. Online, all bets are off. I got a $3 off $3.99 online/phone Q that did NOT work online, lol . Had to call it in.

c3 said:   Based on what I have read, Staples has already changed the sequence. For example, the first one is no longer $10 off $75.

Yeah, I've been trying to cycle through the coupons, but it won't let me. I've been needing a $10 off $75 coupon for a while now.

Great effort OP. Thanks.

bytem3 said:   c3 said:   Based on what I have read, Staples has already changed the sequence. For example, the first one is no longer $10 off $75.

Yeah, I've been trying to cycle through the coupons, but it won't let me. I've been needing a $10 off $75 coupon for a while now.

The $10/75 is every 4th or 5th coupon, it is by far the easiest to get. I just returned from my errands, stopped in the Staples parking lot, and got the next in line in the que, the $10/75. The only thing that has changed is the first coupon now, is the ink one, but the rest are right in line.

Even if you do the reset and start over, you would get your $10/75, the 4th day, and again the 9th day

"20% off > $40 software. Only applies to one item but will apply to multiples of same item."

I assume that the multiples of the same item can appear as separate items on the receipt. Correct? The cashiers usually scan the items one by one instead of changing the quantity.

c3 said:   "20% off > $40 software. Only applies to one item but will apply to multiples of same item."

I assume that the multiples of the same item can appear as separate items on the receipt. Correct? The cashiers usually scan the items one by one instead of changing the quantity.

Correct. It doesnt matter how they scan it

LORENW said:   bytem3 said:   c3 said:   Based on what I have read, Staples has already changed the sequence. For example, the first one is no longer $10 off $75.

The $10/75 is every 4th or 5th coupon, it is by far the easiest to get. I just returned from my errands, stopped in the Staples parking lot, and got the next in line in the que, the $10/75. The only thing that has changed is the first coupon now, is the ink one, but the rest are right in line.

Even if you do the reset and start over, you would get your $10/75, the 4th day, and again the 9th day

Then maybe my Staples app is broken. It ways gets stuck on either the $10 off paper or (more often) the $10 off $60 ink. I haven't seen a $10 off $75 or 20% off software in a long time. Btw, for the 20% off SW, the price of each software has to be $40 or just the total cost of all software has to be $40 or more?

bytem3 said:   Btw, for the 20% off SW, the price of each software has to be $40 or just the total cost of all software has to be $40 or more?

Total. Works with the current $35 TM AV software.

bytem3 said:   
Then maybe my Staples app is broken. It ways gets stuck on either the $10 off paper or (more often) the $10 off $60 ink. I haven't seen a $10 off $75 or 20% off software in a long time. Btw, for the 20% off SW, the price of each software has to be $40 or just the total cost of all software has to be $40 or more?

It does sound like your reseting, make sure your 'forget me' setting is set to YES

I think the checking must be done at the same store. Last eve I checked in at one store and this morning at another one. It said check ins where ne and posted me the same coupon. In fact the same coupon number. This is on an iPhone.

The checking on my old droid (with fake gps) did switched.

rsuaver said:   I think the checking must be done at the same store. Last eve I checked in at one store and this morning at another one. It said check ins where ne and posted me the same coupon. In fact the same coupon number. This is on an iPhone.

The checking on my old droid (with fake gps) did switched.

Store does not matter. Multiple check-ins within the coupon's 24-hour expiration period does not do anything.

I have a question for the experts. Staples is running a 10 ream case of paper for $9.99 after rewards this week (ended today). Today I got the "$10 off any case of paper" coupon from the Staples app on my phone. So I went in and used it on said 10 ream case of paper. My question is- Will using the coupon invalidate the rewards on the case of paper or will I actually end up getting it for free after rewards + $10 off coupon? Thanks in advance.

c3688t said:   I have a question for the experts. Staples is running a 10 ream case of paper for $9.99 after rewards this week (ended today). Today I got the "$10 off any case of paper" coupon from the Staples app on my phone. So I went in and used it on said 10 ream case of paper. My question is- Will using the coupon invalidate the rewards on the case of paper or will I actually end up getting it for free after rewards + $10 off coupon? Thanks in advance.

I did the same thing last Sunday, it shows on my rewards as $48.99 minus $10 coupon, $38.99 for the transaction, then shows $39 in rewards. It works that way, since the paper was NOT a free after rewards item, it was a set $39. So I made an extra penny on it, just out the sales tax for the box of paper.

LORENW said:   c3688t said:   I have a question for the experts. Staples is running a 10 ream case of paper for $9.99 after rewards this week (ended today). Today I got the "$10 off any case of paper" coupon from the Staples app on my phone. So I went in and used it on said 10 ream case of paper. My question is- Will using the coupon invalidate the rewards on the case of paper or will I actually end up getting it for free after rewards + $10 off coupon? Thanks in advance.

I did the same thing last Sunday, it shows on my rewards as $48.99 minus $10 coupon, $38.99 for the transaction, then shows $39 in rewards. It works that way, since the paper was NOT a free after rewards item, it was a set $39. So I made an extra penny on it, just out the sales tax for the box of paper.
Super, and thanks. I always seem to miss the free case paper deals. This time it worked out then.

LORENW said:   bytem3 said:   

It does sound like your reseting, make sure your 'forget me' setting is set to YES

The way I was resetting was by Concierge->Settings->changing Forget me to "Off", then closing and killing the app, then reopening the app, then turning Forget me to "On", then checking in again. All I ever get now are the $10 off $60 ink (I have about a dozen with different numbers) and $10 off case paper. When I check in with Forget me "Off", it checks me in, but I never get a coupon. Previously, doing this would let me cycle through the different offers even on the same day; now, the check-in coupons I get are still the same, even after 24h.

does the 40% off bag coupon include rolling laptop cases?

I find that I frequently get an error when trying to get a coupon: "The server returned an error. This may be a temporary problem. Please try again later." Obviously very infuriating to get when you are at the store trying to get a coupon! Has anyone else seen this?

billrubin said:   I find that I frequently get an error when trying to get a coupon: "The server returned an error. This may be a temporary problem. Please try again later." Obviously very infuriating to get when you are at the store trying to get a coupon! Has anyone else seen this?

Yes, I get that almost everytime, I try again and usually works, once I had to turn the phone off and start all over. It does take a little effort at times.

billrubin said:   I find that I frequently get an error when trying to get a coupon: "The server returned an error. This may be a temporary problem. Please try again later." Obviously very infuriating to get when you are at the store trying to get a coupon! Has anyone else seen this?

I get that EVERY time, which usually requires rebooting the device. Worse, I have only ever gotten a couple of crappy coupons... not even the dollars off ink ones. Bah.

c3 said:   bytem3 said:   Btw, for the 20% off SW, the price of each software has to be $40 or just the total cost of all software has to be $40 or more?

Link, please (how many rebates can one person get for this software?)?

uafgrad said:   c3 said:   bytem3 said:   Btw, for the 20% off SW, the price of each software has to be $40 or just the total cost of all software has to be $40 or more?

dead

NeuroSynapsis said:   uafgrad said:   c3 said:   bytem3 said:   Btw, for the 20% off SW, the price of each software has to be $40 or just the total cost of all software has to be $40 or more?

dead
What's dead? There is a new $35 rebate this week, limit 10.

labboypro said:   billrubin said:   I find that I frequently get an error when trying to get a coupon: "The server returned an error. This may be a temporary problem. Please try again later." Obviously very infuriating to get when you are at the store trying to get a coupon! Has anyone else seen this?
I get that EVERY time, which usually requires rebooting the device. Worse, I have only ever gotten a couple of crappy coupons... not even the dollars off ink ones. Bah.
I finally fixed it by doing the "Forget Me?" thing, then killing the app and restarting it. Of course I only got the crappy $10 paper coupon (again).

I find that even though the app claims to be exiting when you hit the menu (or whatever its called) button in Android, it is still running.

billrubin said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   uafgrad said:   c3 said:   bytem3 said:   Btw, for the 20% off SW, the price of each software has to be $40 or just the total cost of all software has to be $40 or more?

dead

Don't see it in the weekly ad, so I guess you'll have to point it out.

//edit:

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/hot-deals/1181422/

NeuroSynapsis said:   billrubin said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   uafgrad said:   c3 said:   bytem3 said:   Btw, for the 20% off SW, the price of each software has to be $40 or just the total cost of all software has to be $40 or more?

dead

Don't see it in the weekly ad, so I guess you'll have to point it out.

I just chatted with Staples, and there is a new one. Expires 4/7.

c3 said:   Based on what I have read, Staples has already changed the sequence. For example, the first one is no longer $10 off $75.
By doing that, they will probably get people a lot less excited about it. At least if you get a $10/75 the first time you use it, you get people excited to keep coming in for the next one.

Can the Staples app coupons be used for on online orders? Or are they in-store use only?

billrubin said:   I find that even though the app claims to be exiting when you hit the menu (or whatever its called) button in Android, it is still running.

Actually, the app won't even run on either of my Android devices (Incredible phone or Galaxy 10.1 tab). Any time I try to run, I get exception and force close. It only "works" on my iPod (no phone, just 802.11 connection).

pdxman1 said:   Can the Staples app coupons be used for on online orders? Or are they in-store use only?

In store only.

labboypro said:   Actually, the app won't even run on either of my Android devices (Incredible phone or Galaxy 10.1 tab). Any time I try to run, I get exception and force close. It only "works" on my iPod (no phone, just 802.11 connection).Interesting. It works fine on my Incredible 2. Did you try reporting it to them?

Saw this in reviews. Might help.

"or Force close problems? Clear app data and re-start, resolved all issues for me"

But saw a lot of complaints that it's not working with Android tablets.

Skipping 125 Messages...
The date on the mobile app coupons has been extended to 3/1. Some of the coupons are showing valid online. Mainly some of the later $10/$75, the $10/$50 Office Supply, DVD and chair coupons. Will have to see next week if any of the ones currently showing expired are really expired or not.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014