Voting History
rated:

Member Summary

Sling Media Slingbox SOLO
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

I'm thinking about getting the HD version of this but I'm just not sure. I currently have the ipad 3 and with splashtop desktop I can connect to my pc and get windows media player to work with my inifintv 4. Sometimes it lags and you cannot use it when if on fully desktop screen. But it works good sometime too. How good are these slingboxes? Is a new version coming out soon? Can I watch something totally different if my GF is using the same TV? Or is it whatever channel its on is what is on both?

Reviews of the product talk about it failing after about year and the company providing poor service and being rude. Perhaps with an extra year warranty from your credit card it might be acceptable if you don't care about the hassle of replacement.

EradicateSpam said:   Reviews of the product talk about it failing after about year and the company providing poor service and being rude. Perhaps with an extra year warranty from your credit card it might be acceptable if you don't care about the hassle of replacement.

The primary issue is minor - AC adapters are trash, OEM replacements are cheap, readily available.

klbarnes1 said:   I'm thinking about getting the HD version of this but I'm just not sure. I currently have the ipad 3 and with splashtop desktop I can connect to my pc and get windows media player to work with my inifintv 4. Sometimes it lags and you cannot use it when if on fully desktop screen. But it works good sometime too. How good are these slingboxes? Is a new version coming out soon? Can I watch something totally different if my GF is using the same TV? Or is it whatever channel its on is what is on both?

Slingbox is great, but it simply takes the output from your satellite or cable box, so the local and remote viewers both watch the same programming.

Slingbox is GREAT for traveling, really helped me kill time when traveling internationally. Quality is pretty good too. This is a great price for a new unit

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014