• Text Only
Voting History
rated:
Now that's what I call a hot deal!

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa

ETA: 4G speeds on both AT&T AND T-Mobile. This is one of the very few pentaband GSM phones out there.

Member Summary

Samsung Galaxy Nexus
Thanks BMWLVR82
Disclaimer
Most Recent Posts
The reason it does not have it has nothing to do w/ the fact that it would cost an extra $x.yy to include it..

from Andro... (more)

chrispix99 (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 2:00p) |

Yeah, if anyone's used an Android with a SD slot, the management of SD card content is a bit weird in Android. I guess i... (more)

HappyScrappyHeroPup (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 3:45p) |

I still think they're wrong.

In my mind, the Galaxy SIII is currently a great example of it done right: 16GB is great fo... (more)

IronTek (Oct. 16, 2012 @ 4:00p) |

PRICE IS NOW $324.98 @ dailysteals

Excellent guide on using this phone with the T-Mobile $30, 100 minute, 5GB plan:
http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1646755
  • Also categorized in:
Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

Awesome deal!

However, tax and $10 shipping puts it at $440 for me, which is only $10 less than Amazon. Hopefully tax doesn't kill it for others though.

FluffyBadBad said:   Awesome deal!

However, tax and $10 shipping puts it at $440 for me, which is only $10 less than Amazon. Hopefully tax doesn't kill it for others though.

Yeah.. $438.16 for me too after tax and shipping, but you do get $10 from Google when you activate Google Wallet.. makes it a "little" sweeter..

I LOVE this phone. Got it for $460 a month ago. Works well on T-Mobile for me.

This is a great deal. I bought the 'grey market' device (imported from outside). Buying from Google at a lower price and hopefully means covered by Samsung USA warranty... no brainer. This IS a good device, too.

cyfan said:   I LOVE this phone. Got it for $460 a month ago. Works well on T-Mobile for me.

Don't forget Straight Talk BYOD SIM option. $45 for unlimited everything (sort of).

Straight Talk SIM Only

great deal! I got mine for $430. Which is a tad less as there was no tax.

I wonder if the ROM will be different on this. Must be if they are advertising native google wallet support.

might be worth getting a faster 4g service from Simple mobile
for additional $15 buckaroos...

Really good deal, I got mine from Onesaleaday on eBay for 430... great Phone!..Also if somthing goes wrong your dealing with GOOGLE directly!

LaidOffTechWorker said:   cyfan said:   I LOVE this phone. Got it for $460 a month ago. Works well on T-Mobile for me.

Don't forget Straight Talk BYOD SIM option. $45 for unlimited everything (sort of).

Straight Talk SIM Only

Does Straight Talk throttle or limit bandwidth or coverage? Will it allow 4G data?

fsiphoto said:   LaidOffTechWorker said:   cyfan said:   I LOVE this phone. Got it for $460 a month ago. Works well on T-Mobile for me.

Straight Talk SIM Only

Does Straight Talk throttle or limit bandwidth or coverage? Will it allow 4G data?
Yes it does. 120 MB per day.. 2GB per month. They will kick you out if you go over.. and they have.. acfording to users at Howard Forums.

the $30 T-Mobile 5gb data / 100 minutes works great with this phone if you don't use many voice minutes

Man, there are never any deals for Verizon?!?!?

very tempting, BUT.... it's quickly becoming an outdated phone mainly because no 4G and the fact it doesnt have microSD slot still irks me. as much as i was dreaming for it last year i'm gonna have to pass now.

SteelRing said:   very tempting, BUT.... it's quickly becoming an outdated phone mainly because no 4G and the fact it doesnt have microSD slot still irks me. as much as i was dreaming for it last year i'm gonna have to pass now.umm.. it does have 4G.

KayK said:   SteelRing said:   very tempting, BUT.... it's quickly becoming an outdated phone mainly because no 4G and the fact it doesnt have microSD slot still irks me. as much as i was dreaming for it last year i'm gonna have to pass now.umm.. it does have 4G.

Well, it's got "4G", but not true 4G. HSPA+ is pretty fast but it's not nearly as fast as true LTE 4G. On the plus side, most people would probably never really notice the speed difference and battery life is much better without LTE.

abscess said:   the $30 T-Mobile 5gb data / 100 minutes works great with this phone if you don't use many voice minutesGood plan, even better with Galaxy S2 which runs twice as fast on HSPA42+. Now if only they would come out with the ICS upgrade....

448.xx including shipping and tax

frenzieddeals said:   Good plan, even better with Galaxy S2 which runs twice as fast on HSPA42+. Now if only they would come out with the ICS upgrade....What kind of speed do you get? I've never seen better than 10mbps in the Bay Area.

does it work in India?

I just got mine yesterday from eBay, great phone but if you are plannig to use T-Mobile's wifi callibg for signel, then maybe you shouldnt get it, you cant get it on this phone. I have crappy T-Mobile service and without the wifi calling, I have horrible service. Im really thinking about returning or selling it.

Good price, I paid more.

Not sure what google is trying to do here. You can get the latest iPhone for $199 from Apple.com. Google is charging 2x as much.

fatxman said:   Not sure what google is trying to do here. You can get the latest iPhone for $199 from Apple.com. Google is charging 2x as much.
199 - 2 year contract..
this is w/o contract

I recommend simple mobile - $40 INCLUDING taxes for 'unlimited' 3G data, etc. Great deal. I think that beats the $45 (+tax?) Straight Talk plan.

eviljim said:   I recommend simple mobile - $40 INCLUDING taxes for 'unlimited' 3G data, etc. Great deal. I think that beats the $45 (+tax?) Straight Talk plan.Straight Talk has 4G speeds. Simple Mobile is capped at 119kbps.

The external speaker volume is very low on my NG, does anyone else have the same issue? Also, I can't update to the latest ROM 4.0.4 via OTA.

KayK said:   eviljim said:   I recommend simple mobile - $40 INCLUDING taxes for 'unlimited' 3G data, etc. Great deal. I think that beats the $45 (+tax?) Straight Talk plan.Straight Talk has 4G speeds. Simple Mobile is capped at 119kbps.

Ah, good to know. I couldn't figure that out from their site. So for ~$10 after taxes you get 4G... probably worth it to most people.

isdex said:   The external speaker volume is very low on my NG, does anyone else have the same issue? Also, I can't update to the latest ROM 4.0.4 via OTA.

Yeah. The NG has a pretty pathetic speaker. Try putting your phone in a bowl, it helps amplify.

eviljim said:   KayK said:   eviljim said:   I recommend simple mobile - $40 INCLUDING taxes for 'unlimited' 3G data, etc. Great deal. I think that beats the $45 (+tax?) Straight Talk plan.Straight Talk has 4G speeds. Simple Mobile is capped at 119kbps.

Ah, good to know. I couldn't figure that out from their site. So for ~$10 after taxes you get 4G... probably worth it to most people.
Yes you get 4G, but Straight Talk kicks you out if you use more than 120 MB per day.. or over 2GB per month.

eviljim said:   Yeah. The NG has a pretty pathetic speaker. Try putting your phone in a bowl, it helps amplify.it's much better with 4.0.4 though still not great

I believe the $40 Simple Mobile plan gives you 100 MB of 3G/faux-G speed. After that, you're on EDGE-speeds. Not sure about the $60 plan. The $45 Straight Talk gives u 2GB of 4G speed. Wish they'd just throttle after 2gb rather than booting you off.

Got the following info. I would assume it is from Samsung USA. Also there may be 15% restocking fee even within 14 days.

Regular warranty service and out of warranty repairs
After 14 days from delivery or for an out of warranty repair, please contact Samsung support at 1-888-987-HELP(4357). Samsung operates a repair and return service for Galaxy Nexus phones.

Cool...I was just thinking that it is time for me to get a new phone.

Thanks for posting this! I've been looking for the Straight Talk "sim only" option.

Tax and shipping kills the deal.

eviljim said:   I recommend simple mobile - $40 INCLUDING taxes for 'unlimited' 3G data, etc. Great deal. I think that beats the $45 (+tax?) Straight Talk plan.

3G data is too slow. $30 T-Mobile plan is the way to go. 5GB of 4G speed then you get throttled, but it's unlimited. Just makes calls over voice IP if you need more than 100 mins.

namlook said:   Tax and shipping kills the deal.

eviljim said:   I recommend simple mobile - $40 INCLUDING taxes for 'unlimited' 3G data, etc. Great deal. I think that beats the $45 (+tax?) Straight Talk plan.

3G data is too slow. $30 T-Mobile plan is the way to go. 5GB of 4G speed then you get throttled, but it's unlimited. Just makes calls over voice IP if you need more than 100 mins.
Yep, + unlimited text. That's the best deal out there if you don't need a lot of voice minutes. Extra minutes are 10c if you want to stick with T-Mo. Been saving me over $50 month over those ATT thieves. As for LTE, 6-10MBps is good enough for surfing the web which is what I get around here. My iPad has LTE but it really isn't needed for 98% of the people. I mean I am getting 35MBps on the Verizon LTE iPad but it's really not needed for 99% of what you do.

how many minutes we can talk using 5GB ? Any Idea?

namlook said:   Tax and shipping kills the deal.

abscess said:   frenzieddeals said:   Good plan, even better with Galaxy S2 which runs twice as fast on HSPA42+. Now if only they would come out with the ICS upgrade....What kind of speed do you get? I've never seen better than 10mbps in the Bay Area.

I'm getting about 11mbps in Seattle (considering their homebase is here in Bellevue (right outside Seattle) they better have good speed here. I too have the Galaxy S2 running on the tmo $30 plan. Using it in conjunction with GrooveIP and its pretty solid with fairly good coverage. Now if there is no 4G service, Edge data just plan sucks. No way you can run GrooveIP with that. Have to revert using the limited 100 minutes, but that doesn't happen too often if you are in the city. I surf and videos fairly hard and pretty much AVG 140mb a day, easily within my 5GB month 4G speed.

Back to topic, the Galaxy Nexus is a pretty kick ass phone and its a great price for a no contract smart phone.

KayK said:   Now that's what I call a hot deal!

https://play.google.com/store/devices/details?id=galaxy_nexus_hspa

ETA: 4G speeds on both AT&T AND T-Mobile. This is one of the very few pentaband GSM phones out there.

Don't worry, it'll keep getting hotter and hotter. Nothing beats the iphone ..yet.

Skipping 228 Messages...
I still think they're wrong.

In my mind, the Galaxy SIII is currently a great example of it done right: 16GB is great for apps, games, etc., and I can use a MicroSD card to keep my music, movies, and photos on.

This requires virtually no management as far as juggling apps back and forth, and keeps everything pretty well organized.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.