• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
MetroPCS $25/Month Unlimited Calls / Text Tax Included Data excluded

MetroPCS is offering $25 monthly pre-paid plan.
Unlimited talk and text. Tax/Fee Included
This is a great deal if you talk/text a lot and don't need a data plan.

$25 per month service plan offer includes unlimited talk and text, voice mail, long distance calling, nationwide coverage, 3-way calling, caller ID and call waiting.

Link:
http://www.metropcs.com/metro/promotions/promotionsDetail.jsp?pr...

Coverage Map
http://www.metropcs.com/metro/maps/coverage-map.jsp

FAQs: Talk and Text Only Plan for $25/month

1. Q. What features are included in the new $25 Rate Plan?
A. Long distance, nationwide coverage, voicemail, 3-way calling, caller ID, call waiting and text (SMS).
2. Q. Is Picture Messaging included in the new $25 Rate Plan?
A. No, Picture Messaging is not included in the $25 Rate Plan. Text messaging only.
3. Q. Are Web or other data features – like email - included in the new $25 Rate Plan?
A. No, the new $25 Rate Plan does not include Web or any data features. You must choose another MetroPCS Rate Plan to receive web and data features.
4. Q. Are Add-on Services allowed with the new $25 Rate Plan?
MetroGUARD insurance is available for $5 per month. No other Add-Ons are available for purchase.
5. Q. Can new $25 Rate Plan customers receive a $5 Family Plan discount?
There is NO $5 Family Plan discount for the $25 Rate Plan. The $25 Rate Plan line can be added to a Family Plan, but will not receive a $5 discount.
6. Q. Can the new $25 Rate Plan line be added to an existing Family Plan account?
A. Yes, a $25 Rate Plan line can be added to an existing Family Plan account (but others on account may NOT change their Rate Plans to the new $25 plan.)
7. Q. When does the $25 Rate Plan Promotion end?
A. The $25 Rate Plan promotion ends 6/30/2012. You can remain on it as long as you remain on the Kyocera Presto, Huawei Pinnacle or Samsung Freeform III.
8. Q. Are only new customers eligible for this promotion?
A. Yes, only NEW customers are eligible for this new Rate Plan. No upgrades, phone change (ESN swap) or reactivations.
9. Q. What phones are eligible for the new $25 Rate Plan?
A. Requires purchase of a new phone: Presto, Pinnacle or Freeform III. No exceptions.
10. Q. Are there any fees associated with the new $25 Rate Plan Promotion?
A. Yes, you must pay a $10 Promotion Fee upon accepting the Promotion offer.
11. Q. Where can I subscribe to MetroPCS’s new $25 Rate Plan?
A. The $25 Rate Plan is only available at MetroPCS stores and authorized dealer locations.

Thanks to tickss the op over at sd

Member Summary

ZTE Anthem 4G
Thanks Llilith
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
I think you have to buy a physical card but of course you can buy several at a time and use 1 per month.

Also if you refi... (more)

GudSpellur (Jul. 24, 2012 @ 9:17a) |

I just started a new thread on this since it is a different plan than the one being discussed in this thread...

El Linko

GudSpellur (Jul. 24, 2012 @ 9:31a) |

Thank you for the response.

horizon6 (Jul. 24, 2012 @ 9:44a) |

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

A. Requires purchase of a new phone: Presto, Pinnacle or Freeform III. No exceptions.
How much are the phones you have to buy to get this deal (at full retail, I presume)?
Upfront cost would be $10 + new phone cost.

numismatist said:   9. Q. What phones are eligible for the new $25 Rate Plan?
How much are the phones you have to buy to get this deal (at full retail, I presume)?
Upfront cost would be $10 + new phone cost.

Looks like the phones are priced $39, $49 & $59

http://www.metropcs.com/metro/compare/cat170019/gridview

( There is no 24 month Contract so There is no so called "FREE PHONE", The price of the phone is not built in to the 24 monthly fee's + tax like some others )

The $10 Promotion fee may just be a activation fee ?

I think it is a good deal for Unlimited talk and text with no tax.

My son has had metropcs for about 4 years now he likes it.

Other son has Virgin
Wife has Virgin
I have page +

Do you know whether they will provide SIM card? Can I use it with my current unlocked iphone? Thanks.

missasia

I believe MetroPCS is a CDMA2000 carrier (3G equal to Verizon) and doesn't use SIM cards. The network authenticates to the actual phone and uses the ESN on a specific phone. I'm only guessing here, but if you have a SIM card iphone it was originally ATT (which required a SIM to revert from ATT's WCDMA network (3G) to ATT's GSM network (2G). If that's the case it probably won't work.

I have been known to be wrong though; I am married.

missasia said:   Do you know whether they will provide SIM card? Can I use it with my current unlocked iphone? Thanks.Just chatted with an operator, they said plan works ONLY on those phones.

diswes said:   missasia said:   Do you know whether they will provide SIM card? Can I use it with my current unlocked iphone? Thanks.Just chatted with an operator, they said plan works ONLY on those phones.

MetroPCS is so horrible it's not worth dealing with them. You're better off paying $40/month for Simple Mobile or something equivalent.

axm0701 said:   MetroPCS is so horrible it's not worth dealing with them. You're better off paying $40/month for Simple Mobile or something equivalent.

I must say my son likes Metro, it works very good in Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose & Chico.
Nor / California

Also he has called home from Seattle, Denver, LOS ANGELES, Las Vegas, Reno, Kansas City & Lake Tahoe

So I guss it all comes down to YMMV

axm0701 said:   MetroPCS is so horrible it's not worth dealing with them. You're better off paying $40/month for Simple Mobile or something equivalent.

What is horrible about metro? I was thinking of trying this.

Thanks op, just jumped to it, and I am existing customer. Since prepaid plans do not fix your identity, the way is only to figure out is your current number. If you do not mind to change number (as I do not because have google voice number) you can get advantage of the offer.

StrawManArg said:   axm0701 said:   MetroPCS is so horrible it's not worth dealing with them. You're better off paying $40/month for Simple Mobile or something equivalent.

What is horrible about metro? I was thinking of trying this.

The only way you will know is try it.
If it works good for me, It may not work as good for you ?
So YMMV

What happens when the $49 phone dies?
Can I change to another phone which will have different ESN number?

I never found anything "horrible" with MetroPCS.

Their phones are CDMA, and the voice quality is better than Sprint. Phone selection is awful, but that's normal with prepaid CDMA.

The store environment and payment options aren't great, but if you mail your payment in advance, you never have to visit with them.

Simple Mobile has its own issues. Why spend an extra $180/year?

Simple Mobile's $40 plan is advertised as 3G, but actual speed is capped at 119Kbps.

So what happens if you want a little data (100mb/mo, for example)? Do they charge extra? Or does it simply not work?

I think republic wireless sounds better in theory, IMO.

Probably it will not work at all since they say no data. As far as what happens if your phone breaks, you are supposed to be able to select another phone provided that is approved for this plan. These would be the 3 candybar feature phones that are not that popular.

Dotbody said:   So what happens if you want a little data (100mb/mo, for example)? Do they charge extra? Or does it simply not work?

I think republic wireless sounds better in theory, IMO.

Well I had republic wireless I was one of the first group to get in,

There was a lot of issues with them for me.

Over 2 month I sent 13 e-mails to republic wireless....

I tryed calling them about 8 times and Never got thrue, Give them a try call them.

I was also charged tax on my R/W bill.

I sent my phone back, I did get my money back.

Now try callng MetroPCS during business hours.
888-863-8768 , Yes you may be on hold for 10 min. but you will get thrue.
Just my 2 cents.

I was a metro customer for over 10 years and they are simple, lots of locations and excellent service. I used it on a drive from Florida to Oklahoma and never lost reception. Even though I had friends with other plans that did. I went to NY/NJ and worked great whole time. Also went on Vacation in Vegas and flawless. From my experience in pre-pay the price and reception was top notch. They also have 4LTE in some areas.

Also unlimited minutes, text and data is $55 all fees included. Also works great...

Cant say enough about how excellent they have treated me over the years.

You must buy metro phones to use service, however they have good selection, mostly Android and you can find more on fleebay cheap.

Wish they'd expand their home area footprint. Not available in San Antonio.

My wife and I use metro. We just upgraded to smartphones and are paying $90 a month. Sometimes the data speeds are not great, but what do you expect for the price?

I used to have a Metro fe ce es phone, when I was in coverage area, calls were mostly clear and only occasionally dropped. But it seemed that the range of signal dropped off rapidly when I would get into remote areas, though the tower was line of sight. This was back in the early 2000s though. I would hope that things would have improved over the years.

This is an excellent deal! I am using Page+ and I love it so far, especially for $30 a month. I would consider this Metro deal if I didnt want to check my email once in a while. My sister has Metro and she likes the service so far. She probably would consider this new plan if she didn't have to get a new number.

I just don't understand why everyone doesn't do StraightTalk + iPhone

axm0701 said:   I just don't understand why everyone doesn't do StraightTalk + iPhone

Is it $25 a month Tax Included ?

MetroPCS
$25 per month service plan offer includes unlimited talk and text, voice mail, long distance calling, nationwide coverage, 3-way calling, caller ID and call waiting & Tax Included.

In some markets like Los Angeles, metropcs is ahead of T-Mobile. The main issue is that they are not a GSM carrier, but the phones are cheap and no contract.

When they first came out they had good deals with unlimited international text plans.

Like many others, cheap fast mobile data has been an issue. This is for those who don't want that.

Rasheed

elray said:   axm0701 said:   MetroPCS is so horrible it's not worth dealing with them. You're better off paying $40/month for Simple Mobile or something equivalent.

I never found anything "horrible" with MetroPCS.

Their phones are CDMA, and the voice quality is better than Sprint. Phone selection is awful, but that's normal with prepaid CDMA.

The store environment and payment options aren't great, but if you mail your payment in advance, you never have to visit with them.

Simple Mobile has its own issues. Why spend an extra $180/year?

I actually had MetroPCS before jumping to Sprint.
The voice quality is equivalent to VOIP, especially international calls. Spotty reception (in NYC) and bad call quality is why I dropped metropcs.
Verizon/Sprint is aweseome in NYC, then AT&T/Tmobile, then Simplewireless, then metropcs takes the last place.

axm0701 said:   I just don't understand why everyone doesn't do StraightTalk + iPhone

Because some people prefer other phones to the iPhone

MetroPCS quality cannot be better than Sprint's! MetroPCS has set the vocoder to one of the highest compression setting, to yield more calls in the given spectrum. The voice quality is definitely not as good as Sprint. But for the sake of $25/month, voice quality is not probably not as important as unlimited minutes.

I didn't wade through all the posts, so if I'm repeating, forgive me. Wanted to add, $10 fee upon agreeing to terms, so first mo is $35. Also plan doesn't cover picture texting and doesn't allow for any add on alla carte items, navi, game purchases, etc. For $25 though, it's a good deal for me to call and text. In for one for hubby.

craff1 said:   I didn't wade through all the posts, so if I'm repeating, forgive me. Wanted to add, $10 fee upon agreeing to terms, so first mo is $35. Also plan doesn't cover picture texting and doesn't allow for any add on alla carte items, navi, game purchases, etc. For $25 though, it's a good deal for me to call and text. In for one for hubby.

getting one for father in law today. Looks like a good deal.

craff1 said:   I didn't wade through all the posts, so if I'm repeating, forgive me. Wanted to add, $10 fee upon agreeing to terms, so first mo is $35. Also plan doesn't cover picture texting and doesn't allow for any add on alla carte items, navi, game purchases, etc. For $25 though, it's a good deal for me to call and text. In for one for hubby.

Think of the $10 Promotion fee as a a activation fee

can I port my existing Tmobile number if I switch to MetroPC? Thanks

hjdut said:   can I port my existing Tmobile number if I switch to MetroPC? Thanks

I know my son did from a pre pay T-Mobile a few years ago

Tmobile $30 plan (prepaid tax included) may be better choice, unlimited web (first 5G 4G), text, 100 minutes. You can use google voice (grooveip) for unlimited calling.

f2000sa said:   Tmobile $30 plan may be better choice, unlimited web (first 5G 4G), text, 100 minutes. You can use google voice (grooveip) for unlimited calling.

50% of cell phone users dont use the web on there cell phone.

Great, it makes my life easier. And the other members offered other Tmobile plan, that's fantastic! Thank you all!

Went to a MetroPCS store today to get this deal for my nephew and there are actually 5 phones to pick from (ie 2 more besides the ones mentioned previously in this thread). I remember seeing that one of the others was a Samsung flip phone.

Skipping 9 Messages...
GudSpellur said:   horizon6 said:   Must you buy Wally Mart cards each month, or order a refill each month or could you use a auto-bill credit card order for a monthly Wally Mart refill to the Metro PCS? Thanks.

Anyone want to comment on this vs. Boost/Virgin-Mobile or on Metro PCS possibly using of Wi-Fi for calling?

I think you have to buy a physical card but of course you can buy several at a time and use 1 per month.

Also if you refill before the current card expires (refill the day BEFORE it says it expires) unused minutes and data rollover.

These cards do not work on smartphones so call Metro first and make sure your phone works with the cards before buying 1.

Thank you for the response.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014