• Text Only
i get to do anything i want without rooting, what's the advantage of it.

kmand said:   Is there any evidence that this has sent the used/refurb market down for this phone?
I paid $650 for my GSM GNEX a few months ago. Today, it can be had new w/warranty for $399. I might be able to sell it for, say, $340, a loss of $310.

So, yes, the used market is screwed for this phone. Just the way it is. I don't foresee selling it for a long, long time. I love it.

molar said:   just received GN from Expansys Brand new working great on tmobile and tzones ics 4.0.2

I got mine from Expansys, but the phone is from Japan instead of UK. The box, manual and warranty card are in Japaness. The warrant card had a sell date on 3/25/2012. ICS 4.0.1. Phone looks new though.

f2000sa said:   Root it, and then you can remove it (search bar that is

You lose your warranty by rooting. So think about it.

If you know how to root, you'll also realize its easy to un-root and return to stock. One of the side benefits of owning a Nexus

If you know how to root, you'll also realize its easy to un-root and return to stock.

How about you brick your device during the process??

f2000sa said:   If you know how to root, you'll also realize its easy to un-root and return to stock.

It is pretty difficult to brick these. I did some pretty stupid stuff with my Galaxy S II (Sprint Epic 4G Touch) and was able to ODIN my way back to safety. I personally wouldn't worry about it.

f2000sa said:   If you know how to root, you'll also realize its easy to un-root and return to stock.

If it's truly bricked, they can't tell that you rooted it.

you have to try really hard to brick a Nexus.

Got GN from Google. Try to configure language and input method to have Chinese handwriting as in iphone, found out that it is not there. Am I missing something? Would love to have it without downloading 3rd party apps.

R.

twwoods2002 said:   Got GN from Google. Try to configure language and input method to have Chinese handwriting as in iphone, found out that it is not there. Am I missing something? Would love to have it without downloading 3rd party apps.

R.

I don't think it comes with Chinese input at all. I download Google Pingyin and Baidu input.

chaddi said:   
Don't worry, it'll keep getting hotter and hotter. Nothing beats the iphone ..yet.

The iPhone is for simple minded folks who like to play with blocks.

jimmax said:   twwoods2002 said:   Got GN from Google. Try to configure language and input method to have Chinese handwriting as in iphone, found out that it is not there. Am I missing something? Would love to have it without downloading 3rd party apps.

R.

I don't think it comes with Chinese input at all. I download Google Pingyin and Baidu input.

Thanks. Will try those 3rd party apps then.

R.

Best phone in the market which supports 3g on AT&T + T-Mobile

yaijic said:   Hurrikane said:   How much money do you save each month over 2 years of not being on contract if you have comparable plans? Anyone have a case example?
Sprint $89.99 x 24 = $2,160
Boost Mobile: $50 x 24 = $1,200

iPhone from work - $0

zulu2003 said:   Finally got the Nexus in my hands. I am annoyed by the Google search bar taking so mush estate in 4.x but other than that I'm ordering one more to replace mine too. This will replace an iPhone and HTC G2, kids will stay on Samsung Exhibit II.

It's fast, light, large screen and all apps that I use every day on the G2 look much better on Nexus. I tried some launchers and they were all crashing after a while, so for now I am not going to mess around with fine tuning every pixel of my homescreens. I like it that I can now create folders, but I already had my folders organized with Folders Organizer app. I like to setup widgets that dynamically get icons based on my tags. I finally turned on a live wallpaper to test the CPU while using apps, and I cannot notice any additional delays so I'll keep them. I would notice it on the G2. Next stress test will be to use GPS, turn on hotspot for kids in the back, play Pandora while I'm driving, but I am confident this thing will run them without a hitch.

Only if the S3 would have matched the price for unlocked I would have waited. They didn't announce prices + I need new phones = two Nexus sold.

No need to root to remove search bar. Try Nova Launcher from the play store.

Got in on deal and have the Nexus phone in hand. It's a great phone and all that. But weighting if I should return it or not. It's going to cost me $60 bucks (restocking fee is 15%) on a phone that costs $400 bucks or so. My main reason is this, No micro slot to add memory (16Gigs is pretty little, especially with no free dropbox offered with phone, main camera at 5 MP (which doesn't measure up to the HTC ONE S or X phone ( HTC is at 8MP), which I also consider). But the main kick in the pants is that Google's planning to release 5 different flavors of Galaxy Nexus this fall. I'm sure all five flavors will have better specs than this current version of Nexus. The only question left: should I wait till fall? Any suggestions?

Just signed up for $30 dollar 100min + 5GB 4G Tmo plan.
I didn't realize my unlocked Samsung Infuse only have Edge speed on T-Mobile network, so I ordered this phone yesterday.
Can't wait to get it and try it out.
Hopeful, the free tethering works.

OP here.
Finally ordered my phone yesterday. I should have it on Monday.
Also ordered a SIM from TMobile Prepaid website. Should have that sometime next week.

I'll port my current Sprint phone number to Google Voice ($20) and then I'll be following this guide and pay $28.50 a month for the TMobile 100 minute / Unlimited Text / Unlimited Data plan .

There's plenty of cheap cases available on eBay.. I bought one for $1.70 shipped.

Cant wait to get my hands on this phone. Goodbye SERO.. you will be missed.

Sandra1900 said:   Got in on deal and have the Nexus phone in hand. It's a great phone and all that. But weighting if I should return it or not. It's going to cost me $60 bucks (restocking fee is 15%) on a phone that costs $400 bucks or so. My main reason is this, No micro slot to add memory (16Gigs is pretty little, especially with no free dropbox offered with phone, main camera at 5 MP (which doesn't measure up to the HTC ONE S or X phone ( HTC is at 8MP), which I also consider). But the main kick in the pants is that Google's planning to release 5 different flavors of Galaxy Nexus this fall. I'm sure all five flavors will have better specs than this current version of Nexus. The only question left: should I wait till fall? Any suggestions?

5 new Google Samsung phones? Weird, they've never repeated before, have they? They always changed vendors.

And heck, now they even own Motorola (MMI).

Phone is now on eBay daily deals for $370 today

imtiaz78 said:   Phone is now on eBay daily deals for $370 todayno it's not.

KayK said:   

My Touch Pro 2 is reaching the end of its service life and man this is tempting considering $20/month less. But the lack of roaming when T-mo's coverage map is swiss cheese with lots of holes concerns me. That's always been one of the greatest perks of SERO for me.

My bag, meant to say 5 flavors of Nexus phone this fall. NOT all five phones are from the same manufacturers. Not really sure which manufacturers are involved, the article doesn't go into details. Here's the link: Linky

Sandra1900 said:   Got in on deal and have the Nexus phone in hand. It's a great phone and all that. But weighting if I should return it or not. It's going to cost me $60 bucks (restocking fee is 15%) on a phone that costs $400 bucks or so. My main reason is this, No micro slot to add memory (16Gigs is pretty little, especially with no free dropbox offered with phone, main camera at 5 MP (which doesn't measure up to the HTC ONE S or X phone ( HTC is at 8MP), which I also consider). But the main kick in the pants is that Google's planning to release 5 different flavors of Galaxy Nexus this fall. I'm sure all five flavors will have better specs than this current version of Nexus. The only question left: should I wait till fall? Any suggestions?
This phone was never designed to win some sort of spec war. It's all about optimized bloatware free software that works beautifully.

It's by far the best unlocked pentaband ICS / Pure Google device out. If that's not enough for you, then return it. My vote is you will seriously regret getting any other Android phone. Sense, Touchwiz, all crap overlays are a nightmare.

Good luck, but I'd superglue my SIM in there if I were you. It's the only device that's made me stop buying unlocked phones (and I've had them all - well almost).

I gave up sero for this phone, and jumped on the T-Mobile 30 month plan. I can vouch for the free tethering, use the phone as a wifi hot spot with the free FoxFi app. My only gripe is the speaker is to quiet. Did a lot of looking around and the volume+ app seems to fix it $1.99. This might help a few people.

Can anybody suggest the best way to insure this phone, or link me to a thread discussing it? I am about to get this phone this week, and I'd sure like to insure it from damage and theft/loss.

KayK said:   
I'll port my current Sprint phone number to Google Voice ($20

Quick question mostly off topic -- I keep getting the "porting of your number is not available in your area" when trying to port my number to them -- I currently have the number on a Simple Mobile plan -- but would like to have it on Google Voice so I can bounce around at will to different carriers... Any idea on other options available to me?

KayK said:   OP here.
Also ordered a SIM from TMobile Prepaid website. Should have that sometime next week.

I'll port my current Sprint phone number to Google Voice ($20) and then I'll be following this guide and pay $28.50 a month for the TMobile 100 minute / Unlimited Text / Unlimited Data plan .

There's plenty of cheap cases available on eBay.. I bought one for $1.70 shipped.

Why only $28.50 a month...just ordered mine..can't wait!

coralcaves said:   KayK said:   OP here.

Why only $28.50 a month...just ordered mine..can't wait!

keepcalling.com has 5% discount all the time. Recharge link : KeepCalling

Sandra1900 said:   My bag, meant to say 5 flavors of Nexus phone this fall.

To clarify, it's 5 Nexus devices...one or two will be tablets with one showing up in July...

THANKS OP.... in for 1

KayK said:   Now that's what I call a hot deal!

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa

ETA: 4G speeds on both AT&T AND T-Mobile. This is one of the very few pentaband GSM phones out there.

Hi:

1. Is this phone carry US warantty, not international

2. Can this phone be able to capture video in 1080 format or just 720?

Thanks

Nice!

Are you really that lazy or do you prefer to be spoon fed?
The link is right there in your quoted reply.
Read a little, learn a lot.

owenyuen said:   KayK said:   Now that's what I call a hot deal!

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa

ETA: 4G speeds on both AT&T AND T-Mobile. This is one of the very few pentaband GSM phones out there.

Hi:

1. Is this phone carry US warantty, not international

2. Can this phone be able to capture video in 1080 format or just 720?

Thanks

Price dropped to $349 today.

^^

wow, if the camera didn't suck so bad I'd be all over that.

Jellybean soon, I don't think I can say no to this any longer...how bad is the camera?

VoR said:   Jellybean soon, I don't think I can say no to this any longer...how bad is the camera?

tech forum said: The Gnex camera had problems with autofocus that resulted in blurry pictures if you moved the camera a fraction of a nanometer after the initial focus. The worst of it was cleared up in 4.0.4, but you still have to hold the thing very steady to get a good picture.
It's not an autofocus issue. It's a problem with the stabilizer hardware on the phone. MOST Android phones (especially the GNex and also including the HTC One X) suffer from poor image stabilizing hardware because apparently, manufacturers just can't be arsed to improve them.

In contrast, Apple pays some pretty insane attention to the image stabilizer hardware, and as a result, you get clearer shots with the iPhone 4 and 4S (especially with 4S) whereas in reality, I don't think you can class either of them as having superior lens or sensors compared to the competition.

Will jellybean fix this?

amazing offer !!!
Nexus camera was fine.it actually works better compared to S2.
Its clearer and appears more real.
this phone even best to those who are fond of watching movie over the phone.
the screen is big and clear.
and weight, gosh !! it seems like your not handling anything...its not bothersome, its very easy to handle.

VoR said:   Jellybean soon, I don't think I can say no to this any longer...how bad is the camera?

I have the CDMA version and love the phone, but I can't stand the camera. In good outdoor light with little to no movement pictures come out pretty well. Just about anything indoors, in low light, or with the slightest movement and the pictures suck. I've got a 5 year old and an 18 month old and I don't even bother using it to try and take pictures of them.

Better techology was available when this phone was released, there's no reason it shouldn't have been given a better camera.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014