• Text Only

Istanbul
Disclaimer
Was out of country for the past 10 days. New price updated in Title
Sweet sweet phone. Love mine

<-- Photo of Istanbul, Turkey from up above taken from my Nexus. Lower part is Asian side of Istanbul, upper part is the European side.

SteelRing said:   dont think they rolled out the jelly bean yet, but when they do your phone will notify you, download it, then reboot itself to install it. thats what happened to my gnex last time the released 4.04.

Thanks for advice!!

Sold out I think. I just checked and cannot order it!!! Did I miss something?

husky55 said:   Sold out I think. I just checked and cannot order it!!! Did I miss something?

It's been removed from the Google Play store because Apple was granted an injunction preventing the phone from being sold.

apple posted the bond to enforce the sales ban yesterday. so this item is now officially a contraband.... fukcng half-eaten white fruit fanboys rejoice.

Oh this sucks!!!! I am really a noob when it comes to smart phone but this does not smell right to me.

http://www.engadget.com/2012/07/05/google-confirms-galaxy-nexus-was-pulled-from-play-store-due-to-i/

Google Nexus will be back in store next week.. will be shipped with Android 4.1 Jelly Bean.

Google is accepting orders again (ships in 1-2 weeks)

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa

Am I reading it wrong... no GPS?? Seriously?
No Satellite based GPS?

ElectricGerm said:   Am I reading it wrong... no GPS?? Seriously?
No Satellite based GPS?
Yes, you are reading it wrong. Been using Navigon with GNex since day 1 (and Navigon requires a satellite GPS).

Not sure but was Told that no wifi calling feature with TMobile on this phone.

byteless said:   Not sure but was Told that no wifi calling feature with TMobile on this phone.

Confirmed. This is the vanilla version of android. No carrier-specific software installed, including wifi-calling. But you'll still be able to use other VO-IP services such as Skype.

Wifi calling feature is useful where you don't have much radio coverage or if you are overseas got limo.

byteless said:   Wifi calling feature is useful where you don't have much radio coverage or if you are overseas got limo.
I agree, it was a godsend when I was in Europe. Easy to get wifi and when you call, its the same number when it pops into friends/family phones.

If you root the phone (maybe not even necessary) it should be a trivial matter to find the apk for t-mo's wifi calling app.

gtalum said:   If you root the phone (maybe not even necessary) it should be a trivial matter to find the apk for t-mo's wifi calling app.

What are you looking to achieve? Install GrooveIP from the market, no root required I don't think. That'll let you use Google Voice over Wifi. It's really useful. I think it costs a few bucks, plus your GV minutes (if applicable), but it does work very well.

sjwaste said:   gtalum said:   If you root the phone (maybe not even necessary) it should be a trivial matter to find the apk for t-mo's wifi calling app.

What are you looking to achieve? Install GrooveIP from the market, no root required I don't think. That'll let you use Google Voice over Wifi. It's really useful. I think it costs a few bucks, plus your GV minutes (if applicable), but it does work very well.

Much more discussion in this thread

gtalum said:   If you root the phone (maybe not even necessary) it should be a trivial matter to find the apk for t-mo's wifi calling app.
that was true on Gingerbread, but not in ICS, they baked the features in the ROM framework, only apk is not working even on the AOSP ROMs with the supported devices like SGS2

sjwaste said:   gtalum said:   If you root the phone (maybe not even necessary) it should be a trivial matter to find the apk for t-mo's wifi calling app.

GV + GrooveIP still need you to add the SIP account along with it, without SIP you can't use either of them.

again this is VoIP not Wifi calling feature what tmobile is offering which is the same TMO number to calling in and call out on radio tower and use the same TMO number on wifi zone. i.e. if you are overseas just put your phone on airplane mode and turn on the wifi, you have you cellphone service back without any roaming charges.

for me its very useful feature.

sherap2 said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   sherap2 said:   ADD TAX PLUS SHIPPING becomes about $440. gets worse when the truth comes out, isn't it?

so total price is NOT $399. OP should add the $40.

I am waiting for a deal on the HTC ONE X ( for me it is currently the granddaddy of all smartphones)

Well if you live in Oregon...

you dont have to living in oregon to be charged $40 on top of $399.
$30 tax plus $10 shipping in nonoregon states too.

so this deal is not AS SWEET AS IT IS POSTED!

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. My final price was $383, and that is with tax and shipping.

I don't think wifi-calling on T-Mobile consists of just getting the *.apk

There's a good reason why wifi-calling didn't come out for the Nexus One for a LONG time.

NeuroSynapsis said:   tek2k said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   

so sad, $349 for this caliber phone is ridiculous.

show me a no contract phone for the same price that can compete. you can't.

yes, which is why I said $349 for this phone is ridiculous. Ridiculous meaning ridiculously cheap for the quality of phone.

and if it had a better camera, I'd be all over it.

But the camera is not the only aspect of the phone. Cameras on mobile devices are meant to be used when an opportunity for a picture arises quickly, not some amazing image that you spend days planning; the quality doesn't matter as long as you can see the picture. The fact is, this is an amazing phone... one of the best on the market.

I rec'd the email today informing me of the $50 refund, very nice!

goheels34 said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   tek2k said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   

so sad, $349 for this caliber phone is ridiculous.

show me a no contract phone for the same price that can compete. you can't.

yes, which is why I said $349 for this phone is ridiculous. Ridiculous meaning ridiculously cheap for the quality of phone.

and if it had a better camera, I'd be all over it.

But the camera is not the only aspect of the phone. Cameras on mobile devices are meant to be used when an opportunity for a picture arises quickly, not some amazing image that you spend days planning; the quality doesn't matter as long as you can see the picture. The fact is, this is an amazing phone... one of the best on the market.

I guess that's how a Nexus owner sees it but the pictures that I got off my phone got printed into a Shutterfly book.

Best camera is the one you have on you, and I'm not carrying around 2 devices. Also, a blurry picture (like you may get with a Nexus due to crappy stabilization) means the picture won't be able to see the picture.

We can argue this point all day long and a bunch of people can jump in saying "the pictures I take on the Nexus are fine", but the sheer number of people saying how awful the camera on the Nexus means that it's a deal breaker for me. I understand others don't care as much.

Jelly Bean is rolling out for these now. There is information on androidpolice.com on how to get it quicker if you can't stand to wait. The process of installing it early (instead of waiting for OTA update) requires root or bootloader unlock.

Got updated yesterday OTA to Android 4.1.1
Jelly Bean is awesome.

Where's your Jellybean One X / GS3 owners? Yeah.. thought so.

I'm with you, I love the camera on my iPhone4 and the poor camera reviews on the Nexus and making me hesitant to jump ship. The Galaxy S3 supposedly has a much better camera, but it's $300 more. Really wish Google hadn't skimped in this area.

KayK said:   Got updated yesterday OTA to Android 4.1.1
Jelly Bean is awesome.

Where's your Jellybean One X / GS3 owners? Yeah.. thought so.

Lesson: always buy a Nexus. End of story.

I couldn't find it on the T-Mobile website too. But somehow I found a link somewhere.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans

navtej said:   What is this $30 T-Mobile plan you guys are mentioning? I can't find it on tmo's site. Is it something regional? I'm in CA.

edit: Oh, it's a prepaid plan. That's weird, I wish I had known about this like a year ago.

I couldn't find it on the T-Mobile website too. But somehow I found a link somewhere.

http://prepaid-phones.t-mobile.com/monthly-4g-plans

goheels34 said:   sherap2 said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   sherap2 said:   ADD TAX PLUS SHIPPING becomes about $440. gets worse when the truth comes out, isn't it?

so total price is NOT $399. OP should add the $40.

I am waiting for a deal on the HTC ONE X ( for me it is currently the granddaddy of all smartphones)

Well if you live in Oregon...

you dont have to living in oregon to be charged $40 on top of $399.
$30 tax plus $10 shipping in nonoregon states too.

so this deal is not AS SWEET AS IT IS POSTED!

I have no idea what you guys are talking about. My final price was $383, and that is with tax and shipping.

The base price used to be $399 + tax + shipping. The current price of $350 is fairly new.

I rec'd the email today informing me of the $50 refund, very nice!

When did you place your order?

Mine got updated to JellyBean OTA yesterday afternoon. It simply asked if I want to reboot, and when it comes to it's all done.... easy peasy

f2000sa said:   I rec'd the email today informing me of the $50 refund, very nice!

When did you place your order?
I ordered on June 24 (Sunday) and received on Tues I believe, the 26th.

Phone did update to jellybean yesterday, July 13.

Excellent guide on using this phone with the T-Mobile $30, 100 minute, 5GB plan:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646755

I received my Nexus on Friday and received the JellyBean update yesterday. The notification LED has not worked at all for charging, texts, email, calls or anything else. Can someone else just getting this phone from the Play store confirm that their notification LED works? I even tried the light flow app and it doesn't do anything. thanks,

I have ordered it yesterday and not yet shipped.. Now their help center lines are down....

ab2pk said:   I have ordered it yesterday and not yet shipped.. Now their help center lines are down....

http://support.google.com/googleplay/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=...

Specifically: However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment.

ab2pk said:   I have ordered it yesterday and not yet shipped.. Now their help center lines are down....

Same boat - ordered Saturday, hasn't shipped. IIRC, it said something like 24-48 hours processing time. Still, I wish they would hurry so I can give AT&T the middle finger.

johndeve said:   I received my Nexus on Friday and received the JellyBean update yesterday. The notification LED has not worked at all for charging, texts, email, calls or anything else. Can someone else just getting this phone from the Play store confirm that their notification LED works? I even tried the light flow app and it doesn't do anything. thanks,

I have ordered three from the Play store and the notification light works on all of them.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014