• Text Only
Ordered on Friday, received shipping notice today, estimated delivery Wednesday.

cueball said:   Ordered on Friday, received shipping notice today, estimated delivery Wednesday.

They are quite consistent. I ordered Saturday, received shipping notice today, estimated delivery tomorrow (Thursday).

I just can't get over that it doesn't have a MicroSD slot. If the memory was expandable, I'd have bought one already.

IronTek said:   I just can't get over that it doesn't have a MicroSD slot. If the memory was expandable, I'd have bought one already.if it helps, it supports usb otg so you can attach as much flash memory as you want via a dongle (currently you need to be rooted to do this, but the android team has said it will be included in a future firmware update)

It's nice to know that it can do that, but it shouldn't have to. They should have spent an extra buck on the Bill of Materials and included it.

anyone know if the EXT battery from the Verizon Galaxy Nexus will fit this phone?

aznlstar said:   anyone know if the EXT battery from the Verizon Galaxy Nexus will fit this phone?no, the gsm version and the cdma version have different batteries

you will probably need to buy one overseas

Received mine today... When I compare to Galaxy S3, Nexus seems very inferior... offcourse, there is a difference of $250 here....

comparing hardware specs yes it would be inferior to newer and pricier S3, whaddaya expect? but, not having the samsung skin on it and the immediate update to latest android with no hassle plus i never find the hardware lacking anything whatsoever make this a winner.

IronTek said:   It's nice to know that it can do that, but it shouldn't have to. They should have spent an extra buck on the Bill of Materials and included it.

Extra buck? find me a pentaband dual core jellybean phone remotely similar to this for 360$ off contract brand new with an sd card. I bet you couldn't even find one for $400

wethead said:   IronTek said:   It's nice to know that it can do that, but it shouldn't have to. They should have spent an extra buck on the Bill of Materials and included it.

Extra buck? find me a pentaband dual core jellybean phone remotely similar to this for 360$ off contract brand new with an sd card. I bet you couldn't even find one for $400
Nexus doesnt have SD card.

ab2pk said:   Received mine today... When I compare to Galaxy S3, Nexus seems very inferior... offcourse, there is a difference of $250 here....
Received mine yesterday, already unlocked and rooted. So far very impressed, nice upgrade from my iPhone 4. Wish it had the same camera as the S3, and an SD card slot would be nice, but I think it's a great value for $350, especially combined w/ the T-Mobile $30/month plan.

wethead said:   IronTek said:   It's nice to know that it can do that, but it shouldn't have to. They should have spent an extra buck on the Bill of Materials and included it.

Wow, okay...the Bill of Materials is the cost of the parts to make the phone. So what I was saying was that, for an extra dollar, they could have added a MicroSD card slot. Yes, it's a great phone otherwise, but this one omission means it's not suitable for me. By all means, enjoy it!

KayK said:   wethead said:   IronTek said:   It's nice to know that it can do that, but it shouldn't have to. They should have spent an extra buck on the Bill of Materials and included it.

Nexus doesnt have SD card.

I believe he's saying that you can't find a similarly spec'd phone with an SD Card for around $400. The GN is a great value.

I know what he was saying, but since it had absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the point I was trying to make, I assumed he was simply confused and needed a better explanation.

anyone know if the $349 is a sale or is it the new price???

emmd2001 said:   anyone know if the $349 is a sale or is it the new price???
New price

IronTek said:   I know what he was saying, but since it had absolutely nothing to do whatsoever with the point I was trying to make, I assumed he was simply confused and needed a better explanation.Try telling Apple to spend an extra $1 to put an SD slot for the iPhone. Of course, you'd also have to explain why they should no longer charge $50 for 8GB of the same flash memory that SD card manufacturers get $5 (or less) for.

Essentially these companies are in the business of taking as much of your money as possible as passing as little of it to their downstream suppliers as possible. That's capitalism in a sentence. If they give you memory expansion then they have to get their profits elsewhere. That's why the cheap phones don't have an SD slot and the expensive ones do. Is the Galaxy S3 really $250 better than the Galaxy Nexus? I think not.

I am in Seattle. Does anyone know if there would be a shipping/tax?
Is this the same as I9250 sold on Amazon for $403?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-I9250-Galaxy-Nexus-Unlocked/dp/B00...

ufmale said:   I am in Seattle. Does anyone know if there would be a shipping/tax?
Is this the same as I9250 sold on Amazon for $403?

http://www.amazon.com/Samsung-I9250-Galaxy-Nexus-Unlocked/dp/B00...

Tax yes. Shipping charge? Yes. Same as link? Yes. Warranty (on the link you provided)? No.

Amaz0n in WA charges sales tax. I'd just go with the Play store for a similar price + warranty.

I am waiting to see if the price drops further now that we have a few more new players.
Still a good phone.

This phone is getting close to being a year old, correct? Has anyone found any word on it's replacement?

kelbad said:   This phone is getting close to being a year old, correct? Has anyone found any word on it's replacement?

There have been a lot of rumors that LG is making the next Nexus. Gizmodo has a story quoting CNET that
says the phone will be out by the end of the month with 4.2. Text.

If the rumors pan out that the new device is 4.2 with limited new functionality on LG hardware, I'm salivating at the prospect of buying a Galaxy Nexus for less than $300 from the play store.

Not sure why they would give LG a crack at Nexus without a must have new feature in Android (although who knows, maybe there are surprises coming) given their poor track making phones and smartphones. The LG fliphone I had on Verizon 11 years ago still leaves a bad taste in my mouth for their products.

$324.98(sh. incl) @ dailysteals.com

The reason it does not have it has nothing to do w/ the fact that it would cost an extra $x.yy to include it..

Dan Morrill said: We got tired of seeing OEMs include many GB of internal storage for music, while users were still running out of space for apps and data. This approach lets us merge everything on one volume, which is way better.

-- Dan Morrill, Android engineer at Google

from Android Central article

Yeah, if anyone's used an Android with a SD slot, the management of SD card content is a bit weird in Android. I guess instead of trying to make that work better they just put all the storage internal. It works well for the most part. The only time I miss SD cards is when loading up movies.

I still think they're wrong.

In my mind, the Galaxy SIII is currently a great example of it done right: 16GB is great for apps, games, etc., and I can use a MicroSD card to keep my music, movies, and photos on.

This requires virtually no management as far as juggling apps back and forth, and keeps everything pretty well organized.

Disclaimer: By providing links to other sites, FatWallet.com does not guarantee, approve or endorse the information or products available at these sites, nor does a link indicate any association with or endorsement by the linked site to FatWallet.com.

Thanks for visiting FatWallet.com. Join for free to remove this ad.

TRUSTe online privacy certification

While FatWallet makes every effort to post correct information, offers are subject to change without notice.
Some exclusions may apply based upon merchant policies.
© 1999-2014

It's time for an upgrade!

After a decade on our current platform, we're upgrading our plumbing. The site will be down for a few hours starting at 10PM CST tonight.

At FatWallet we strive to bring you the best coupons, deals and Cash Back. So please come back and check us out.