• Page :
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Free Shipping w/$25+ order

Text

Walgreens
See Walgreens promo codes that earn 4.0% FatWallet Cash Back.
Member Summary

Canon Inkject Photo Printer
Thanks Virgil27
Disclaimer
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Available online or in-store at this price. All my local stores stock it, per their in-store locator.

Caveat: it has no paper output tray or fold out holder to catch printed pages - it just shoots them out and they fall to the desk. That kills the deal for me since I want to put this on a shelf above my desk and don't want my printed pages falling all over the place.

Also, the FIFTEEN30 coupon code is invalid.

Otherwise, this is a terrific deal and gets solid reviews on Amazon. Even on eBay it would cost a lot more than $19.99 to get replacement ink cartridges for my Canon Pixma ip2600 I bought from Newegg a few years ago for $15 shipped. Should have bought 6 of them at that price.

Cheaper than buying ink , bought one for same price used the ink and printer is lying there

As an unfortunate previous owner of this printer, stay away. This thing will BLEED YOU DRY in rapacious ink prices. The ink cost is outrageous, the printer won't accept any ink cartridges other than official Canon ink (the printer checks for a chip in the cartridge), an if ANY of the ink is low it won't let you print at all even if your black ink is full. I don't mean to thread crap, but I thought I would warn people before they spend their money on this.

kajoob said:   As an unfortunate previous owner of this printer, stay away. This thing will BLEED YOU DRY in rapacious ink prices. The ink cost is outrageous, the printer won't accept any ink cartridges other than official Canon ink (the printer checks for a chip in the cartridge), an if ANY of the ink is low it won't let you print at all even if your black ink is full. I don't mean to thread crap, but I thought I would warn people before they spend their money on this.

It's not thread crapping. The #1 rule of buying a printer is finding out how much the ink costs and if you can buy 3rd party ink/refill.

Scrubking said:   kajoob said:   As an unfortunate previous owner of this printer, stay away. This thing will BLEED YOU DRY in rapacious ink prices. The ink cost is outrageous, the printer won't accept any ink cartridges other than official Canon ink (the printer checks for a chip in the cartridge), an if ANY of the ink is low it won't let you print at all even if your black ink is full. I don't mean to thread crap, but I thought I would warn people before they spend their money on this.

It's not thread crapping. The #1 rule of buying a printer is finding out how much the ink costs and if you can buy 3rd party ink/refill.

and if you can print if ANY of the ink is low... Kodak ink is cheap, but it won't let you if ANY of the ink is low ...

OOS online.

I'm assuming this comes with starter carts. How many pages do the starter carts do?

kajoob said:   As an unfortunate previous owner of this printer, stay away. This thing will BLEED YOU DRY in rapacious ink prices. The ink cost is outrageous, the printer won't accept any ink cartridges other than official Canon ink (the printer checks for a chip in the cartridge), an if ANY of the ink is low it won't let you print at all even if your black ink is full. I don't mean to thread crap, but I thought I would warn people before they spend their money on this.

one cannot go wrong with this printer, online ink prices for the 2 cartridges of ink that is included in the box is $42.00 so if you are paying $20.00 you can throw the printer away when the ink is all gone, why pay that much for ink when you can get both for half the price of ink alone

Disposable printer at that price... just buy a new printer when it runs out.

greener said:   kajoob said:    online ink prices for the 2 cartridges of ink that is included in the box is $42.00 so if you are paying $20.00 you can throw the printer away when the ink is all gone, why pay that much for ink when you can get both for half the price of ink alone

You are confusing the XL ink cartridges and the regular size.
The XL size set retails for $47.
However, this printer comes with regular size set, which retails for $33 but is easily available for $20-25 on the internet.

Does refilling ink work for this printer ?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014