• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:

Walmart
See Walmart discounts that earn 2.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Canon Pixma MP280
Thanks VBMcGB
Disclaimer
Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks!

Clicking link page won't load - http://www.walmart.com/ip/Canon-Pixma-MP280-All-in-One-Photo-Pri...

I'll have to check the printers' ink levels -- it's usually cheaper to buy these on sale at this price than buy the factory ink cartridges. I've picked up a couple of MX 320s & a mp495 in the past. My wife & son sometimes go a good while between printing, & in my experience the OEM ink doesn't clog nearly as often, plus these cartridges include the print heads, so when/if they do get badly clogged you can just toss them out & stick in a new cartridge. They're easy to refill, but as I said, I've had OEM ink survive inactivity longer.

DO note, testing with 3 PCs, Canon's current crop of printers won't print a true red, e.g. using color calibration test images something like a red tomato turns out orange. I assume Canon alters the colors to make everyday photos look warmer &/or more vibrant, but I returned a $150 printer when I found I couldn't turn that feature(?) off -- don't mind it for everyday stuff like coupons but it makes a photo of my wife, a freckle faced red head look like I took a picture of a ghost.

Thanks OP. My daughter is almost always needing a new printer -- why she is so hard on them I have no idea, but it's never just one brand or one recurring problem -- so cheap replacements are the only way to go.

IMO
for $50 to $60 an all in one using 4 ink tanks is a better way to go in the long run..

There may be some 4 in tank models for under $50
Anyone?

4 ink tank? Those are mostly the Epson printer series ?

ertuzi said:   4 ink tank? Those are mostly the Epson printer series ?

Yes, and Brother and some Canon.
Generics on eBay for $3.00 or so each

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014