• Go to page :
  • 1 234
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
https://www.walgreens.com/topic/s/prescription-transfers.jsp?

https://www.walgreens.com/images/cart/25dollar-coupon_2.pdf?

NOTE--one gift card per transaction.

if you're transferring multiple RX'es, be sure to ring each one up seperately with one coupon for the gift card per order.

* Sign in or register above to transfer prescriptions to
Walgreens

Create a free account today. An online account makes it easy to transfer your prescriptions to Walgreens Pharmacy and start enjoying features like automatic refills, refill reminders and the convenience of ordering refills on-the-go with your mobile device. Plus, no matter which online refill method you use, you always have the option to pick up your prescription or have it shipped to you for FREE.

*This offer is not valid for and cannot be used by any patient who is currently or has been a beneficiary of a federal healthcare program, such as Medicare Part D, Medicare Advantage, Medicare Part B, Medicaid, TRICARE or the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program any time in the 6 months prior to coupon redemption. Offer not available in Alabama, Arkansas, Massachusetts, Mississippi, North Dakota, Puerto Rico, New York and New Jersey. Other transfer restrictions may apply.

Purchase of a transferred prescription with valid refills is required and coupon must be presented at prescription payment. Offer is not available on shipped prescriptions. Offer does not apply to any prescription transferred from a Walgreens, Duane Reade or other pharmacy owned by the Walgreens Family of Companies. Some card restrictions apply. This offer valid for transfers submitted online between 5/1/2012 through 8/22/12. Limit one card per transaction. Not valid with any other offers. Redeemable in store only.

The Walgreens card is redeemable only for retail merchandise at Walgreens Drugstores in the U.S. or Puerto Rico. It may not be used to purchase mandatory prescription co-pays, prescriptions, membership fees, transportation passes, charitable contributions, stamps, phone or gift cards, or dairy, tobacco or liquor products. Not redeemable for cash; no change will be given, and lost or stolen cards will not be replaced. Cardholder is responsible for sales tax. Certain items may be void or restricted where required by law.

Walgreens
See Walgreens discounts that earn 8.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

$25 Walgreens Gift Card w/Any Transferred RX
Thanks Valtron9000
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
in the circular which ran 8/19-25 there were coupons valid to 9/30

MISTERCHEAP (Sep. 02, 2012 @ 4:36p) |

They placed the $25 Rx transfer coupons (exp 9/30) at the pharmacy counter back in July.

IAmTheLittle (Sep. 04, 2012 @ 10:17p) |

Extended to 12/31/12.

sherry7 (Oct. 20, 2012 @ 4:48a) |

77Rus said:   Crap, it is not valid in AL

Offer not valid in AL, AR, MA, MS, ND,NJ, NY and PR.
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Thanks Mr.

awesome, thanks op!!!

Sadly, my scrips are with Express Scripts, so no Walgreens love for me

labboypro said:   Sadly, my scrips are with Express Scripts, so no Walgreens love for me That is why the rest of us are getting the love

jschuman said:   labboypro said:   Sadly, my scrips are with Express Scripts, so no Walgreens love for me That is why the rest of us are getting the love

exactly 1st time I've seen a non targetted wags rx coupon, and I've been transferring rx for 10+ years!

They have a sign on the window of my store. No coupon needed - it's just their new policy.

madshana said:   They have a sign on the window of my store. No coupon needed - it's just their new policy.

hopefully long term!

Crap, it is not valid in AL

Offer not valid in AL, AR, MA, MS, ND,NJ, NY and PR.

any coupon for new Rx? thanks

thanks

What is the actual size the coupon is supposed to be? Is it a full-page coupon? When I print it out by click on the direct link for the coupon the pdf prints out quite small (even though on the screen it shows it is taking the full page). Anybody know how to make it bigger? Great find. Thanks MC!

EDIT: I figured it our. When I go to "print" they have a page scaling section before you click OK to print. For some reason on my computer it defaults to the setting "Shrink large page." I just clicked on "fit to page" and the coupon printed much bigger. I suppose you could click on "no scaling" and it would come out as a full page too.

This coupon came just in time as in about 10 days I will need to fill a prescription.

So, to do transfer, does Walgreen's request the transfer on my behalf or do I need to contact the pharmacy that currently holds the prescription?

brusbrother said:   So, to do transfer, does Walgreen's request the transfer on my behalf or do I need to contact the pharmacy that currently holds the prescription?

bring them the bottle or box with the info on it, they will do the rest.

MISTERCHEAP said:   brusbrother said:   So, to do transfer, does Walgreen's request the transfer on my behalf or do I need to contact the pharmacy that currently holds the prescription?

Thank you Mr. C. Getting a response from you is like hearing from the Chairman of the Board!

brusbrother said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   brusbrother said:   So, to do transfer, does Walgreen's request the transfer on my behalf or do I need to contact the pharmacy that currently holds the prescription?

Thank you Mr. C. Getting a response from you is like hearing from the Chairman of the Board!

nah. no biggie..I try to respond in my threads if I know the answers. PS- if you haven't had stuff filled at Wag's before, be sure to bring your insurance card as well as the RX'es.

Do you think Wags will take my CVS transfer of my dog's meds? I have express scripts..but my dog doesn't Hence I can use it a wags....anyone know? Btw, if you didn't know; dogs meds are usually half the price at regular pharms over getting them at your vet.

SarasotaGuy said:   Do you think Wags will take my CVS transfer of my dog's meds? I have express scripts..but my dog doesn't Hence I can use it a wags....anyone know? Btw, if you didn't know; dogs meds are usually half the price at regular pharms over getting them at your vet.

best person to ask is someone at Wags, call your store and ask. shouldn't be a problem but I can't say for certain.

MISTERCHEAP said:   SarasotaGuy said:   Do you think Wags will take my CVS transfer of my dog's meds? I have express scripts..but my dog doesn't Hence I can use it a wags....anyone know? Btw, if you didn't know; dogs meds are usually half the price at regular pharms over getting them at your vet.

best person to ask is someone at Wags, call your store and ask. shouldn't be a problem but I can't say for certain.

Ok, thanks!

I just transferred my meds from Wags to Riteaid last week. Can I transfer back and get the promo?

wakkoviper said:   I just transferred my meds from Wags to Riteaid last week. Can I transfer back and get the promo?

yes.

Transferring scripts is pretty simple......bring in a bottle from your old Pharmacy and they'll do the rest. Just a heads up though, Walgreens has SLASHED hours of their staff so waits will most likely be longer than you're used to.

Be patient with your friendly Pharmacy employees....they're doing their best to make due with the reductions they been shafted....ahem "given." Believe me, no one wishes there were more people behind the counter than them.

MISTERCHEAP said:   wakkoviper said:   I just transferred my meds from Wags to Riteaid last week. Can I transfer back and get the promo?

yes.
That's sounds weird. So my aunt could be switching back a forth, every time she gets her prescription filled for whatever bonus the stores are offering? It kinda reads like you can only get one bonus per prescription though, so maybe not... but we should be able to get them filled somewhere else one month, and then back at Walgreens for the bonus the following month... assuming the promotion is still running then?

Danzilla said:   MISTERCHEAP said:   wakkoviper said:   I just transferred my meds from Wags to Riteaid last week. Can I transfer back and get the promo?

yes.
That's sounds weird. So my aunt could be switching back a forth, every time she gets her prescription filled for whatever bonus the stores are offering? It kinda reads like you can only get one bonus per prescription though, so maybe not... but we should be able to get them filled somewhere else one month, and then back at Walgreens for the bonus the following month... assuming the promotion is still running then?

I'm pretty sure you're limited to one coupon per customer. There is no limit to how many times you can transfer a script however. Just make sure you're doing it intelligently. Many of your medications are needed to keep you healthy.....don't wait until the last second, run out of your meds then expect the pharmacy to pull a miracle in 2 minutes.

Transfers require the busiest people in the Pharmacy (Pharmacists) to stop what they're doing, call another pharmacy, wait for another pharmacist to have time......then get the script.

Looks like I am switching to Walgreens and getting 100 bucks of giftcards for Walgreens!

My DH thinks I'm unethical, but I've dropped a brand new Rx at one place and asked them not to fill it yet. Then waited a day, gone to a different pharmacy and asked them to call and transfer it. I've done this between WAGS, CVS and Kroger and never had a problem (Kroger had a deal going on during a particularly unhealthy month last year, and I think I made $125). But you need to tell the first place not to fill it so they don't waste money and time. I don't consider this unethical, just slightly crafty (ha!). Any other FWers have an opinion on my mischief?

Isn't this the reason why we are on Fatwallet? To make and save money!!!

seriously this is really annoying and going to get really crazy, because now you guys are going to try to match this at other pharmacies, It has taken years for most pharmacies to give up on this transfer scripts gift card garbage, this causes numerous issues and leads to medical errors. your pharmacist cant tell if you have drug interactions if you are going to multiple pharmacies. Protect your health its not worth a 25 dollar gift card. Some of these drug interactions can last a lifetime. My uncle recently developed tinnitus from because he was using multiple pharmacies and had a antibiotic interaction, he has spent thousands trying to get rid of his tinnitus to no hope.

You are awesome mister cheap!

zoobear said:   seriously this is really annoying and going to get really crazy, because now you guys are going to try to match this at other pharmacies, It has taken years for most pharmacies to give up on this transfer scripts gift card garbage, this causes numerous issues and leads to medical errors. your pharmacist cant tell if you have drug interactions if you are going to multiple pharmacies. Protect your health its not worth a 25 dollar gift card. Some of these drug interactions can last a lifetime. My uncle recently developed tinnitus from because he was using multiple pharmacies and had a antibiotic interaction, he has spent thousands trying to get rid of his tinnitus to no hope.

Ding ding ding.......people its OK to make money....and I know the pharmacies are so convenient now, people don't treat them with respect like they would other healthcare facilities (thanks Walgreens with your drive-throughs to dispense blood thinners, opioids, etc).

People need to realize they aren't picking up candy....and Walgreens needs to realize that fact too. They encourage this kind of behavior with these types of promotions. What happens when suits make decisions for health care professionals.

Just enter pharmacy name, number and drug name online and submit. Walgreens will do the rest and email you when its ready to pick up.

zoobear said:   seriously this is really annoying and going to get really crazy, because now you guys are going to try to match this at other pharmacies, It has taken years for most pharmacies to give up on this transfer scripts gift card garbage, this causes numerous issues and leads to medical errors. your pharmacist cant tell if you have drug interactions if you are going to multiple pharmacies. Protect your health its not worth a 25 dollar gift card. Some of these drug interactions can last a lifetime. My uncle recently developed tinnitus from because he was using multiple pharmacies and had a antibiotic interaction, he has spent thousands trying to get rid of his tinnitus to no hope.

I'd say you need a prescription for a chill pill

Use the online transfer - simple and quick.

MISTERCHEAP said:   zoobear said:   seriously this is really annoying and going to get really crazy, because now you guys are going to try to match this at other pharmacies, It has taken years for most pharmacies to give up on this transfer scripts gift card garbage, this causes numerous issues and leads to medical errors. your pharmacist cant tell if you have drug interactions if you are going to multiple pharmacies. Protect your health its not worth a 25 dollar gift card. Some of these drug interactions can last a lifetime. My uncle recently developed tinnitus from because he was using multiple pharmacies and had a antibiotic interaction, he has spent thousands trying to get rid of his tinnitus to no hope.

I'd say you need a prescription for a chill pill

Chill pill 69mg
SIG I-II tabs TID PRN unchillness
DISP #93 (ninety-three)
Refills: 59 (fifty-nine)

there's also some riteaid $25 xfers that just came out as well. I got them in the weekly circular so no link, but i imagine they're online somewhere as well. my thought would be to xfer to riteaid first as those expire 4/21 and then xfer to wags next month for the double play. thanks mc!

I spent 30 minutes at Walgreens today trying to get my $25 gift card.. No one there could figure out how to issue a gift card for this promotion. They finally gave me $25 in cash. I still have other prescriptions that I could transfer. Has anyone had a problem getting multiple gift cards?

My CVS in Indiana will generally honor these and give me a $25 gift card to keep me coming to CVS. YMMV

Rats. Excludes Fed Emp Health Benefit Peeps. WTF?

Skipping 98 Messages...
Extended to 12/31/12.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014