• Text Only
ADD TAX PLUS SHIPPING becomes about $440. gets worse when the truth comes out, isn't it?

so total price is NOT $399. OP should add the $40.

I am waiting for a deal on the HTC ONE X ( for me it is currently the granddaddy of all smartphones)

fatxman said:   Not sure what google is trying to do here. You can get the latest iPhone for $199 from Apple.com. Google is charging 2x as much.
how can you post such a smart comment? lol

sherap2 said:   ADD TAX PLUS SHIPPING becomes about $440. gets worse when the truth comes out, isn't it?

I am waiting for a deal on the HTC ONE X ( for me it is currently the granddaddy of all smartphones)

Well if you live in Oregon...

fatxman said:   Not sure what google is trying to do here. You can get the latest iPhone for $199 from Apple.com. Google is charging 2x as much.

You can get MUCH cheaper services than what Apple will allow after they get finished kissing up to their cronies like AT&T, Verizon, ect. PLUS, you don't need a CONTRACT. PLUS Android is far more open (not perfectly open - but) far more open than Apple. Install whatever app you want, whenever you want, as you want. PLUS the profits don't go to Apple - a bonus in and of itself.

NeuroSynapsis said:   sherap2 said:   ADD TAX PLUS SHIPPING becomes about $440. gets worse when the truth comes out, isn't it?

you dont have to living in oregon to be charged $40 on top of $399.
$30 tax plus $10 shipping in nonoregon states too.

so this deal is not AS SWEET AS IT IS POSTED!

sherap2 said:   NeuroSynapsis said:   sherap2 said:   ADD TAX PLUS SHIPPING becomes about $440. gets worse when the truth comes out, isn't it?

you dont have to living in oregon to be charged $40 on top of $399.
$30 tax plus $10 shipping in nonoregon states too.

so this deal is not AS SWEET AS IT IS POSTED!

I think he was making the point that Oregon does not have sales tax.

But I do agree that OP should put +tax and shipping in title.

I was ready to pull the trigger on the deal but the Tax really killed it..

Good one! Green for sure.

coolmind said:   does it work in India?yes I does. I buy it for my father in india

benwade said:   fatxman said:   Not sure what google is trying to do here. You can get the latest iPhone for $199 from Apple.com. Google is charging 2x as much.

You can get MUCH cheaper services than what Apple will allow after they get finished kissing up to their cronies like AT&T, Verizon, ect. PLUS, you don't need a CONTRACT. PLUS Android is far more open (not perfectly open - but) far more open than Apple. Install whatever app you want, whenever you want, as you want. PLUS the profits don't go to Apple - a bonus in and of itself.

Actually, as a light user, you could have spent as little as $15/month on service (10 cents/min voice, plus amortized $25 500MB packages) via AT&T GoPhone.
This has been a known way to circumvent the above problem of having to commit to a 2-year deal. This was good for not just iPhone products, but any 1900MHz 3G through HSPA+ devices.

Now, this is no longer really an option, but you can still pay about $36 a month as opposed to the obscene amounts if you were on contract. T-Mobile does have 1900MHz deployed in parts of the West coast (check howardforums), so the $30/month plan is still available.

There is still the problem of having to shell $650+ for an unlocked iPhone, but it is what it is.

Hate on Apple as much as you want. Don't get me wrong, this is a great deal on a fantastic device if it suits your needs, but at least the vast majority of developers are still here in the US and are very hard working people. Can't really say the same for HTC or Samsung (here in the US, paying taxes), but it can be said for Google.

- A software developer

kashah said:   I believe the $40 Simple Mobile plan gives you 100 MB of 3G/faux-G speed. After that, you're on EDGE-speeds. Not sure about the $60 plan. The $45 Straight Talk gives u 2GB of 4G speed. Wish they'd just throttle after 2gb rather than booting you off.

I've used both. Simple mobile claims 3G, yet at no point did I EVER get 3G speeds. 119k thats it. If you get their '4g" plan you will get 3g speeds. Also max 2gb also will kick you off if you go over 80mb a day or 2gb a month. you will NOT get 4g speeds either, just regular 3g.

Straight Talk will generally give you acceptable speeds for $45 a month (put ca/oregon/new hampshire as a shipping address to avoid tax on WalMart.com). simple mobile will give you 2g speeds for $40. 3g speeds for $60, all on the less robust T-Mobile network.

Straight Talk is definitely the better option

tax and shipping killed it for me...although a good deal

I also have this phone on T-Mobile. Been using it for about 2 weeks now and I am starting to like it more and more. Been using a Blackberry for years now, and finally decided to try Android with this device and ICS. Took a little work, but got the Nexus working the way I want (sort of like a Blackberry, along with ringer profiles), by flashing the ROM to the latest Cyanogenmod 9 for the GN. Works great and way better than the stock ICS IMO. Got mine off eBay for this price, but no warranty (same as pretty much all of the ones sold in the US).

I think this one direct from google with a valid US warranty is a great deal. If I didn't already have one I'd have bought this for sure.

And if anyone needs a slim case, search for "galaxy nexus mesh case" on eBay. Great, super slim case!

Really hot deals!

What is this $30 T-Mobile plan you guys are mentioning? I can't find it on tmo's site. Is it something regional? I'm in CA.

edit: Oh, it's a prepaid plan. That's weird, I wish I had known about this like a year ago.

Excellent deal. I really like my Galaxy S II but I also only paid $80 the week it came out, when I renewed my contract. If I were buying for prepaid or without a contract, $399 + tax for this is a no brainer. My S II has a full retail of $599 -- that's more than my laptop! Crazy.

I tried the Exhibit II for $200 and didn't care for it. It had a few small bugs in it which was annoying enough to return. The Galaxy S II and Nexus are a lot more $$ but if you use your phone a lot, you'll definitely appreciate the extra horsepower and premium-ness of the phone.

Since everyone has to pay $10 shipping it should be $410 + tax in the OP to be clear. And then everyone can move to Delaware, Oregon or New Hampshire and pay $410

Like others I have bought this phone for more than that and using it on Tmobile and really like it. I use stock ICS but did root it for the capabilities that adds. It is very nice to get direct updates whenever you want and there is a very large development and support community for this phone. New superphones like the HTC One X are coming out, so its no longer the 'best' (this is dual core, and quad core is the next 'thing') but it is a very good phone at a good price.. but the speaker IS very quiet. Don't know why they went that way, maybe because the whole phone itself is somewhat understated, not flashy.

It would be a deal if no Tax and $10 shipping.

Find a friend in OR, NH, or DE and have it sent to them.

Ahhh! I have the CDMA version of the Galaxy Nexus, so this won't help me. Unfortunately, I'm locked on Sprint due to being a SERO customer. I travel internationally and this would have helped to consolidate everything into one phone...

For now... Samsung Galaxy Nexus for the U.S. and poor ole Blackberry for my international adventures

Expansys has it for 399 free ship tax only in illinois+fwcashback2% just bought one

http://www.expansys-usa.com/google-nexus-prime-android-smartphon...
Just bought one freeship tax only in illinois +fw CashBack 2%

molar said:   Expansys has it for 399 free ship tax only in illinois+fwcashback2% just bought oneyou realize it doesn't come with a usa warranty right? good luck trying to get it fixed by samsung if anything goes wrong

Is the difference in price between google and Expansys the 1 year warranty that the google galaxy nexus carries? Or does Expansys also offer the 1 year warranty?

Abscess, it says "Warranty: Manufacturer One Year" underneath where it says "Android Smartphone features"

Google states call samsung after their 14day buyers remorse period
After 14 days from delivery or for an out of warranty repair, please contact Samsung support at 1-888-987-HELP(4357). Samsung operates a repair and return service for Galaxy Nexus phones.

How is tax killing this deal? A few months ago I paid $650 for mine to be shipped to me with no warranty. Adding a little bit of state sales tax certainly should not be a barrier to purchase this wonderful phone for anyone.

gtalum said:   
Well, it's got "4G", but not true 4G. HSPA+ is pretty fast but it's not nearly as fast as true LTE 4G. On the plus side, most people would probably never really notice the speed difference and battery life is much better without LTE.

i'll take hspa+ "faux-G" over battery draining "true" 4g lte anyday.
subsidies, how do they work? do people SERIOUSLY still think like this? in-freakin-credible.

Buy with your visa signature card, it will double your warranty (one more year)

Chumpsky123 said:   Abscess, it says "Warranty: Manufacturer One Year" underneath where it says "Android Smartphone features"that is likely the international warranty, this is the same item listing and sku they used for the original international version of the gt-i9250

Amazon has it for $439.49 now 4/25 3:28pm Eastern

Amazon has it for $439.49 now 4/25 3:28pm Eastern

Not sold by Amzon, Fulfilled by Amazon. It may compromise your warranty.

I had HTC Inspire 4G, Motorola Blurr, Samsung Galaxy S2, HTC Amaze 4G, currently using Galaxy Nexus and ATT Galaxy note, never need it to use the warranty. if they gave me the choice to wave warranty for discount, i will accept it with no hesitatations. You will eventually void ur warranty once u flash ur devices, and yes, you will flash ur devices, the custom ROM is way much better and stables than stock ROM from the carriers.

, never need it to use the warranty. if they gave me the choice to wave warranty for discount, i will accept it with no hesitatations.

Warranty is kind like insurance. It will be sorely missed if you need it.

more than that, if you ever need to send it to samsung for repairs they won't touch it if you bought it outside the usa regardless if you pay for it or do a warranty claim. basically 0 usa support from the manufacturer

coolmind said:   fatxman said:   Not sure what google is trying to do here. You can get the latest iPhone for $199 from Apple.com. Google is charging 2x as much.
199 - 2 year contract..
this is w/o contract

I agree with the original question, yes, no contract which gives you the freedom of dumping the data plan when you cant afford it. But, it's not like most will save anything since they will be paying for a data plan, with or without a contract so why not take the subsidy? Not necessarily on an iPhone but any phone...

GWBush said:   coolmind said:   fatxman said:   Not sure what google is trying to do here. You can get the latest iPhone for $199 from Apple.com. Google is charging 2x as much.
199 - 2 year contract..
this is w/o contract

I agree with the original question, yes, no contract which gives you the freedom of dumping the data plan when you cant afford it. But, it's not like most will save anything since they will be paying for a data plan, with or without a contract so why not take the subsidy? Not necessarily on an iPhone but any phone...

One hidden thing that you do get as a result of getting an on-contract phone is not having a SIM-unlocked phone. Sure that doesn't really matter for neither Verizon nor Sprint, but it is a dealbreaker for many of us who travel frequently and would rather save by renting/purchasing SIM cards abroad.

Besides, if you know what you are doing, and you are a light enough user, you can break even without carrier subsidy in rather short order (usually about a year). That includes not having to pay ETF, too.

5678 said:   GWBush said:   coolmind said:   fatxman said:   Not sure what google is trying to do here. You can get the latest iPhone for $199 from Apple.com. Google is charging 2x as much.
199 - 2 year contract..
this is w/o contract

One hidden thing that you do get as a result of getting an on-contract phone is not having a SIM-unlocked phone. Sure that doesn't really matter for neither Verizon nor Sprint, but it is a dealbreaker for many of us who travel frequently and would rather save by renting/purchasing SIM cards abroad.

Besides, if you know what you are doing, and you are a light enough user, you can break even without carrier subsidy in rather short order (usually about a year). That includes not having to pay ETF, too.

If you are out of contract with T-Mobile, you can get a statement credit for signing a new two year
contract without getting a subsidized phone. My brother bought a Nexus One two years ago,
and T-Mobile offered him a $100 statement credit for extending his contract for two more years.

I personally prefer buying an unsubsidized phone and using it with a T-Mobile prepaid plan. I bought
an HTC Radar (Windows Phone 7.5) with a 20% off coupon at the Microsoft Store, and use it with T-Mobile's
prepaid 4G plan.

If you have a 4G phone, you can get unlimited talk and text plus 100 MB of 4G data for $50 a month, 2 GB of
data for $60 a month, or 5 GB of data for $70 a month. If you buy your refills from Callingmart.com, you can
get a 5% discount with coupon codes. It works for me.

They ship within a few hours. Return policy.

You can initiate a return within 14 days of delivery. Upon receipt of your returned device, we'll issue a refund to the original Google Wallet account minus a 15% restocking fee. We may waive the fee for an unopened box in perfect condition. For damaged units, customers may be charged additional restocking fees based on the state of your returned device.

You will not be refunded for the shipping cost of the original purchase.

doe any one know if we can you medianet on this phone?

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014