• Go to page :
  • 1 2
  • Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Credit to AeroZeppelin at SD.

News Article

I don't know if this is to lure customers, or because the NFL is having a Thursday game Week 2 thru 17 and make Sunday Ticket less important.

Member Summary

NFL Sunday Ticket
Thanks Neilium
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
Should I cancel my existing subscription BEFORE signing her up? Or does it matter at all?

sbleds (Sep. 12, 2012 @ 1:24p) |

Just called and got ST Max w/RedZone for free.....not even a contract extension.

pobox2001 (Sep. 14, 2012 @ 12:53p) |

can you elaborate a bit on how you got this deal? did you speak with retentions and say anything in particular?

and by no... (more)

dohmai (Sep. 14, 2012 @ 1:18p) |

Staff Summary
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

sweet

Great news; I've subscribed for the past three years and was actually contemplating not subscribing to it this year. Now I'm in.

They're lowering prices instead of raising them like every other year? What's this world coming to?

I really only want the Red Zone channel, I still don't know why they don't offer that for a price for the season. I've been able to get it free the last 2 years but one of these days they'll tell me no.

Wow, that made my day!

Great!! Only $199 for basketball w/ helmets & shoulder pads. I'm done w/ NFL. Replay the old games & in the same time it took to show them back then, 2 hours.

I stopped subscribing years ago when it went over $99. It is a shocker that the price went down instead of up... but the package is still way overpriced and I simply refuse.

I hope I can get the very same rate I have had for the last 5 years, FREE Sunday Ticket

It's quite sad that it's STILL that overpriced.

you can find almost any game streaming on the internet- get it on your bigscreen with apple tv or google tv or Roku or a simple hdmi cable.
... start with justin.tv then look on firstrowsports.eu (don't go to firstrowsports.com)--

ucsdgaspasser said:   you can find almost any game streaming on the internet- get it on your bigscreen with apple tv or google tv or Roku or a simple hdmi cable.
... start with justin.tv then look on firstrowsports.eu (don't go to firstrowsports.com)--

Except you might spend half the day trying to find a connection since the NFL shuts the feed. I rather just pay and not worry about getting cut off

ucsdgaspasser said:   you can find almost any game streaming on the internet- get it on your bigscreen with apple tv or google tv or Roku or a simple hdmi cable.

Some of us have nice TV's and home theater systems. I only watch 720 and 1080.

So, for someone like me, who joined DirecTV last year for the first time, and got NFL Sunday Ticket for free, what are my options this year? i.e - How were some of you able to get it for free for so many consecutive years?

I also wish the Red Zone channel were an option by itself. That's mostly all I watched on it last season.

HokieBrian said:   So, for someone like me, who joined DirecTV last year for the first time, and got NFL Sunday Ticket for free, what are my options this year? i.e - How were some of you able to get it for free for so many consecutive years?

I also wish the Red Zone channel were an option by itself. That's mostly all I watched on it last season.

If you are still under contract, which you probably will be it will be harder to negotitate anything. However, it's probably set up on your account to auto-renew. If you call and cancel before the first billing cylce, they'll probably offer you a discounted price, make sure you tell them it's too expensive. Once your contract is up, your negotiating power increases.

I've been getting just the Red Zone channel for the last 2 years for free, I tell them the local cable company offers it as part of the package and they just give it to me. I have been out of contract for over 2 year though.

It's all a big game and hit and miss. Depends who you get on the phone also. Good luck!

Redzone channel on Dish is good enough for me

I looked on my account (as I signed up and got it for free last year), and it is listed as 2011 NFL Sunday Ticket - $0. I can sign up for 2012 NFL Sunday Ticket and it will be $199. I think everybody will be getting this price as the highest price, and negotiate down from there (or get it free if you are a new 2012 subscriber).

As far as it being overpriced - sure, I wish it was cheaper, but paying for this and watching the games at home is significantly cheaper than what I would spend to go to a bar every week to see my team play, since I don't live in its market. And I actually get to see it on the big screen in front of me, pause it when I want, catch up during commercials, replay things I want to see again, and switch and watch other games at halftime, AND I can watch better games in the other time slot if I normally would get a crappy game.

You can say it is too expensive, but the massive number of people who pay the price says otherwise.

dk240t said:   I looked on my account (as I signed up and got it for free last year), and it is listed as 2011 NFL Sunday Ticket - $0. I can sign up for 2012 NFL Sunday Ticket and it will be $199. I think everybody will be getting this price as the highest price, and negotiate down from there (or get it free if you are a new 2012 subscriber).

As far as it being overpriced - sure, I wish it was cheaper, but paying for this and watching the games at home is significantly cheaper than what I would spend to go to a bar every week to see my team play, since I don't live in its market. And I actually get to see it on the big screen in front of me, pause it when I want, catch up during commercials, replay things I want to see again, and switch and watch other games at halftime, AND I can watch better games in the other time slot if I normally would get a crappy game.

You can say it is too expensive, but the massive number of people who pay the price says otherwise.

I'm in the same boat as you and subscribe to the same philosophy. Although I am less than an hour drive from my teams stadium I am considered out of market by DirecTV. I could easily drop $100 for one Sunday between drinks and eats; plus I don't have to worry about driving home afterwards which saves me a whole bunch more headache.

bpd67 said:   HokieBrian said:   So, for someone like me, who joined DirecTV last year for the first time, and got NFL Sunday Ticket for free, what are my options this year? i.e - How were some of you able to get it for free for so many consecutive years?

If you are still under contract, which you probably will be it will be harder to negotitate anything. However, it's probably set up on your account to auto-renew. If you call and cancel before the first billing cylce, they'll probably offer you a discounted price, make sure you tell them it's too expensive. Once your contract is up, your negotiating power increases.

I've been getting just the Red Zone channel for the last 2 years for free, I tell them the local cable company offers it as part of the package and they just give it to me. I have been out of contract for over 2 year though.

It's all a big game and hit and miss. Depends who you get on the phone also. Good luck!

This is completely wrong.

When my 12-month promotion discounts ended, I called up, and said that I've done the math, and even though I'm going to pay a penalty, I'm going to cancel early due to financial hardship. They first suggested cancelling my Encore channels ($5/month, big deal), but I said my wife would complain. They ended up extending my discounts without extending my contract.

Then, a week later, I called up and said that I love football but the existing sunday ticket package is just too expensive, can you do anything? I got the package last year for $99.

BADsirIVAN said:   I stopped subscribing years ago when it went over $99. It is a shocker that the price went down instead of up... but the package is still way overpriced and I simply refuse.

agreed, for 99 I might. There is at least 2 games on throughout the whole day plus with streaming capabilities I get to watch all I need.

HokieBrian said:   So, for someone like me, who joined DirecTV last year for the first time, and got NFL Sunday Ticket for free, what are my options this year? i.e - How were some of you able to get it for free for so many consecutive years?

Don't forget Directv will AUTOMATICALY renew your NFL Sunday Ticket if you had it last year, with NO possibility for a refund. The deadline to OPT OUT this year is July 6th. If you don't call ahead you will be getting a big surprise on your August bill.

toy4two said:   HokieBrian said:   So, for someone like me, who joined DirecTV last year for the first time, and got NFL Sunday Ticket for free, what are my options this year? i.e - How were some of you able to get it for free for so many consecutive years?

Don't forget Directv will AUTOMATICALY renew your NFL Sunday Ticket if you had it last year, with NO possibility for a refund. The deadline to OPT OUT this year is July 6th. If you don't call ahead you will be getting a big surprise on your August bill.

Yes, I'm aware of the renewal, and actually already called last month, but the lady talked me into waiting until the end of June to call, because they might have better deals going to keep me enrolled. Also, I think you can still get a refund up until the time that the season actually starts. At least, that's what she told me. I still plan on stopping the auto-renewal prior to July; I stick to the KISS principle.

In addition, the $199 price does not include the Red Zone channel, you have to go to Sunday Ticket Max to get the Red Zone Channel. I'll be calling and trying to argue just for the Red Zone again this year.

bpd67 said:   In addition, the $199 price does not include the Red Zone channel, you have to go to Sunday Ticket Max to get the Red Zone Channel. I'll be calling and trying to argue just for the Red Zone again this year.

Right. I don't want any of it, if I can't have the Red Zone, and I'm certainly not paying $299 for that. I told her I could do $99 for the Sunday Ticket Max, and that was it. That's when she said I should just wait a little longer.

HokieBrian said:   bpd67 said:   In addition, the $199 price does not include the Red Zone channel, you have to go to Sunday Ticket Max to get the Red Zone Channel. I'll be calling and trying to argue just for the Red Zone again this year.

Right. I don't want any of it, if I can't have the Red Zone, and I'm certainly not paying $299 for that. I told her I could do $99 for the Sunday Ticket Max, and that was it. That's when she said I should just wait a little longer.

Keep us posted at what you end up with. I really only want Red Zone and usually argue and get that for free. Usually you can get ST without much fuss at half price, but for Max that's still not within your $99 range. See how things turn out in the next couple months.

Best deal I got was 24.99/6 month for Standard nfl ticket or 34.99/6 month for NFL Ticket MAX (includes redzone, online watching and 30 min game replay). I decided to pass this year.

I called in last night. I went through the cancellation department. I was offered ST Max for 23.99/2. The last 2 years I have gotten it free and I have a TON of discounts of my account curretnly, so I didn't push too hard. I figure 48.98 for ST Max was a good deal.
Note: I was originally offered Regular ST with free Red zone, but I turned that down explaining how I like to watch the games on my iphone. The above deal was immediately offered.

I'm on auto renew at $299.99 for the Max package. Called and told them couldn't afford it this year and best he could offer was 50% off. $99 for the standard package or $149 for the max package. I took the $149 max package - I'll watch for other deals, I was able to get it lowered twice last season.

What's the difference between standard and max?

dusttones said:   I'm on auto renew at $299.99 for the Max package. Called and told them couldn't afford it this year and best he could offer was 50% off. $99 for the standard package or $149 for the max package. I took the $149 max package - I'll watch for other deals, I was able to get it lowered twice last season.

Wow, I wish I would have seen this earlier. I cancelled mine today; the best she offered was the ST @ $199 w/ Red Zone free. I would have certainly taken Max for $149, but maybe it wasn't offered because I'm only entering my 2nd year.

I was honestly going to cancel (got it free for signing up last year) and they came down to 24.99/mo for the max package (w/ RedZone). I asked if that was as low as she could go and she threw in one free month, so $125 total. I have till early September to cancel.

Good Luck & Go Ravens!
-Rob

Or you could sign up for the NFL credit card spend $750 by 12/31/12 and get free $200 to pay for NFL package

http://www.nflextrapoints.com/mvt28/?campaignId=1571&cellNumber=505&vanityURL=sundayticket

I'm going into my 2nd year and called to negotiate down to $149 for ST MAX (w/Redzone) They wouldn't go any lower. Good deal. I'm happy with it...but $125 for ST MAX sounds even nicer.

I just called in and they just cancelled it. They did not offer any discounts. I will wait and see what happens down the road.

athachish said:   Or you could sign up for the NFL credit card spend $750 by 12/31/12 and get free $200 to pay for NFL package

http://www.nflextrapoints.com/mvt28/?campaignId=1571&cellNumber=...

Sweet man, thanks.

I just got my annual free Sunday Ticket, and $30 (3 mo @$10)off for the Viacom channels. It appears I also get the redzone for free, which I never even asked for. 6 year customer, out of contract, NO contract extension. I always bypass the normal cs reps and go to retentions.

07/17/2012 XXXXXXXX9393 NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2012 HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
07/17/2012 XXXXXXXX1456 NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2012 - Pre-Ssn Sprt Cxl ($99.96) ($6.00)
07/17/2012 XXXXXXXX9393 NFL SUNDAY TICKET 2012 - Charge $99.96 $6.00
07/17/2012 XXXXXXXX9393 Red Zone Channel 2012 HD - Charge $0.00 $0.00
07/17/2012 XXXXXXXX9393 Red Zone Channel 2012 - Charge $0.00 $0.00

I just got NFL ST Max for $100 AND $30 off (3 mo /@$10 off per) for the Viacom channels. Also no contract extension. I felt like I should have gotten more but I will be calling back when the ticket expires. Also got 6 months of Starz/Encore for the Viacom fiasco as well.

Directv setteled the Viacom thing, and the channels are back on right now.

I got a $30 credit, and the supervisor of retentions told me that will stay on my account, no matter if they settled or not.

Skipping 32 Messages...
pobox2001 said:   Just called and got ST Max w/RedZone for free.....not even a contract extension.

can you elaborate a bit on how you got this deal? did you speak with retentions and say anything in particular?

and by not even a contract extension, does that mean you are still in contract before you got the free Redzone?

i'm in the second year of my contract and have already canceled RZ but would like it for free obviously.. just not sure what leverage i have at this point in my contract

thanks for the help!

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014